Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
I guess the best option at this point is to just find some humor in the stupidity of people in general and laugh at them when all their plans to control people's personal decisions go awry.
Of course, anyone who disagrees is stupid.

Interesting that the most 'liberal' state and the one most flooded with cannabis has already gone awry?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5233|Cleveland, Ohio

Dilbert_X wrote:

Interesting that the most 'liberal' state and the one most flooded with cannabis has already gone awry?
and broke
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6401|North Carolina

Dilbert_X wrote:

I guess the best option at this point is to just find some humor in the stupidity of people in general and laugh at them when all their plans to control people's personal decisions go awry.
Of course, anyone who disagrees is stupid.
Hey, you said it, not me.

Dilbert_X wrote:

Well, it's not due to cannabis.  It's due to a terrible referendum system and illegal immigrants.

I'm not sure why you've always had this boner for telling people what substances they can and can't use.  That's not very "liberal" of you.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX

Turquoise wrote:

I'm not sure why you've always had this boner for telling people what substances they can and can't use.  That's not very "liberal" of you.
There are some substances the use of which is socially detrimental, seems the majority of 'liberal' Californians agree with me, so hard luck.
And I've never claimed to be liberal, liberals are often dim-witted and self-centred douchebags who want their personal freedoms at the expense of society as a whole, so hard luck again.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-11-07 15:30:53)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6702
It's not simply a matter of personal freedom when it affects people who choose not to smoke.  I've been in areas that are so filled with marijuana smoke that I started feeling sick.   Marijuana gets in the air and can affect other people.

Most of us can agree that drunk driving is a major problem.  Car accidents caused by drunk drivers are a major cause of death.  You want to legalize something that can affect you judgment and coordination for a month?  Think of all of the driving fatalities.

Over the long run, Marijuana has some really bad side effects.  Do you want to pay the hospital bills of 1000s of lifetime druggies who didn't take care of themselves?  What about all of the accidents they would get into?
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6702

Turquoise wrote:

One could argue that that is a liberal policy.  It depends on what definition of 'liberalism' one chooses.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

It's not simply a matter of personal freedom when it affects people who choose not to smoke.  I've been in areas that are so filled with marijuana smoke that I started feeling sick.   Marijuana gets in the air and can affect other people.

Most of us can agree that drunk driving is a major problem.  Car accidents caused by drunk drivers are a major cause of death.  You want to legalize something that can affect you judgment and coordination for a month?  Think of all of the driving fatalities.

Over the long run, Marijuana has some really bad side effects.  Do you want to pay the hospital bills of 1000s of lifetime druggies who didn't take care of themselves?  What about all of the accidents they would get into?
Funny, anti-smoking nazi's use the same arguments. Are you one of them too?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6692|NJ

JohnG@lt wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Drunk driving is the cause of 12,000 deaths, one third of all motor vehicular accidents last year. Way to not know the facts, but then again I"m sure you love wasting the money on dare and other retarded "truth" programs that don't work and keeping minor offensive people in jail. I don't understand how bankrupting a country for something you deem to have a negative effect on society is more beneficial.

Hospital bills? Really, we're talking about that. What about all the opiate addicts in this country which is way worse then pot, but it's fucking legal .
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

cpt.fass1 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Drunk driving is the cause of 12,000 deaths, one third of all motor vehicular accidents last year. Way to not know the facts, but then again I"m sure you love wasting the money on dare and other retarded "truth" programs that don't work and keeping minor offensive people in jail. I don't understand how bankrupting a country for something you deem to have a negative effect on society is more beneficial.

Hospital bills? Really, we're talking about that. What about all the opiate addicts in this country which is way worse then pot, but it's fucking legal .
I was responding to the first paragraph. The rest was just drivel and a hyperbolic attempt at painting everyone who smokes weed as a burnout waste of life.

How does keeping it illegal change anything? Gives you the opportunity to look down your nose at others? Weed isn't hard to find, even in states less liberal than California. It's not even prosecuted most of the time.

Still, it's funny to read the anti-drug arguments (since anti-drug laws have been as wonderfully ineffective as prohibition was) and I can't wait for the part where you all start quoting out of the bible.

Edit - Oops, you were agreeing with me. Point still stands, just direct it elsewhere

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-11-07 15:57:47)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
cpt.fass1
+329|6692|NJ
Yeah I know the accidental Quote was cause I was being lazy and didn't go up to quote him.

Yeah quoting out of the bible, and if anyone was doing cannabis or opium, it was probably Jesus.
jsnipy
+3,276|6518|...

I suppose like most places in the US the urban centers tend to be more liberal and rural areas more conservative.
cpt.fass1
+329|6692|NJ
I'm sick of hearing people fighting for our freedoms over seas to know that we have the most incarcerated in this country. That the biggest lobbyist in this country is the Prison Union. To watch cops, most of the time, just makes me sick to the stomach.

When you know that people are being locked up and their problems being added onto. Also there are allot of known drug users that have done more for society then any anti drug nut.
cpt.fass1
+329|6692|NJ

jsnipy wrote:

I suppose like most places in the US the urban centers tend to be more liberal and rural areas more conservative.
it's more so because of education and religious zoning in regions.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5695

cpt.fass1 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

care to explain?
cpt.fass1
+329|6692|NJ

13/f/taiwan wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

care to explain?
Better education systems are provided in places where there is money. So you'll find a better education base in more populated area's(talking more about suburban area's.) There should be more money spent in inner city schools and the rural area's should be based more on facts then on religious beliefs. Alabama and a few other states actually offer Intelligent Design instead of Evolution. 

Modern Day Conservatives tend to base there platform off of religious views and that they don't want the government to take your money and that every one in America if they put their head down will be rich. Basically Conservatives base themselves on the American "Dream" so they get the less educated vote.
jsnipy
+3,276|6518|...

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Basically Conservatives base themselves on the American "Dream" so they get the less educated vote.
We should probably have a mandatory educational course prior to granting the right to vote. Then we can finally eliminate the party system since then we will not have any major debate over the larger issues; thus a single party.
cpt.fass1
+329|6692|NJ

jsnipy wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Basically Conservatives base themselves on the American "Dream" so they get the less educated vote.
We should probably have a mandatory educational course prior to granting the right to vote.
Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's right.

More so, we need to have mandatory educational courses prior to running for a public office.

actually honestly I'd love to have courses about the candidates before elections. Instead of just listing to the smear campaigns on TV and the radio. I want to vote for whose best not for the least worst one.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

cpt.fass1 wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

cpt.fass1 wrote:

We should probably have a mandatory educational course prior to granting the right to vote.
Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's right.

More so, we need to have mandatory educational courses prior to running for a public office.

actually honestly I'd love to have courses about the candidates before elections. Instead of just listing to the smear campaigns on TV and the radio. I want to vote for whose best not for the least worst one.
Courses are available free of charge. They're hosted by Google.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Btw, I love that it's always people that vote liberal that assume the other side is a bunch of retards. Look at the voting demographics, far more people who vote (D) would fail such a test.
-Frederick Bastiat
jsnipy
+3,276|6518|...

JohnG@lt wrote:

Btw, I love that it's always people that vote liberal that assume the other side is a bunch of retards. Look at the voting demographics, far more people who vote (D) would fail such a test.
Tom Joyner tells me who I should vote for, saves me the effort.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

jsnipy wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Tom Joyner tells me who I should vote for, saves me the effort.
I have no idea who that is.
-Frederick Bastiat
cpt.fass1
+329|6692|NJ

JohnG@lt wrote:

Well I think that we see eye to eye on the less government thing. But right now we're being billed for a large government and it's taking over the private sector. We as a country aren't heading in the right direction and we need a real Leader. Someone who doesn't give a shit about party lines and would be able to cut staff and salaries in whitehouse.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6464
If you cut the salaries of the White House staff to much than the most competent people might not be as interested in the position.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

cpt.fass1 wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Well I think that we see eye to eye on the less government thing. But right now we're being billed for a large government and it's taking over the private sector. We as a country aren't heading in the right direction and we need a real Leader. Someone who doesn't give a shit about party lines and would be able to cut staff and salaries in whitehouse.
Well then we elected the wrong person didn't we? The current POTUS wants to be FDR with the massive expansion of government that goes with that.
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6401|North Carolina

Dilbert_X wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

There are some substances the use of which is socially detrimental, seems the majority of 'liberal' Californians agree with me, so hard luck.
And I've never claimed to be liberal, liberals are often dim-witted and self-centred douchebags who want their personal freedoms at the expense of society as a whole, so hard luck again.
...and people call me authoritarian.

Do you support an internet filter too?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard