DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6653|Los Angeles, California, US.
Thats Why I Play SF, n00bs are too Cheap to buy it. . But Yeah, Less Noobs On SF.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Mantis701
+6|6593|PA, USA
SF rules.  Night maps are underrated.  Infantry combat rocks.  'Nuff said.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6653|Los Angeles, California, US.
Night Maps Are The Best. Flying At Night Is Fun, Leviathin. The Best Part Is, Nobody Wants The Heli. But Yeah, Infantry Is Better.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
chittydog
less busy
+586|6861|Kubra, Damn it!

Seems pretty even to me. SAS on Ghost Town always has at least 1 or 2 morons who jump in front of vehicles at the beginning of the round.
spacebandit72
Dead Meat
+121|6757|Michigan
I guess it just depends on the server. I have had both good and bad times in all versions of bf2 not counting EF. Why did I buy it anyway? No servers and if you do find one, you can't get a vehicle to save your life.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6861|Kubra, Damn it!

True, not the entire match. But I still see it all over SF. That was just the first example I thought of as it happened to me twice tonight.
oberst_enzian
+234|6769|melb.au

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

I have been playing SF for about 3 weeks straight now... tonight I tried my hand at vanilla BF2...

and I was so disgusted and turned off by the emphasis on vehicles (noobs tking for vehicles, standing infront of them to punish, not working as a team etc.) that I just went back to SF.

It was a relief.

Anyone experience this?
yeah, this (and the lack of jets and jet-related retarded behaviour) is why i play more sf than vanilla... after while i also decided that the infantry combat is just better for some reason in sf. the maps are "tighter", more fun to run around in, or something. i only go back to vanilla when i want sharqi, mash, kark or songhua, which adhere to the same ground-pounding principle imo.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6745|Melbourne, Australia
yer im g4etting a bit over vanilla mate.. i actully now that u mention it .. have never seen any tkin for viechles
and its much more infentry based.. i love it!
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6836|Nårvei

BF2 vanilla : Dont go there !

The cremè plays SF, BF2 vanilla is for the masses - Sf is for the feinsmeckers :-)
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Eggbert70
+0|6597|Oldham
I find more idiots on SF tbh. 2 nights ago on ghost town 1 guy kept tk me as spetz for the tank / apc so I kill him back as u do

Next round we had both been switched to SAS and he still starts - fuckin ass hole.

Anyways I go commander and arty his ass all map plus we still won

admin was on btw who as usual did sweet FA
Rumfuddle
+14|6744
Yes, having thoroughly burned myself out on Karkand, Sharqi, Mashtuur I have turned almost completely to SF for infantry combat.  However, now I am burning myself out on Ghost Town, Mass, and Warlord. 

Why not release an infantry oriented booster pack instead of the EF and Armored Boredom crap?  Is tooling around in a gaggle of tanks actually fun after the first 5 times? 

There is no shortage of bad behavior on SF.  I see plenty of intentional or reckless tk-ing for vehicles on Ghost Town.
DeadboyUSMC
+65|6725|NCFSU2
I've only personally run into idiocy as described by the original poster in regular BF2 a few times. I really don't mind the emphasis on vehicles because that's just how wars are fought nowadays. Mobility and firepower are key assets for any and all forces.

I like infantry combat a lot, but with the addition of vehicles it keeps things mixed up and fun rather than just straight ground pounding.

I always play with a buddy of mine that's stationed in Ft. Bragg, with our mutual understanding of infantry tactics, teamwork is easy and a blast. VOIP is just a nifty feature for us, since we're always looking out for each other in the game. I guess you just need to find a good squad/ battle buddy to always play with.

Just play whichever BF2 you feel like...
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6621|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
the only thing i dont like about sf is the TVs on the chopper are out of whack. the Hind tv missiles point almost straight down so u have to rely on ur pilot to kill the enemy chopper. pisses me off.

other than that i love sf its a shame most  of the servers are in europe
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6773|The United Center

seymorebutts443 wrote:

the only thing i dont like about sf is the TVs on the chopper are out of whack. the Hind tv missiles point almost straight down so u have to rely on ur pilot to kill the enemy chopper. pisses me off.

yeah, i always get yelled at by my gunners for not lining up the TVs on the apache or the hind...

...i have no idea where the TV missile view on those choppers is.  its not on secretsofbattlefield.com either.
Darky
Hi..
+71|6588|Here.

ThomasMorgan wrote:

seymorebutts443 wrote:

yeah, i always get yelled at by my gunners for not lining up the TVs on the apache or the hind...

...i have no idea where the TV missile view on those choppers is.  its not on secretsofbattlefield.com either.
you have to go high, insanely high, to line up a decent shot for tv, especially if its on another chopper.

sf > vanilla.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6815|Singapore

Its not the game, its the people
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6746|California

its not the game, its bushviper. he is awesome to play with on SF
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6617|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

stryyker wrote:

its not the game, its bushviper. he is awesome to play with on SF
c0rce
+11|6594

ThomasMorgan wrote:

On vanilla you want to line up the target about midway between the crosshair and the gun view box.

On SF you need the target a bit below the gun view box.

It's a bit tricky at times, you really have to lift your nose if you are up against another heli, but it has its advantages. Tanks, apcs and jeeps can't hit you when you are close to directly over them, and in SF the gunner can missile them from here. Height is obviously a big advantage over other helis, if you are the higher heli you can give your gunner a shot, if you are the lower heli its almost impossible to get a shot off.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard