alexb
<3
+590|5937|Kentucky, USA

AussieReaper wrote:

I'm on a HD5970 and would have that once every 5 or so games, but only for about 10 seconds of random flickering.

I thought it was due to an overheating gfx card...

Haven't seen it since the latest patch and fps have increased.
I actually started getting it this patch... odd, right?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

very weird.  Did they give you a solution?  I've never experienced that at all.  But why would AR be getting it with a 5970?  That's DX11 right?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6283|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I finally won't have to be ashamed of my most used weapon
https://g.bfbcs.com/5690/pc_FloppYdk.png
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
alexb
<3
+590|5937|Kentucky, USA

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

very weird.  Did they give you a solution?  I've never experienced that at all.  But why would AR be getting it with a 5970?  That's DX11 right?
No, the guy said he'd inform the developers about the issue. I'm not sure, but I read that its Bloom on DX10 that causes it... thats weird that its happening to his 5970 though, its DX11.

GTX 260 Core 216 55nm here.

Last edited by alexb (2010-12-08 12:37:54)

thepilot91
+64|6233|Åland!

FloppY_ wrote:

http://g.bfbcs.com/5690/pc_FloppYdk.png
yeah g3 with rds / acog is fkin awsome

will probably have most used with it aswell in a bit
FloppY_
­

thepilot91 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

RDS is pointless since the G3 has the best and most accurate iron-sights in the game

You are much better of going for extra explosives or lightweight pack

I do love the fact that 3shots = Kill with magnum ammo
thepilot91
+64|6233|Åland!

FloppY_ wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

RDS is pointless since the G3 has the best and most accurate iron-sights in the game

You are much better of going for extra explosives or lightweight pack

I do love the fact that 3shots = Kill with magnum ammo
the thing is:

1: I'm used to it (m416+rds =PWNHARD)
2: I like the fact that "there's nothing in the way" when aiming (but the red dot) and it still magnifies a little bit

but it's more often than rare the acog since the rifle is capable of medium-longrange if you feel for it
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6286|Pacific NW, USA
My most used weapon is the AN-94, by over 1000 kills from the next (M16), I am ashamed.

I've recently started using the G3, and the iron sights are amazing but I still find I do better with the RDS but only because I'm so use to it.
FloppY_
­

PigPopTart wrote:

My most used weapon is the AN-94, by over 1000 kills from the next (M16), I am ashamed.

I've recently started using the G3, and the iron sights are amazing but I still find I do better with the RDS but only because I'm so use to it.
That thing (AN94 Abakan) was as OP as the M60 before they nerfed it last patch
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6286|Pacific NW, USA
Trust me, it's still way better than every other assault rifle even after the nerf.  The first shot accuracy with the power and a 2-shot burst makes it stupid.

I'll shamefully admit that I still use it when I get frustrated. If I die more than 3 times in a row I'll equip it and rape for the rest of the round with it. yeah...yeah.
Chou
+737|6788
Can't wait for the 'Nam add-on, haven't played BC2 in ages, must have watched Platoon a 1000 times and dead the same amount when charlie "the fag who can't od" sheen, shot barnes.
GullyFoyle
+25|5384
See several DICE video interviews and preview the Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam launch trailer on the latest episode of EA PWNED on YouTube.

There is a little bit after the initial intro, then more near the end of the 15 minute video.
Note that the Trailer designer they interview mentions using working Battlerecorder functionality in house at DICE...
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6309

ffs make BR available to the public already. I really don't see the harm.

Machinima added to the popularity of BF2 and I think it would do the same for BC2.

Last edited by ebug9 (2010-12-17 09:36:08)

Engineer_Fox
Has a horse outside
+48|5180|Hague City Firm - Holland
I just lost all my fucking stats n shit .\/. Took out the disc and flailed it out the window, fuck it.
FloppY_
­

Engineer_Fox wrote:

I just lost all my fucking stats n shit .\/. Took out the disc and flailed it out the window, fuck it.
lolwut?

You do know the stats are bugged sometimes and show a blank page ?
punisher
+1|6596|netherlands

Engineer_Fox wrote:

me too,could log in one time with normal rank and after that update took very long and have no rank anymore.
http://g.bfbcs.com/963/pc_de%20staafmixer.png
https://g.bfbcs.com/963/pc_de%20staafmixer.png
Christbane
+51|6232
just relog a couple times. worked for me
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5981|Perth, Australia
Yeah as I understand it the stats server is under heavy load so when it tries to update your stats it sometimes fails showing you as having no stats anymore.

How they didn't see this coming is what boggles me.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

its under heavy load cause so many people are playing the awesomeness that is BF2BC:Vietnam

Last edited by AussieReaper (2010-12-19 20:14:55)

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6668|UK

Engineer_Fox wrote:

shatats r lyfe
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
TravisC555
+118|6216|Cox Convention Center, OK

ebug9 wrote:

ffs make BR available to the public already. I really don't see the harm.

Machinima added to the popularity of BF2 and I think it would do the same for BC2.

Joe Grant from DICE wrote:

There will not be a Battle recorder.

Yes, Spectator mode is feasible. This does not however confirm we will do it. We do have other things to look at, the support for BC2 is not finished.
Quote Source
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6309

feck
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6572|London
So tanks are even more imbalanced in this than BF2.

Artillery being limited to the commander clearly wasn't putting enough random explosions on the map so all snipers get mortar strikes now.

I like how at level 1 you have absolutely nothing while high level players get like +25% damage and guns which are superior to yours in every way.

Where the hell is BF3
FloppY_
­

Aries_37 wrote:

So tanks are even more imbalanced in this than BF2.

Artillery being limited to the commander clearly wasn't putting enough random explosions on the map so all snipers get mortar strikes now.

I like how at level 1 you have absolutely nothing while high level players get like +25% damage and guns which are superior to yours in every way.

Where the hell is BF3
wtf are you talking about?

Tanks are fine in BC2 seeing as there are so few of them and they are actually powerfull enough to make them worth using
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6572|London
I played some map where both team had 2 tanks.

We had 2 tanks sitting behind the crest of a hill like half a mile from their mcom stations raining shit on them for half the game while a couple of engineers farmed repair points off my tank. They literally could repair me faster than I could be damaged. No one is safe as buildings are destructable so you just level all the key buildings.

Short of parachuting onto me from above there was nothing anyone could do to stop me. After a few rounds the server died as their team gradually ragequit.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard