Bevo
Nah
+718|6673|Austin, Texas
I find that this game is poor if you take it seriously

a friend and I ran around with ballistic knives and all the running perks, it's pretty funny

I also have a custom class named "douche" where I use concussion grenades, that sticky grenade, claymores, dual wield, last stand, etc.. fucking lolsy.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|6117|London, England

The game lagged for me when I had my cpu at stock (Q6700 2.66) but when I overclocked it to 3.0 doesnt lag at all anymore
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6717|Area 51

Camm wrote:

RDMC wrote:

You calling me a moran for something that I already know? For fuck sakes, of course it is not fucking network lag when my CPU is constantly hitting 100%.
you look like a Scandinavian boy-band member. your opinion is invalid
Y u hatin' bro?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
add my fucking pitcha to the beauty pageant

Last edited by RDMC (2010-11-15 09:30:32)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6438|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Bevo wrote:

a friend and I ran around with ballistic knives and all the running perks, it's pretty funny

I also have a custom class named "douche" where I use concussion grenades, that sticky grenade, claymores, dual wield, last stand, etc.. fucking lolsy.
I had one of those in COD4 with Two main rifles w/grenade launchers giving you twice the noob tube ammo ^^

And another during the free weekend of MW2 where I would akimbo glock18 like there was no tomorrow ^^
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6152|Vortex Ring State

Bevo wrote:

yeah I don't get why people can play it for 3 days straight and only stop to eat and sleep
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6621

I don't get how people can even play for more than 2-3 rounds in a row.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6843|Devon, England
Surely 'FPS Lag' isn't possible, as lag is where you 'lag' behind what's actually happening. You don't lag behind what your computer outputs, you just get it at a slower rate. Low FPS is probably what people mean, but I'm just being picky, I guess.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6623
i think 'lag' as a general term is used to describe any stutter in the gameplay

occasionally your computer/cod.exe can totally freeze (especially in black ops with the shit processor management), causing a 2-3 second lock-up

i suppose after the gameplay 'resumes' you could call that a form of 'lag'

Last edited by Uzique (2010-11-15 11:22:08)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FloppY_
­

FFLink wrote:

Surely 'FPS Lag' isn't possible, as lag is where you 'lag' behind what's actually happening. You don't lag behind what your computer outputs, you just get it at a slower rate. Low FPS is probably what people mean, but I'm just being picky, I guess.
I agree with you, but I have actually seen the other thing you describe happen

It was a somewhat common engine/performance-bug on some game I used to play, can't remember it now...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-11-15 11:35:02)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6924|PNW

iceman785 wrote:

BF3 will be the be-all end-all of FPS's.  Cannot fucking wait for that game.  And yes prone better be in it otherwise I'll go to DICE and light their goddamned HQ on fire.
Reiterated my sentiments perfectly.

NooBesT wrote:

Also BF3 will probably suck even more than BC2.
Echoed my fears perfectly.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6616|cuntshitlake

bf3 will be shit; bc2 re-made for more shittiness

heard it here first

Last edited by DUnlimited (2010-11-15 11:45:03)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6623

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

BF3 will be the be-all end-all of FPS's.  Cannot fucking wait for that game.  And yes prone better be in it otherwise I'll go to DICE and light their goddamned HQ on fire.
people thinking that game developers are gonna do a COMPLETE FUCKING U-TURN on the LAST 5 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT are batshit insane

the messianic preaching of 'bf3' sounds a lot like the fucking latter day saints preaching the 'end of days' or something

it's not going to happen. you don't have to be a genius to figure this out. the same team that produced bc2 aren't going to turn around and make a perfect game. they can't even get a server-browser working, let alone a decent engine, let alone a fucking good game on top of that. battlefield 3 is a bigger gaming myth than duke nukem: forever... and an even sadder one, too, because people are actually investing some currency of hope in it, instead of just laughing at the speculation.

bf3 will most definitely fail
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6924|PNW

We need more positive vibes...

BF3 will be good...
BF3 will be good...BF3 will be good...
BF3 will be good...BF3 will be good...BF3 will be good...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6623
jesus saves

jesus christ is our lord

jesus will return
Bevo
Nah
+718|6673|Austin, Texas
I'd settle for a less console-ized BC2.

But that's probably too much to ask for
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6623
i literally cannot play black ops for longer than 1-2 maps

it's just too fucking random. there's nothing to the shooting. see someone, kill someone. someone spawns, sees you first, kills you.

and the maps are far too shit for any serious S&D play.

another MW2 in terms of lifespan, im afraid

which is probably great news for most of you low-standard motherfuckers, anyway
FloppY_
­

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

We need more positive vibes...

BF3 will be good...
BF3 will be good...BF3 will be good...
BF3 will be good...BF3 will be good...BF3 will be good...
nope.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6807

Ice Cube is so goddamn annoying.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6621

Uzique wrote:

i literally cannot play black ops for longer than 1-2 maps

it's just too fucking random. there's nothing to the shooting. see someone, kill someone. someone spawns, sees you first, kills you.
This pretty much. Though demolition seems to have a bit better spawns on the bigger maps. And I'm still having stutters every 5 seconds.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6721|Mountains of NC

mtb0minime wrote:

Ice Cube is so goddamn annoying.
I don't get why every fking celeb thinks they can do voice overs
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6807

And I haven't even played single player yet, so I haven't had to suffer through Worthington's worthless attempt at an American accent.

For fuck's sake, there's a reason people specialize in voice acting. They may not have the face for tv or cinema, but they got the voice. Movie/tv actors are just there for looking pretty, not sounding like it.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6721|Mountains of NC

I don't get what the fk was the point in hiring all these celebs ........ bragging rights
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Trotskygrad
бля

Uzique wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

iceman785 wrote:

people thinking that game developers are gonna do a COMPLETE FUCKING U-TURN on the LAST 5 YEARS OF DEVELOPMENT are batshit insane

the messianic preaching of 'bf3' sounds a lot like the fucking latter day saints preaching the 'end of days' or something

it's not going to happen. you don't have to be a genius to figure this out. the same team that produced bc2 aren't going to turn around and make a perfect game. they can't even get a server-browser working, let alone a decent engine, let alone a fucking good game on top of that. battlefield 3 is a bigger gaming myth than duke nukem: forever... and an even sadder one, too, because people are actually investing some currency of hope in it, instead of just laughing at the speculation.

bf3 will most definitely fail
Ah but then if it does hopefully some other company will release a "spiritual successor" to the entire series to pick up all the games that have ragequitted BF.
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6501|Belfast
After spending the weekend playing it, I have come to the conclusion that it is much better than MW2, as if that's something that's comparable anyway. The SP story is interesting and weapons in MP have some sort of recoil on them, thank god. But still, the best way I can describe it is "It isn't good or bad".

However, am I the only one who thinks with game like Call of Duty, the FPS genre is going down the toilet in terms of quality.  Game developers are plowing out shit to average quality games because, especially in the console market, many consumers don't know any better (I'm looking at the 10 year olds who mostly populate Xbox Live and, to a lesser extent, PSN).

I believe that one game has the potential to save the fledgling genre.....

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Episode Three

Ok, maybe there will be a few games that may have the potential to so do in the future, but I think it will take a classic to revive the FPS genre.

Last edited by henno13 (2010-11-15 14:18:58)

Trotskygrad
бля
minecraft

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard