Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
Annoys me this is not on PC ... not buying a $300 console just to play one game.  Smooth move devs, could've had some more cash from the racing fans on our PCs.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

nothing to do with devs tbh
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

What botheres me a bit is the amount of reruns you have to do to get to the next level, the old license system was better, once a license was completed you had access to that entire level of races ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6547|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Sooo, now that the game is out...Is there any Kubelwagen in it?
Mugen
+19|5969
awsm stuff:
Update Notice (1.05)

A new update has been released for Gran Turismo 5.
The main contents of the update are as follows:

Seasonal Events
[Seasonal Events] have been added to the upper left side of the [GT Mode] - [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team. In these events, all participants under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. In Time Trials and Drift Trials, compete on the leader boards with players around the world.

Online Dealership
An [Online Dealership] has been added to the left center of the screen. In here you will find popular and rare used cars. You might just come across that one car you've always been looking for, that you haven't been able to find in the used car dealership.

Online Race Rewards and Experience
When you complete a race in the open lobby or my lounge, you will now gain rewards and experience points. Therefore if you are focused more on playing online, you'll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in GT Life.

Driving Distance and Number of wins in Online Races
The driving distance and number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in Open lobby or My lounge will now affect your stats in Profile and the Garage. Here again the results from your online play will cumulate within GT Life

Improved Rewards
The rewards for winning races in Both A-Spec and B-Spec in GT mode- GT Life have been increased for a limited time only. This applies until the end of January 2011. This is a great chance for those who were previously have difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.

Race Information Display
Is now available in the Start-Quick Options. You can also see this in Race Display in Options.

Save Data Backup
You can now copy and restore your save data. For details please refer to the in-game Manual

Personal BGM (menu)
From [options]-[hardware]-[Audio], it is now possible to set the Personal BGM (menu). This can also be accessed from the Music Library within GT Mode.

Car Name Change
The official name of the "Red Bull X1" has been changed to "Red Bull X2010"

Integration within the website
THe main features within GT Mode - Community can now be accessed through the "Gran-Turismo.com Official Website.

Important Note
We have made improvements to the Log within GT Mode - Community section,
in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was here before the update has been reset.
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6141|New Austin, Not
Oh look a new exploit has appeared. Thanks 1.05 o/

-Save game file to a back up drive
-load the game, trade/buy/gift a car to someone
-quit game
-Recover using old data
-load the game
-All your cash is back

BF2s GT5 autotrading/Christmas gift/Secret Santa time?
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Rohirm wrote:

-quit game
-Recover using old data
-load the game
-All your cash is back

Sturgeon
+488|4910|Flintshire
So you recover data and you have extra cash and your cars back or what?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

Varegg wrote:

What botheres me a bit is the amount of reruns you have to do to get to the next level, the old license system was better, once a license was completed you had access to that entire level of races ...
That's not really true.

Just get gold in all the events (done - up to extreme), licenses (got about 50% golds) and specials (I still haven't done lots of these) and then you'll be on to the endurance races (and all the ones of them I've done have been super easy, but a bit long and boring). They each give you enough experience to go up a level right away, big events like the Formula GT cup and Dream Car championship do too.

You have to re-do the races to get money so you can afford the cars to do the later races (the Indy circuit in the American championship is my favourite for that - Corvette ZR1 with race kit is a real bargain) - the experience is not the issue.

I don't find leveling a problem at all, but cash flow is a different story all together.....
Sturgeon
+488|4910|Flintshire
Bert what's your best car?
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Bertster7 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

That's not really true.

Just get gold in all the events (done - up to extreme), licenses (got about 50% golds) and specials (I still haven't done lots of these) and then you'll be on to the endurance races (and all the ones of them I've done have been super easy, but a bit long and boring). They each give you enough experience to go up a level right away, big events like the Formula GT cup and Dream Car championship do too.

You have to re-do the races to get money so you can afford the cars to do the later races (the Indy circuit in the American championship is my favourite for that - Corvette ZR1 with race kit is a real bargain) - the experience is not the issue.

I don't find leveling a problem at all, but cash flow is a different story all together.....
Cash flow is now better, atleast until the end of January 2011 ... they raised it in the last patch for a limited time ...

Sturgeon wrote:

Bert what's your best car?
That would be the Formula GT I believe
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Sturgeon
+488|4910|Flintshire
Eggy, mind sending it me with the exploit mentioned above?

PSN is OllySLX
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Sturgeon wrote:

PSN is OllySLX
Getting that car without an exploit is more rewarding ... besides I don't have that car myself yet ...
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Protips on b-spec?

Seems to be a showcase for how bad the AI is.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

jsnipy wrote:

Protips on b-spec?

Put them in cars way better than those driven by the opposition to begin with. Some cars they seem to drive much better than others. Find ones they're good with. The Nomad Diablo was the first one I found most of my drivers seemed to excel with - they seem to hate the Maclaren F1, which might well be my favourite car and they're rubbish with my Corvette ZR1, I have yet to find a car they can do the American Championship with.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

Varegg wrote:

Sturgeon wrote:

PSN is OllySLX
Getting that car without an exploit is more rewarding ... besides I don't have that car myself yet ...
Tip for getting it - go into licenses, enter first event but don't do it just click the next event arrow. Do this 5 times and you will have completely refreshed the used car dealership stock. Make sure you have about 5 million credits before doing this, or you'll just be wasting your time.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6643|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Im loving this game, was worth the wait, Im not really into car games or even cars.
GR34
+215|6515|ALBERTA> CANADA

Rohirm wrote:

-quit game
-Recover using old data
-load the game
-All your cash is back

how does this make money
Mugen
+19|5969

GR34 wrote:

Rohirm wrote:

-quit game
-Recover using old data
-load the game
-All your cash is back

how does this make money
It doesn't. It rather makes cars without spending money.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

That Red Bull car is scary fast....

Golds on those Vettel challenges seems almost impossible.
Sturgeon
+488|4910|Flintshire
Which is the better F1 car, Formula GT, or the Ferrari ones?
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Sturgeon wrote:

To my knowledge you can't use any of the Ferrari F1 cars ... so guess that means the Formula GT is superior ...
Varegg
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

jsnipy wrote:

Protips on b-spec?

Like Bertie said, put your driver in a much better car ...

Some other B-spec tips.

The hotter the driver the better, after lvl 10 or so the hot driver is without a doubt much better than a cool one ... in the beginning you can do just fine with 1 or 2 drivers, when you enter the stage where you need more they will rise in skills and level much faster so concentrate on as few as possible in the beginning ...

After doing the endurence events now I have leveled 4 drivers to lvl30+ in roughly 15 races

And if you find the time look for those cool B.Spec names ... mine so far is named R.Hood, D.Watson, B.Lee and H.Potter
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6551|SE London

Varegg wrote:

Sturgeon wrote:

To my knowledge you can't use any of the Ferrari F1 cars ... so guess that means the Formula GT is superior ...
You can use them, but not for the Formula GT event - so you need the Formula GT anyway.

The Formula GT should also be better than the Ferrari ones and is half the price.

The Red Bull X2010 however, is amazing....

But it's too fast for me. Can't see how you can get golds in those Vettel events 2:08 for 2 laps of the Nurburgring GP is too hard. Even to get bronze for them you have to drive like an absolute maniac. The car can clearly do it no problem, but reacting fast enough to keep up with the car is almost impossible. It makes me understand why they don't actually make cars that fast - anyone who drove it would die.
Sturgeon
+488|4910|Flintshire
I have the Formula GT (the gran turismo one) just wondering is it worth the extra money to buy either of the Ferrari F1 cars?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard