Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6629

there is multiplayer/online play available, i've yet to try it out though
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6807|Nårvei

Gooners wrote:

The Top Gear lotus event is really challenging... i recall giving up after failing to get past the first corner lol, that car's all over place!

I just reached level 15, bring on the expert series
You have to warm up the tires ... PSN: Gooners?

A-spec lvl 17
B-spec lvl 13

My router died on me Saturday so I'm offline for the time being

The multiplayer sucked ass in prologue so I'm not in a rush to try that out ...

Have 3 B-spec drivers atm ... lvl 11, lvl 8 and lvl 4, they have quite different driving styles so I use them for different kind of races ...

Finished Beginner and Amateur, have just one race left to finish Pro and have done a couple of races in Expert ... great fun
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6168|New Austin, Not

Bertster7 wrote:

Physics seem fantastic. Best driving game I've ever played.

Whilst the single player seems done extremely well, there doesn't seem to be that much of it and almost all of it is pretty easy (I'm only lvl 19 - haven't tried Expert levels yet). The Sebastian Loeb rally stuff is pretty tough though - as is that Top Gear level in the Lotus, that thing is a real handful.
I loved the Sebastian Loeb Rally Challange The all Gold reward car (Citroen C4 WRC) is fucking godly. I had no problem with the first 2 events (didn't even have to restart), but it took me like a few tries to get the Chamonix rally finished.
The TG challenges though are a fucking bitch. The Van one was tedious, the Lotus one was insane, and the Schwimmwagen finale was Got all golds
Too bad the leveling system pretty much comes to a dead stop once you hit like level 17. Im 19 right now and it is taking fooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrevvvvvvver to level up.

Somebody convince me to by a G27 for this game. Anybody have one?
iceman785
+93|6669|Alaska, mother fucker.
My buddy has one, it's pretty fuckin' awesome.  The force-feedback is great and the whole system is real good.  I'd say it's worth it, pick up the warrantee just in case though, never had a prob with his but it's always good to have a fall back. 

We used it for Dirt 2 mainly, you could feel every bump in the steering wheel, definitely worth the buy honestly.
bennisboy
+829|6643|Poundland
Just read a few reviews cos I was considering getting this, but the reviews have quite a lot to say about it being very disappointing
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6753|Scotland

I said it was going to be disappointing, and it is. You can't have a game this long in development and hype it up this much without it failing miserably.

Graphics are inconsistent, ranging from beautiful to downright vulgar, and the gameplay is so so... with car noises failing epicly in comparison with Forza.

Sorry, but this is just an average racing game. It may be a good simulator, but as a game it really has nothing new to offer.
bennisboy
+829|6643|Poundland

Zimmer wrote:

I said it was going to be disappointing, and it is. You can't have a game this long in development and hype it up this much without it failing miserably.

Graphics are inconsistent, ranging from beautiful to downright vulgar, and the gameplay is so so... with car noises failing epicly in comparison with Forza.

Sorry, but this is just an average racing game. It may be a good simulator, but as a game it really has nothing new to offer.
Here are some images I've seen that are backing up your point

https://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Daily/2010/11-Nov/25/Gran%20Turismo%205%20super%20review/Shadows--article_image.jpg

https://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Daily/2010/11-Nov/25/Gran%20Turismo%205%20super%20review/Tree--article_image.jpg

https://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Daily/2010/11-Nov/25/Gran%20Turismo%205%20super%20review/Paste--article_image.jpg

https://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Daily/2010/11-Nov/25/Gran%20Turismo%205%20super%20review/Berlinette--article_image.jpg

https://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Daily/2010/11-Nov/25/Gran%20Turismo%205%20super%20review/Crowds2--article_image.jpg

And the fact you have to unlock damage models....
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6168|New Austin, Not
It is damn inconstant at times, and honestly I hate that a lot. Graphics are either very good (like in Madrid, Rome, Monza or London and Premium cars for the most part) or complete crap (Chamonix, rally events in Alaska, Trial Mountain,  and Standard cars)

But yet somehow, the more you play, the more you love it. Even when you hate it. Its odd as hell.

Iceman785 wrote:

My buddy has one, it's pretty fuckin' awesome.  The force-feedback is great and the whole system is real good.  I'd say it's worth it, pick up the warrantee just in case though, never had a prob with his but it's always good to have a fall back. 

We used it for Dirt 2 mainly, you could feel every bump in the steering wheel, definitely worth the buy honestly.
Sounds good Might just pick one up while I'm at work. I can probably get a hefty discount on the wheel lol. (Thats assuming we aren't sold out )
Will it work with Forza 3 as well is a good question though...
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6578|SE London

Zimmer wrote:

That's the whole point - the driving physics are excellent. Better than anything else I've ever played by a long shot.

What is the most important thing for a driving game? A good engine with good physics. GT5 has the best there is and therefore I most certainly class it as the best racing game there is.

It certainly has some flaws, but not where it counts - the driving.

The only thing that comes close to this overall is Forza 3 - and it's almost impossible to get a proper wheel to play that on because it isn't on a platform with decent controller support.
BRiiNDED
+137|6121

bennisboy wrote:

wait.. what?  really?
bennisboy
+829|6643|Poundland

BRiiNDED wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

wait.. what?  really?
yeah, you unlock basic damage at level 20, full damage at 40, and its only on the premium cars
Sturgeon
+488|4938|Flintshire
Cant get silver on IB-6, it's pissing me off so much

https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

So I read the review and I think its a matter of perspective. I did feel some level of disappointment but would people have liked it better with only the 200 premium cars without the 800 others?
Sturgeon
+488|4938|Flintshire

Sturgeon wrote:

Cant get silver on IB-6, it's pissing me off so much

https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Varegg
+2,206|6807|Nårvei

Bertster7 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

That's the whole point - the driving physics are excellent. Better than anything else I've ever played by a long shot.

What is the most important thing for a driving game? A good engine with good physics. GT5 has the best there is and therefore I most certainly class it as the best racing game there is.

It certainly has some flaws, but not where it counts - the driving.

The only thing that comes close to this overall is Forza 3 - and it's almost impossible to get a proper wheel to play that on because it isn't on a platform with decent controller support.
Totally agree with this ... yes it's not flawless but the very few flaws I've noticed so far has nothing to do with the gameplay itself ...

The possibilities for having a good time with this game is greater than with most similar games ... this is way more than an average racing game David, it's THE racing game ... way more diverse than any other ... have you even played it David?
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Varegg
+2,206|6807|Nårvei

bennisboy wrote:

BRiiNDED wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

wait.. what?  really?
yeah, you unlock basic damage at level 20, full damage at 40, and its only on the premium cars
Sounds strange ... I'm lvl 17 and have already experienced damage and how it affects the driving ... I have had several trips to the body shop after collisions to restore body rigidity and engine damage caused by "reckless" driving ...

I assume the damage system works exponentially so it increases damage the higher your level is and that is good imo ...
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

My brother just got the Veyron
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6283|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Varegg wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

BRiiNDED wrote:

wait.. what?  really?
Sounds strange ... I'm lvl 17 and have already experienced damage and how it affects the driving ... I have had several trips to the body shop after collisions to restore body rigidity and engine damage caused by "reckless" driving ...

I assume the damage system works exponentially so it increases damage the higher your level is and that is good imo ...
Huh? isn't it just visual damage? or is there non of that?

And I who thought tire-wear was annoying in old GTs
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Varegg
+2,206|6807|Nårvei

FloppY_ wrote:

Varegg wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Huh? isn't it just visual damage? or is there non of that?

And I who thought tire-wear was annoying in old GTs
There are some videos on youtube that shows the damage model, parts doesn't fall off the car like it does after lvl 20 etc etc but it is more than just cosmetic before lvl 20 ...

I asume the weather model also will start kicking in after lvl 20 ...
Varegg
+2,206|6807|Nårvei

M.O.A.B wrote:

You win the Veyron in the last Pro event ...
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6629

Varegg wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

pretty useless tbh
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6578|SE London

Gooners wrote:

Varegg wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

pretty useless tbh
Unless you like driving in a straight line.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
and crashing. thats fun
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6629

Bertster7 wrote:

Gooners wrote:

Varegg wrote:

pretty useless tbh
Unless you like driving in a straight line.
lol, of course it's a different case then...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard