Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Ty wrote:

And this from a guy who's user title reads "Confused Pothead".
Meh - with the lungs, it's doesn't cause the big stuff (emphysema and lung cancer).

With mental illness it doesn't seem causative, I know lots of people who've smoked lots of weed. Most are fine. I would say around 2% have had their mental health negatively impacted. It's a risk, not something that happens to everyone who smokes weed.

I like to know what the risks are if I choose to take any sort of drug. I don't want to jump into any of these things blind.

The biggest impact it has on me is that if I smoke too much, too frequently, I have very little motivation to actually do anything - that's the biggest danger of smoking weed.

I used to take lots of drugs, which fucked me up far more than smoking weed ever would. MDMA, perhaps not so much - but no one only takes MDMA, so the comparison with smoking weed is not entirely valid. Everyone who takes MDMA takes pills, speed, K, sometimes acid, sometimes coke - though they may favour one of those over the others. With weed that is not the case.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Uzique wrote:

i can't say i've done any drug that has EVER got me to another reality, where im so twisted. and i've done strong acid several times, which is considered the most mind-altering substance. the most i've had is bemusing visual patterning and vivid sensations. it's all bullshit.
It's not considered the most mind-altering substance. Things like K and PCP are far more psychoactive.

Have you ever done a gram line of K?

Have you ever had a sip from a bottle of acid (none of this pipette drop bullshit)?

Ever tried DMT?

It's not all bullshit.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
stupid fucking post

herf derf i've done more drugs than you and they were stronger

i fucked with ket for a few months... didn't you say you ruined your entire younger life with it?

congrats, you can keep your dirty sket qualification

Last edited by Uzique (2010-11-05 04:45:48)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Uzique wrote:

stupid fucking post

herf derf i've done more drugs than you and they were stronger

i fucked with ket for a few months... didn't you say you ruined your entire younger life with it?

congrats, you can keep your dirty sket qualification
I'm pointing out that your assertion that drugs can't have those sort of effects on you is plain wrong. In response to your "I've done strong acid and let me tell you...." post, which is coming from exactly the same perspective. Can you say hypocrisy?

I think ruined my life would be a huge exageration. I set my career development back several years, but I had a lot of fun in the process. I have fond memories of living in the mansion we squatted in Blackheath and going to free parties every week. Great fun, am glad I did it - but am also glad I'm not doing it anymore.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2010-11-05 04:55:32)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique wrote:

take drugs 'recreationally' every few months or so, sure.... get blazed off your face everyday, i wouldn't recommend it

whether you want to admit it or not, getting high every day ruins your head
Occasional use isn't so safe, especially for people with the markers for schizophrenia.

Doesn't other drug use add up and affect baseline serotonin levels?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique wrote:

take drugs 'recreationally' every few months or so, sure.... get blazed off your face everyday, i wouldn't recommend it

Occasional use isn't so safe, especially for people with the markers for schizophrenia.

Not weed, but many other drugs can lead to serotonin syndrome - which at worst can kill you.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'm talking about long-term serotonin depletion.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6445|The Twilight Zone
I stopped doing it a few weeks ago when a friend rolled one and my heart started pumping like guidos in a club. Couldn't slow it down, had to go out of the house for some fresh air. That has never happened to me when doing drugs.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Dilbert_X wrote:

I'm talking about long-term serotonin depletion.
Caused by what?

Just eat a bananna. Serotonin levels don't just deplete, they go back up based on diet and lifestyle.

Cumulative overdose can lead to serotonin syndrome though.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
As I understand it long term MDMA use can cause serotonin depletion.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6573|SE London

Dilbert_X wrote:

As I understand it long term MDMA use can cause serotonin depletion.
As I understand it, the only real research into this has been done into anti depressants which also target serotonin production and that the studies show that use by children can have exactly the effects you describe as their baseline levels don't get set correctly during puberty.

Other than that, I've seen no evidence to support your suggestion.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2010-11-05 05:17:26)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6451|UK
Why you guys have to ruin a fun thread waving your dicks about? Too much of anything can be bad for you. You wouldn't get drunk everyday for a prolonged period so why should you get high all the time. Course the shits bad sure is fun though!
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.

wah1188 wrote:

Why you guys have to ruin a fun thread waving your dicks about? Too much of anything can be bad for you. You wouldn't get drunk everyday for a prolonged period so why should you get high all the time. Course the shits bad sure is fun though!
It isn't really ruined, it'll be back to casual chatter in a week or so...
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|6393|dm_maidenhead

jord wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

It isn't really ruined, it'll be back to casual chatter in a week or so...
smoke weed everyday
thread should be reserved for smokers only
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5228|Cleveland, Ohio

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

thread should be reserved for smokers only
and the what does bf2s look like should be reserved for people who have pics
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique wrote:

i suffered from seratonin syndrome for about 2 months and had to be on medication for it

BUT that was far more than 'occasional use'. you're confusing the time-scales and the extremity.

if you're shooting 10g's+ of crap up your nose every week, spending 48+ hours off your face... it adds up. you run out.

having a high on a few lines of MDMA every month or two won't do the same

the brain recovers faster than that, and besides all these drugs have much lower half-lives/reuptake than you think

when i say you can't take any drug without a mental effect, i mean in the sense that your brain chemistry, mood, feelings etc. will be off balance for a few days, possibly even a few weeks depending on the extremity of the dose/experience. but that's nothing kept to these awful illegal drugs... people often cannot concentrate or feel glum after an alcohol session. again, it's just a case of respecting your brain as an organic thing, set in a delicately balanced chemical soup. do everything responsibly and respectfully, and you'll be fine.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Brain chemistry can become permantly unbalanced can it not?
It happens often enough without the input of drugs, why do you assume drug use can't have an impact?
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5779|Catherine Black
I had a toke or ten on wednesday.

Was very drunk at the time. Just felt like I wanted to sit there and not bother saying anything and especially not move.

Felt weird man. Would like to do it again sober to rule out what I felt from being drunk, and what I felt from being very tired.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

Dilbert_X wrote:

Brain chemistry can become permantly unbalanced can it not?
It happens often enough without the input of drugs, why do you assume drug use can't have an impact?
it's kind of like a scales... you can artificially keep a balance long enough to regain 'stability'/'stock', and then you're okay

given enough pressure from any influence (drugs, life circumstances, personal problems, stress etc.) i'd say a person can become unbalanced

getting rebalanced is the important and responsible thing to do. drugs aren't the devil in that respect. anyone can come unstuck, somehow.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6711|Scotland
Everything in moderation is my 2c on the issue. Heck I did a shitload of drugs when I was at uni (I was 17/18 and thought I was the boss) and it fucked me up, as you can imagine. Lost my chance at a degree thanks to it, lesson learned.

People will take what they want to take at the end of the day. This whole "drugs policy" that is going on is going to crumble at some stage. I'm not being an advocate for drugs are cool and all that, but I do smoke weed when I get the chance (like once a month) and it's a therapeutic drug. It makes me just let go of the world for a while without losing my dignity and control of my thoughts/emotions.

It's nice to know that other people have done probably a load more drugs than I have, and come through mostly the better for it. It's all about knowing what it does to your body, fuck the legality; that doesn't mean shit. What I do get annoyed with, is people that look down on "alternative" drugs [aka illegal zomg] and make a judgment because someone is being honest about what they do. Makes me sad.

While I can't say weed has helped me in any academic way, neither has alcohol. People need to chill out a lot more.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
people that bring up my (open and comfortable) previous drug use on here as if its a weapon, whilst posting about how fucked they are after 6 cans of keystone every other night... make me lol. legality really doesn't mean shit. at least with people like dilbert, their scepticism and criticisms are semi-valid... i mean on the personal level; i don't imagine dilbert being the sort that is reckless with any legal substance, either. but the people that arbitrarily hold drug-use against you and consider themselves somehow socially, morally and healthily 'above' you... fools, damn fools.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6623

smoke a bleazy
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5693|College Park, MD

Uzique wrote:

people that bring up my (open and comfortable) previous drug use on here as if its a weapon, whilst posting about how fucked they are after 6 cans of keystone every other night... make me lol. legality really doesn't mean shit. at least with people like dilbert, their scepticism and criticisms are semi-valid... i mean on the personal level; i don't imagine dilbert being the sort that is reckless with any legal substance, either. but the people that arbitrarily hold drug-use against you and consider themselves somehow socially, morally and healthily 'above' you... fools, damn fools.
Whatever makes you happy I say!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique wrote:

Maybe so, but you need to be careful in what you promote.

While you may have access to lab pure MDMA the average numbnut probably won't, even then there's no way you can say recreational use is perfectly safe until you're 10-20 years down the track.

Lab pure THC has big fat risk factors for schizophrenia, and everyone thought LSD was safe at the time...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard