PunkX
stoned
+198|6641|Canada
Okay, i did a search and found that it had been mentioned a few times but there was no official topic about it, so i would like to hear what you think.

Do you think that it would be a good idea that servers have a score per round limit of around 200. That way people can pad and pad all they want but they won't get the points for it, it's simple when you think about it, If you play a round with few people in it and all you do is sit in a drowning vodnik as engineer for thw whole round, sure you'll get 200 repair points, but you wont get any more.

Another way could be enabling a frag limit on servers, so that the round ends when a team reaches a certain amount of frags/kills. Which would solve the Kill/Heal padding technique. Any of those would result in lower BR scores and Lower Kill streaks, thus, solving the problem of EA resetting your stats!

peace boris.

I mean, peace ToR
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6827|Nårvei

Remember some posted 211 points as the most points you could get as limit pr round that counts towards your global score.

Not sure !
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
[tlv]TDL
+7|6676
I've heard 211 too.
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6750|Oslo, Norway
i have not heard anything
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6702|Seattle
hmm it's possible.

Of course, the famous commander glitch allowed for more than that...
mo1esdude
+9|6612|Scotland
hmm, i didnt think there was a limit, but limiting the points you can get? mm, i dont know..
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6726
I think that is not an ideal solution and that there is probably a more elagant programatic solution. 

When you try and repair the vehical that you are in the  wrench stamina should be utilized to prevent the everlasting repair job.  or make it so that vehicals that are siting in water have the damage per second increase the longer it is in water that is too deep.  Third make it so that you just don't get repair points for a vehical that you are in.   

For the knife-revive they could create a number of times that you can revive someone in a period of time and over that would be the fatal blow.  4 time in 30sec or 5-6 times in a minute in is a lot of revives for real play and if you get killed that maney times in real play in a row you need to stay dead and spawn some where outside of the hot zone.

I am sure the there is a way to remove the ability to spam granades out of a vehical for support points.

Repair, Supply and Revive/Heal points are about helping you team.

Last edited by cheshiremoe (2006-05-08 12:02:27)

Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6769

Varegg wrote:

Remember some posted 211 points as the most points you could get as limit pr round that counts towards your global score.

Not sure !
Idk about that . My B.R. is 229 (1.22 patch)

Dr.B
Teamsreth
Complete Tanker
+17|6860|England

cheshiremoe wrote:

I think that is not an ideal solution and that there is probably a more elagant programatic solution. 

When you try and repair the vehical that you are in the should utilize the wrench stamina to prevent the everlasting repair job.  or make it so that vehicals that are siting in water have the damage per second increase the longer it is in water that is too deep.  Thats two options for repair padding. 

For the knife-revive they could create a number of times that you can revive someone in a period of time and over that would be the fatal blow.  4 time in 30sec or 5-6 times in a minute in is a lot of revives for real play and if you get killed that maney times in real play in a row you need to stay dead and spawn some where outside of the hot zone.

I am sure the there is a way to remove the ability to spam granades out of a vehical for support points.
A couple of very good ideas, perhaps too good for EA/Dice to implement?

+1 for you!!!
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6726

Teamsreth wrote:

A couple of very good ideas, perhaps too good for EA/Dice to implement?

+1 for you!!!
Thanks.  I think that EA has been shoot its self in the foot by overworking there programers for profit.  I have not heard how it its to work for DICE, but if EA has any say the developers may not get any time to wrap there heads around to problems and actualy play with the solutions.  They may just be told "fix this problem and this is how your going to fix it" leaving no room thinking on alternat solutions.
gunpiss
+19|6699
For a server with fewer people, the score could go pretty high, maybe 300-400.  But other than that, I won't expect it will go over 500.
Black Vaine
+43|6639|K-Town, Sweden
Why just dont play the game ...? And ignore all the padders...
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6827|Nårvei

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Not sure !
Idk about that . My B.R. is 229 (1.22 patch)

Dr.B
And i have 330, but the post i read mentioned that the cap on what actually works towards your global score is max 211, so if u get more than that it will register but your global score will onlu increase with 211 points.

But thats not confirmed by any other sources than in this forum !

Edit : Grammer again ;-)

Last edited by Varegg (2006-05-08 13:48:05)

Wait behind the line ..............................................................
danielcp2
+0|6686
I got a br of 480 on dragon valley.  ridculously long match with 8-12 players on a 64 map at any given time.  played as commander so my points were doubled.  My global score went up by that amount so I dont think that there is a limit or that there should be.  I really enjoy the long rounds that last over 30 minutes.  Makes winning so much more enjoyable and makes you really not want to lose.

and NO i did not stat pad of any kind.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6841|St. Louis, MO
Never heard anything like that.It's not that big of a deal to me considering i've only got over 211 twice since i've had the game.
Does any official confirmation of this exist?Seems something like score limitations would would be common knowledge.Not something you have to find out about from forums or rumors.
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6593
I think a point limit is not good, but I also think stats padding is not got :S
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6691|Houston, Texas
1.21 or 1.22 I recently got a 448 on a basically empty 64 player karkand, and it recorded it - putting it towards my global.
alpinestar
+304|6613|New York City baby.
i did 400ish on karkand once and I seen a guy do over 500 on karkand but not sure if it went towards his global but on my side all good
glopje_nl
+21|6687|HOLLAND
limit it to 500  caus nobody can get higher then 500 without padding i think
i know there is no limit on it caus i had on my other account a brs of 98973 or something like that
millhous
+39|6654|OREEGONE, USA
As far as i know, their is no cap for points recieved in a round.
DazBurt
Kinda Nice Guy!
+10|6679|In The Zone
Maybe a medic should only be able to heal players once before thay guy has to respawn.  That would stop medics hiding round a corner and reviving you just so you can get shot again and again, Damn thats annoying sometimes.  I dont mind getting revived but when it keeps going on, I just want to play the game
a fly
+105|6661|The netherlands

LOSER|Tearsofromance wrote:

Okay, i did a search and found that it had been mentioned a few times but there was no official topic about it, so i would like to hear what you think.

Do you think that it would be a good idea that servers have a score per round limit of around 200. That way people can pad and pad all they want but they won't get the points for it, it's simple when you think about it, If you play a round with few people in it and all you do is sit in a drowning vodnik as engineer for thw whole round, sure you'll get 200 repair points, but you wont get any more.

Another way could be enabling a frag limit on servers, so that the round ends when a team reaches a certain amount of frags/kills. Which would solve the Kill/Heal padding technique. Any of those would result in lower BR scores and Lower Kill streaks, thus, solving the problem of EA resetting your stats!

peace boris.

I mean, peace ToR
sorry to tell you, but you cant get more then 50 or 100 repair/heal/ammo points per rounds. it would be useless.

and i see people get fair scores of over 200, it should stay possable, however a round of over 450 is unlikely and if thats the maxiumum it would be good......
Username II
+3|6651
So...a guy would get points to the limit...and then, since he's obviously just playing for points which ideally result from actions which help the team, stops playing unitl the round is out. He got his points.

Is that plausible?

I guess it sorts the players from the padders

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard