-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

Mekstizzle wrote:

They have been recommended by various websites and all the reviews and stuff seem to be good for them, they're cheap, but I'm just trying it out anyway. No point splashing out on the premium stuff just yet.

Yeah, I don't think going for super duper PLATINUM HYDRO WHEY is ideal, maybe afterwards...that's some daunting shit right there.

But it's good to know what the good brands are and shit
I would start with the good stuff, cheap stuff is just that, cheap. It wont mix well, flavor will be terrible, and you won't get results, meaning your wasting the little you spend. Its not like you have to be a competition body builder to use good protein, its like saying since your new, you shouldn't have to worry about eating well, and should just get some cheap McDonalds.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
I think people are writing it off without even bothering to read up about peoples opinions and reviews of their products, it's easy to get sucked into the best most popular brand that's won all the awards and then ignore everything else, it doesn't have to work that way.

But they're selling that ''Optimum Nutrition 100% gold'' for decent prices, between 20-30 quid, so it's not expensive I guess.

I just need to buy that JML Iron Gym and a kilo of Whey and see what happens. I've become comfortable with my variations of crunches/press ups but it's not really getting me anywhere or at the very least progress is slowing down rapidly...
Home
Section.80
+447|6817|Seattle, Washington, USA

Not only that, another thing you need to remember when buying supplements like this is quality in terms of ingredients and unwanted ingredients. Remember that report that came out a little while ago where they found out common brands like Muscle Milk had like 3x the acceptable amount of lead and arsenic? Brands like Optimum Nutrition are ones you can trust. They own the entire process so even the ingredients and production are verified by them, and I believe it's all made in the USA. Not to say that there couldn't be sketchy stuff in there too, but you are at least reducing the chances.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD
Lead and arsenic?!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
heavy metal bro, gotta get pumped!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Lead and arsenic?!
sweet
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Wow, great Back, Bicep, and Forearm day, every exercise up in weight and reps. Days like that make up for the shit day I had yesterday, feels great.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD

Nic wrote:

Wow, great Back, Bicep, and Forearm day, every exercise up in weight and reps. Days like that make up for the shit day I had yesterday, feels great.
Congrats on the gains, Nic!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6641|UK
this happy chappy thing you've got going on is creepy.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
it's meant to be some form of genius, witty meta-trolling, no doubt

i can't take anything he says seriously since seeing that picture of him as a little awkward dumpling

was too cute
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

Jebus wrote:

I'm not very experienced with that much workout a week (I stick around 3-4 max) so you should ask Sonder or Zimmer how they fit it in their 6 days. Basic idea is to work a larger muscle group (back, chest, legs) combined with a smaller muscle group (shoulders, biceps, triceps) and hit them once or even twice a week, hard.

About the drinking. Bodybuilding is a lifestyle. I'm not saying you should never be drinking alcohol again, but working out is so much more than just training. It's trying to perfect your diet, training, resting period,.. every single time. I see it as a quest to improve myself on so many different levels (not only appearance, but also confidence and other small things in life. On so many occasions I have considered myself to be more successful than others, just because of bodybuilding and the lifestyle changes it's brought. And I haven't been doing it for that long either. ) Remember that you shouldn't be cutting all pleasant things out of your life, but realize that getting wasted every weekend is really going to affect your gains. It just takes a mindset. I can go out with my friends, have an awesome time and only drink 2 beers a night, or even none! It's up to you to decide, it's worth the thought
Thanks man. And yes, I am cutting the drinking out. For example, I went and saw Pendulum the other night, my other mates were getting drunk, everyone around me was wasted and I had 3 beers the whole night and danced my arse off! I'm definitely taking this seriously and cutting the alcohol out of my life. Just this time of year is making things a little tricky (birthdays, xmas etc) but I am making a conscious effort. Last weekend I went to a mate's place and had a couple beers and drove home after a few hours. Normally I'd drink a lot more than that, and was invited to stay and drink and crash on the couch but yeah, I need to take this seriously.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Zimmer wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

At the moment I'm about 85kg and 180cm (187lbs, 5'10"). I'd make a really rough guess at maybe 18-20% bodyfat (found a simple test online but I don't have a tape measure, could be more for all I know).

I'd prefer to do the 6 days a week. Partly so I speed up my metabolism and partly to keep me in a routine. I did miss today because I was really hungover (mate's birthday last night). So today is my rest day and tomorrow can be the start of the next week.

So yeah, one I lose the bodyfat I might stop doing the cardio and just focus solely on the weights.

Would you have any suggestions on how I should be splitting up the workout?
Do a 3 and 2 day split with 2 days rest.

Monday, Tuesday
Break
Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Break

Don't exceed. That should be good enough.
Thanks. And does it matter which muscle groups I focus on  for each day? eg, should I do my larger muscle groups one day and the smaller ones another?

I'm looking to do these exercises, not all in the same day though:

Chest
Flat dumbbell press
Flat Flies

Shoulders
Seated Shoulder Press
Lateral Raises
Reverse Flies
Front Raises

Back
Dead Lifts
Single Arm Row
Lying Bent Over Rows

Traps
Upright Rows
Shrugs

Biceps
Hammer Curls
Concentration Curls

Triceps
Overhead Triceps Extensions
French Presses
Triceps Kickbacks

Legs
Half Squats
Lunges

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-11-07 01:41:29)

PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
From my limited experience, do something like Back + Triceps, Chest + Biceps, Legs + Shoulders or something similar
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

PrivateVendetta wrote:

From my limited experience, do something like Back + Triceps, Chest + Biceps, Legs + Shoulders or something similar
I've got my days set up like this
1: Chest and triceps
2: Back, Bicep, and forearms
3: Shoulders and deltoids
4: Legs and abs

Working well so far, would rather do a 5 day routine, but I am only able to go 3 days a week, so 4 it is.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6779|Marathon, Florida Keys
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Isn't he one of them dudes that needs someone else to wipe his ass for him, that's retarded. I will do that shit where I convince myself its light weight I'm lifting though, mental confidence helps a hell of a lot, I just keep it to myself instead of announcing it to everybody.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I think my goals as far as working out are a little different to his, lol.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Thinking of cutting back on a few of those exercises, at least for the moment. So my workout will look like this:

Warmup (bike 5 mins)
Stretches

Ab exercises; the plank

Still not sure what days to put these on, would really appreciate some advice, eg. chest + arms + legs, shoulders + traps + back.

Chest
Flat dumbbell press
Flat Flies

Shoulders
Seated Shoulder Press
Lateral Raises
Reverse Flies
Front Raises

Back
Dead Lifts
Single Arm Row

Traps
Upright Rows

Biceps
Hammer Curls

Triceps
Overhead Triceps Extensions
Triceps Kickbacks

Legs
Half Squats
Lunges
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
i walked a half mile to the bar, then a half mile back to the light rail
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

I have trapped nerves in my shoulder. They're so bad I can't sleep at night. It looks like I'm gonna need surgery.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium

Zimmer wrote:

I have trapped nerves in my shoulder. They're so bad I can't sleep at night. It looks like I'm gonna need surgery.
Aw man, sucks. How did that happen? Or is it some old injury?

@.:ronin:.|Patton, I love that video, cracks me up every time.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

Zimmer wrote:

Shitty buzz, I need some shoulder surgery again myself.
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6565|Toronto-Canada
do you walk around the change room fully naked?

i saw this guy today who was without a bit embarrassment walking completely naked!
i dont know but a small towel wouldn't be such a bad idea
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
I've seen guys do it, personally I wouldn't, I'd wear a towel to the (communal) showers then go skimpy, then towel back to lockers.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
yeahhh buddy

hahahaha

that guy is going to die young

if the steroids don't get him then clearly all that crack will

he acts like he's tweakin 24/7

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard