Delphy
+45|6581|Bristol, UK
I think Quake Wars looks better. I may have to switch series i'm afraid...
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6654|San Francisco, CA

Delphy wrote:

I think Quake Wars looks better. I may have to switch series i'm afraid...
keep in mind, neither of the games have been released. So don't judge a book by its cover. Keep an open mind. Until an MP demo is released, Q:ET and 2142 are still mind-boggle for me.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6652|Brisbane, Australia

Oh yeah, I forgot that multiplayer demos were an option!
exepti0n
+1|6623|Netherlands
Funny nobody mentions this game is almost based on C&C:Tiberian Sun.

Looks like EA is going to release the C&C games into a FPS.
First BF2, looking like Generals and now BF2142.
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6654|San Francisco, CA
well we still have yet to play it. gameplay videos can make something look cool. doesn't mean it'll auctually PLAY as cool as the gameplay video showcases. Q:ET has released gameplay video's too, still doesn't mean it'll be that cool. because you have to remember the whole damn movie is most likely scripted..just like the bf2 intros (NO WAI!)
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6652|Brisbane, Australia

I think Ill mod my Bf2 to have that movie as the intro!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
looks good to me, hope EA has learned a lesson about bugs
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6834
I am so pumped to see dolphin diving tanks.  My nipples are hard, no joke.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6834

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Burning_Monkey wrote:

I am so pumped to see dolphin diving tanks.  My nipples are hard, no joke.
LOL this game is for noobs.
Yeah, but I still wanna see dolphin diving tanks.  I am kind of wanting to see this game, in all reality.
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6770|Hamburg, Germany
taken from gamedspott
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battl … id=6149123

....the new Titan mode promises a new way of enjoying Battlefield. Titan mode gets rid of all the objectives and tickets. Instead, each team has a Titan, sort of a floating aircraft carrier that was originally designed to move large numbers of people and goods away from the ice. The Titans were militarized, and these floating platforms are now piloted by each team's commander. They're armed with various weapons, but, more importantly, they serve as a spawn point for infantry and vehicles. To win Titan mode, your team has to destroy the other team's Titan while protecting its own. This won't be easy, though, as the Titan can move around. To destroy it, your team has to assault it by having the infantry board it via pods and then battle inside the corridors of the Titan, destroying various security checkpoints. Once the checkpoints are cleared, you gain access to the nuclear reactor powering the Titan and plant explosives on it. It sounds simple, but from what we've seen, it looks to be pretty crazy, just like Battlefield should be.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6834

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

OH I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO A GAME WITH 2005 GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY TO HAVE IN 2007!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

EA sucks on rotten ketchup bottles of sterile monkey piss.
Yeah, but they pay me a lot of money for those bottles.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6661|NT, like Mick Dundee

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

How are you supposed to kill one as a lowly infantry?
The answer is simple... You don't. Go do some reading on this game, from what they have said so far....

Grunts are given EMP grenades to disable those and other vehicles for 5-10 seconds so you can sort it out (C4 anybody? Here is hoping that this game has it...).

The customisable stuff looks good... In relation to the kits, BF1942 only had 5....
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
TC><Injecter
+4|6824|Berlin, Germany
What exactly is the TITAN mode now ?! I can just see fighting ?!
Aruba-Prime
[Expert Smoke Grenade]
+44|6770|Hamburg, Germany

TC><Injecter wrote:

äh read my post
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6767|Atlanta, GA USA
Okay, to you guys who can't view the video:  RAR is a compressed file like ZIP.  Download WinRAR to uncompress it.  There are a number of files in the RAR; one of them is the video.  Hope this helps.
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6767|Atlanta, GA USA

Aruba-Prime wrote:

taken from gamedspott
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/battl … id=6149123

....the new Titan mode promises a new way of enjoying Battlefield. Titan mode gets rid of all the objectives and tickets. Instead, each team has a Titan, sort of a floating aircraft carrier that was originally designed to move large numbers of people and goods away from the ice. The Titans were militarized, and these floating platforms are now piloted by each team's commander. They're armed with various weapons, but, more importantly, they serve as a spawn point for infantry and vehicles. To win Titan mode, your team has to destroy the other team's Titan while protecting its own. This won't be easy, though, as the Titan can move around. To destroy it, your team has to assault it by having the infantry board it via pods and then battle inside the corridors of the Titan, destroying various security checkpoints. Once the checkpoints are cleared, you gain access to the nuclear reactor powering the Titan and plant explosives on it. It sounds simple, but from what we've seen, it looks to be pretty crazy, just like Battlefield should be.
That sounds pretty damn cool.
TC><Injecter
+4|6824|Berlin, Germany

Aruba-Prime wrote:

TC><Injecter wrote:

äh read my post
Ah thx... I just quickliy looked at the Thread... Saw the post above and under yours... But not yours Damnit.. Thx anyway..

@Topic: Hm... That sounds quite cool... Looking forward to it (hope they put that in a demo).
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6758

Papa Smurf 314 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

I know man, I don't get it either.  Why not make BF3 an Invasion of Iran, or Iraq, or Afghanistan or those damn Canadians ?  I think some type of modern combat that we all can relate to in some way would be very popular.  I wish all the people who made mods would get together and make a video game.
Whoever sent this to me..."I'm Canadian, and proud. " ..... If you think I was serious, think again.
LMAO, did you get -Karma'd for that?
Yep.  Which does not bother me except this person thought I was serious about Canada.    eh.
MrPredictable
+14|6682
Each class in bf 2142 will have two parts. For example, recon class will have sniper and spec ops while anti-vechile class will have anti-air and anti-ground
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6748
I will get this game anyway. Does not matter will it be "perfect" or not. I will buy it just to try it out and because it is the next game in Battlefield series.
    Btw. Yea cool movie, thanks for posting.

Dr.B
blacksheepcannibal
+24|6748
Well, on the good side of things, they are bringing back the infantry anti-air class. No more whining about air power being too strong. MANPADS ftw.

Well, on the crappy side of things, there goes my fun flying, there is no way you will get anywhere with 15 mobile SAM sites sitting on peoples shoulders every game. but at least nobody will be complaining about aircraft being too strong.

And "oh noes mechs how do i kill it" - well i would say air support, but that will be non existant with all the MANPADS running amok.

"how unoriginal of BF series, mechs?" - and like fighting with tanks and attack helicopters against the middle east coalition is *really* an original idea.

"oh noes its like star wars and sci fi and sci fi is ebil and i wanna kill MEC! only again! in the past!" - Dude, there is no pleasing anybody. If they made BF3 set in the near future, everybody would be all like "noes! its just like the game i have now! lame!"...and thats just the people that wouldnt be complaining about DICE never fixing anything right, or about this being unbalanced, or that being too uber, etc etc. EA/DICE can do nothing right in some peoples eyes.

Quake Wars:
- no permanent ranking system: you "rank up" thru a series of 3 maps. then at the end of your 3 maps, you get totally reset.

- no commander: instead there is a commander "bot" that gives each squad "suggestions". *lame*.

- infantry ftw: infantry can blow off parts from vehicles. while that sounds cool, think about this: any dweeb with a grenade launcher can render your APC or Armor useless. Forget AT class, why not just run around with a GL all day?

Titan mode looks like it could be freaking awesome. Kinda like Iron Gator + BF1942 movable carriers + Operation Clean Sweep + Mashtuur City. Close infantry fighting, large scale vehicle fighting, all together with huge almost invicible gun platforms? could be interesting.
Tunacommy
+56|6616|Massachusetts, USA
too many ways for the standard infantry to die....if you don't fly, and you are unlucky enough to not get into some kind of machinery....you are doomed to get fried by a laser or some giant flying city....not real enough to keep me interested - just like Halo wasn't.....what happened to bullets and infantry?!?!?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard