-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada

SonderKommando wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Just bought BSN NO-Xplode for the first time as it's now 25% extra for the same price.

Gonna try it out now. Should be good.
I like it.  There are better pre workouts IMO.  Try this if you get a chance zim:

http://astronutrition.com/media/catalog … pi-1mr.jpg

Also, weighed in at 215 yesterday.  Feeling bear mode for sure.  Loving the strength though, gonna look awesome when I start leaning down.
I think my brother took that stuff and it made him feel like puking.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6651|The darkside of Denver

Nic wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Just bought BSN NO-Xplode for the first time as it's now 25% extra for the same price.

I like it.  There are better pre workouts IMO.  Try this if you get a chance zim:

Also, weighed in at 215 yesterday.  Feeling bear mode for sure.  Loving the strength though, gonna look awesome when I start leaning down.
Your brother is a pussy.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada

SonderKommando wrote:

Nic wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Your brother is a pussy.
not really, hes not a body builder though, just works out on the regular.
SonderKommando

Nic wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Nic wrote:

Your brother is a pussy.
I was kidding.  It can be intense the first time you take it.  But I swear by it for my pre workout.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5956|London, England

SonderKommando wrote:

Hey guys.  So my wife did her first BB comp on Saturday night.  My sister competed as well in the Figure portion of the contest.  Was an awesome night, wife got second in her class and fourth in the novice open competition.  Pics later.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6747|Scotland

SonderKommando wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Jesus man, the price of that shit is ridiculous. And the amount of caffeine in it is even scarier.

I swear by BSN, ON, PhD and Gaspari.... but this stuff looks far too extreme.

The NO X-Plode worked a treat. Still got a ton of energy and managed 1 more set of all my exercises (tris and bis) today.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6650|BC, Canada

SonderKommando wrote:

Nic wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Your brother is a pussy.
I was kidding.  It can be intense the first time you take it.  But I swear by it for my pre workout.
I know, that Superpump was damn intense the first time I took it. But I have a lot of energy already, and tend towards hyper-activitiy. Don't think I want to try anything more than that, it kept me up all night once or twice.

Anyway, I'm gonna go do a abs, calves, and core day. I don't do much in the way of core exercises, any good reccomendations?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5169|Sydney
I've just started on the P90X Ab Ripper X. It's a killer for me, I can't even get 1/4 of the way through yet. Give me a couple months though and I'll surely see some progress.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Torrent it
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6182|Roma
Right here we go.
Bear in mind I HAVE been seeing some increases in the weights but not so much in gaining mass and size, which were my main goals. I still get aches the next day some of the time, and especially when I up the weights.
Pretty much all exercises are 10 reps, increase, 8 reps, increase, 6 reps.

Chest and Biceps
DB flat press
DB flat fly
DB incline press
Cable curl with the machine
DB curl (Standing up, one arm at a time)

Legs and Shoulders
Leg press machine (recently changed to Smith machine Squats, as the gym in America doesn't have the leg press machine)
Lying leg curl
Thigh Extension
Calf Raise
Shoulder Press machine
DB lateral raise
DB shoulder shrug (straight up and down)

Back and Tri's
Deadlift (I know it's legs, but when I started it was working my lower back a lot more, now I have progressed it has started telling on my legs more than my back)
Seated Row
Lat pulldown (U Grip)
Reverse Flys
Tricep pushdown (cable machine)
Tricep extension (overhead)

Each workout is followed by about 10-15mins of abs work, of varying exercises. (leg raises, curl ups, bicycle crunches, incline leg raises etc.)
A few months ago I started adding a 4th routine if I had time, a size down from the '300 workout'. And recently have been adding a fatigue exercise at the end of each day, with the goal of 30- reps, but normally not being able to get past 25 (Chest day - Smith machine chest presses, Back day - wide-grip pull-ups, Leg/shoulder day - DB squat and shoulder press in one movement)

What are your thoughts for changing it up?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6282|Washington St.
don't mean to derail PV's help but I have one quick question. With my protein powder, those little balls of crap left over in the glass, are those protein or chunks of chocolate? I never can get them out and I'm wondering if it makes even the slightest difference.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6402|'Murka

PrivateVendetta wrote:

i thought a low resting bpm is just how big your heart is, not how fit it is?
Sure it might lead you to be able to do more than someone with a higher bpm, but it was always recovery afaik.
It's how efficient your cardiopulmonary system functions. That's why LA's heartrate is so slow, because his is so damn efficient.

Mine runs just under 50 at rest, which isn't too shabby.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England
Mines is definitely beating a little more than once a second, so it's not under 60

But it's not too far off, I'd say somewhere between 70-80...hmm, actually feels more like between 65-75.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-11-17 06:39:09)

Jaekus
+957|5169|Sydney
Just count your pulse over 15 seconds, multiply the pulses by four... I got 18x4=72.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK
mines 54, which is bad i think?
Jaekus
+957|5169|Sydney
Not necessarily. Read the rest of this page...
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6303

If you're in good physical shape that should be normal.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6662|UK
Resting BPM's

https://i55.tinypic.com/2z8avdy.jpg

Last edited by m3thod (2010-11-17 07:29:23)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6757|UK
haha, wrong image then method.
Jaekus
+957|5169|Sydney
I preferred the other tbh
ghettoperson
+1,943|6640

Mine seems to be pretty much exactly 60.
SonderKommando

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Right here we go.
Bear in mind I HAVE been seeing some increases in the weights but not so much in gaining mass and size, which were my main goals. I still get aches the next day some of the time, and especially when I up the weights.
Pretty much all exercises are 10 reps, increase, 8 reps, increase, 6 reps.

Chest and Biceps
DB flat press
DB flat fly
DB incline press
Cable curl with the machine
DB curl (Standing up, one arm at a time)

Legs and Shoulders
Leg press machine (recently changed to Smith machine Squats, as the gym in America doesn't have the leg press machine)
Lying leg curl
Thigh Extension
Calf Raise
Shoulder Press machine
DB lateral raise
DB shoulder shrug (straight up and down)

Back and Tri's
Deadlift (I know it's legs, but when I started it was working my lower back a lot more, now I have progressed it has started telling on my legs more than my back)
Seated Row
Lat pulldown (U Grip)
Reverse Flys
Tricep pushdown (cable machine)
Tricep extension (overhead)

Each workout is followed by about 10-15mins of abs work, of varying exercises. (leg raises, curl ups, bicycle crunches, incline leg raises etc.)
A few months ago I started adding a 4th routine if I had time, a size down from the '300 workout'. And recently have been adding a fatigue exercise at the end of each day, with the goal of 30- reps, but normally not being able to get past 25 (Chest day - Smith machine chest presses, Back day - wide-grip pull-ups, Leg/shoulder day - DB squat and shoulder press in one movement)

What are your thoughts for changing it up?
You should be doing at least three exercises per muscle group.  Consider adding exercises to your arms (tirs and Bis).  I see alot of DB work for chest day, dumbells are good but throw in some barbell benching as well.  You should also be doing incline work, its the best to build your upper chest. 

different types of deadlifts can be done for your legs and your back.  But regular deadlifts are really an all around exercise but really build that lower back.  Straight leg deads are more for building yoru hammies. 

You do not need to train abs everyday.  Cut that extra fifteen mintues out of your routine and add in another exercise were you may be missing some.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6182|Roma
Ok, I'll bear that in mind. I thought Zimmer recommended doing abs every time you workout though?
Any comments on reps? I need to change from 10-8-6 I think. Or should I just change most of the exercises and stay 10-8-6?
SonderKommando

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Ok, I'll bear that in mind. I thought Zimmer recommended doing abs every time you workout though?
Any comments on reps? I need to change from 10-8-6 I think. Or should I just change most of the exercises and stay 10-8-6?
Yeah, you can break away from pyramids for awhile.  If you just want to gain more size just hypertrophy train 8-12 reps for 3-4 sets with 3/4 exercises per body part. 

Training abs everyday would be like bench pressing everyday or doing arms everyday.. Its not necessary.  But Zimm and I disagree on a number of things.

If you train them everyday you have the risk of muscle imbalance and over training.  Especially if you are exhausting the muscles with each ab workout.  They are muscles just like the rest of them, they need rest to grow and develop.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6182|Roma

SonderKommando wrote:

Yeah, you can break away from pyramids for awhile.  If you just want to gain more size just hypertrophy train 8-12 reps for 3-4 sets with 3/4 exercises per body part.
So I pick a number between 8 and 12 reps for all the sets? Or I aim for 12, with min. of 8?
SonderKommando

PrivateVendetta wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

So I pick a number between 8 and 12 reps for all the sets? Or I aim for 12, with min. of 8?
I generally go for 12, but if you are fatigued by your last set and can only squeeze out its within the rep range.  take about 1.5-2min between sets.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard