Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6478
Aside from the fact that what Sawyer said is completely true, and I've seen many people agreeing with either end of that statement on this board even, FO3 really did nothing better than NV.

The plot of the game is by the end just some generic good guys v. generic bad guys in a battle that everyone not affiliated with either group doesn't realize is happening, and Bethesda has never (and probably will never) make a game with decent decent combat. The conflict between the NCR and Legion is much more interesting than the "Brotherhood" and Enclave in 3, and that nearly every NPC in the world has an opinion on the conflict.

And FO3 had just bad gameplay, the shooting was done poorly, VATS was to powerful and you didn't need to put any thought into a build in order to make a character that is ridiculously overpowered by the end of the game. NV was the opposite, the shooting while still far from prefect at least mostly worked, VATS was only supposed to be used in specific times unless you had a build focused on increasing your strength in VATS, and the decrease in the available perks and skill points meant that you had to be smart when distributing them, and it is impossible to max out every skill, something not hard to do in 3.

And the statement that Obsidian should stay away from Fallout, they fucking invented the series. Back when Obsidian was still a generic dev. house in Interplay they made it. Then they became Black Ilse after Fallout's success. Then they made FO2 and couldn't finish the original Fallout 3 because Interplay had been making dumb decisions for years. NV seems to have much more of the original Fallout games in it, even though it has FO3's engine.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6449|Brisbane, Australia

Macbeth wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Mutantbear wrote:

you can only be a bad guy in New vegas
How? It's awful hard even if you steal every goddamn thing in sight. Killing ghouls and fiends nets you positive karma, and most quests reward you with positive karma as well unless your working for Caesar.
I think he's referring to the fact that you aren't really working towards a positive/negative goal (water purifier in FO3/poisoning the purifier) as much as just helping some asshole retain or get power.
Are you seriously saying FO3's story/ending was better? Ignoring the fact that NV is more grey than FO3s black and white enclave bad, wasteland people good thing, the end of FO3 has you dying for no reason for the good ending. Why not get the super mutant immune to radiation to do it? Nope, ~heroic sacrifice~ about as stupid as the fathers death earlier in the game.

lol at that Obsidian comment too. Strangelove knows whats up at least.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6587|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

FloppY_ wrote:

Miggle wrote:

floppy do you know what linear means?
This is the path you take EVERY TIME!
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7565/94647241.png
If you try another you will get your teeth kicked in unless you've somehow been grinding your way to level 30 in goodsprings...
Am i the only one that always fought his way going north of goodsprings everytime?...Okay, i'll admit ive got mauled 2-3 times by either too many cazadors or some deathclaw, but fuck i had fun!
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5975|London, England

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Are you seriously saying FO3's story was better?.
yes
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|6006|Belgium
I liked both in a different way, although NV seemed to have lots less ammo
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6358|Belfast

Hope_is_lost117 wrote:

I find that's the complete opposite. In FO3, I found that the was almost zero ammo, especially for the Hunting Rifle. 5.56mm rounds didn't last long, I never got more than 200. However in NV, there is a massive fuckton of ammo, I don't think I've ever run out, while in FO3, I ran out all of the time.
GR34
+215|6555|ALBERTA> CANADA
I cant find engery weapon ammo in nv where as is fallout 3 i had 2000 rounds by the time i met the BoS
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6296|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

henno13 wrote:

Hope_is_lost117 wrote:

I find that's the complete opposite. In FO3, I found that the was almost zero ammo, especially for the Hunting Rifle. 5.56mm rounds didn't last long, I never got more than 200. However in NV, there is a massive fuckton of ammo, I don't think I've ever run out, while in FO3, I ran out all of the time.
Which Fallout 3 did you play?

GR34 wrote:

I cant find engery weapon ammo in nv where as is fallout 3 i had 2000 rounds by the time i met the BoS
The amount of ammo in FO3 was pretty much a problem...

the problem beeing, there was so much of it they could aswell just had made it infinite instead of collectable...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-11-15 15:01:45)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6478

GR34 wrote:

Search in the Repcon HQ tons of MF packs laying around.

Also the Fiends carry energy weapons. You can buy the ammo at the Van Graffs', but it's much more expensive than it should be.
FloppY_
­

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

GR34 wrote:

Also the Fiends carry energy weapons. You can buy the ammo at the Van Graffs', but it's much more expensive than it should be.
If you are liked by the Brotherhood of Steel they give you free energy weapon ammo every day
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5798|Catherine Black
Finally gonna get to play this after spoiling every part of it by watching videos and reading this thread
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6478

FloppY_ wrote:

GR34 wrote:

If you are liked by the Brotherhood of Steel they give you free energy weapon ammo every day
Too bad that Spoiler (highlight to read):
don't last long if you are with House or the Legion. Also if you have Hardin in charge and are with the NCR.
FloppY_
­

FloppY_ wrote:

Too bad that Spoiler (highlight to read):
don't last long if you are with House or the Legion. Also if you have Hardin in charge and are with the NCR.
I don't understand... Who would want to side with Hardin? He is the most unlikeable character in gaming since Cloe from L4D2
Chou
+737|6801
I know the background of Urquhart, from Black Isle to Obsidian. Fuck him.
Tim Cain..
Facts aside because /careface.

Obsidian doesn't impress me with this game, innovative my ass producing a copycat jacked in a new skin on the same engine, same issues <- 2 years down the line, nothing's been fixed.. cheapskates.
Bethesda reinvented the wheel and broke the barrier with FO3 after 10 years and Obsidian was allowed to take a test drive with NV..?
Anyone could have made this game in the G.E.C.K., sucked cock at Bethsoft for a helping hand and made a laughing buck out of it.

That's where the disappointment kicks in!
2010 and what's next? Ditch the fucking Gamebryo! That outdated shit's not going to last on the next FO.
Get your fucking shit straight, Oblivion is dead!

Invest all your profits in a GDL for the CryEngine 3, claim GotY on release and gain millions of new fans.
Dress to impress, stop humping the old "authentic" look on that broken PoS engine!

I'm asking too much of these fucking morons.
FloppY_
­

Chou wrote:

Tim Cain..

Obsidian doesn't impress me with this game, innovative my ass producing a copycat jacked in a new skin on the same engine, same issues <- 2 years down the line, nothing's been fixed.. cheapskates.
Bethesda reinvented the wheel and broke the barrier with FO3 after 10 years and Obsidian was allowed to take a test drive with NV..?
Anyone could have made this game in the G.E.C.K., sucked cock at Bethsoft for a helping hand and made a laughing buck out of it.

2010 and what's next? Ditch the fucking Gamebryo! That outdated shit's not going to last on the next FO.

Invest all your profits in a GDL for the CryEngine 3, claim GotY on release and gain millions of new fans.
Dress to impress, stop humping the old "authentic" look on that broken PoS engine!

Or at the very least swap to an engine that has aged better... Like Unreal3

EDIT: And yeah, it's quite pathetic that some of the bugs from FO3 are still around... even some of those that were fixed in FO3 are back, and they brought their friends

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-11-15 18:04:12)

Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6752|FUCK UBISOFT

Chou wrote:

Tim Cain..

bethesda hardly reinvented the wheel with Fallout 3.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6479

Miggle wrote:

Chou wrote:

Tim Cain..

Well they sure made the wheel god damn boring with FO3.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
FloppY_
­

Miggle wrote:

Chou wrote:

Tim Cain..

What I think he meant to say in a less overstated way, was they changed the style from top-down - turn based, to First person - real time
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5823329/Screenshots/lol/hidenslut.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6695|United States of America
Brockway wrote something relevant!
6 Ways Fallout: New Vegas Made Me A Worse Person
jord
+2,382|6688|The North, beyond the wall.
This games needs 3 seperate autosaves that are staggered. There are just too many bugs and its too much to ask to manually save every half an hour.

I just lost 2 hours of side quest progress by getting stuck in that fucking remnants bunker. Sigh...

Beta test moar ta
FloppY_
­

jord wrote:

This games needs 3 seperate autosaves that are staggered. There are just too many bugs and its too much to ask to manually save every half an hour.

I just lost 2 hours of side quest progress by getting stuck in that fucking remnants bunker. Sigh...

Beta test moar ta
QFT

I think of this in every game that only has one autosave
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6752|FUCK UBISOFT

most bugs are fixable through console.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6478

Miggle wrote:

most bugs are fixable through console.
Or with the GECK, if you can find the part of the script that's broken.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
F5 to quick save.. oh wait.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard