=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6756
Im not going to whore my badge. Its not worth it. I rather sit back and wait untill the right time to get it. Like I said earlier I whored ranks when I first started and then quit. Theres no honor in it.
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6837|Seattle
And then have someone shoot the vod to get constant team vehicle damage...

Seriously, I hope everyone realizes that is stat-padding.
[AK101]
Banned
+15|6719
It's only statpadding if some retarded noob with no skill takes a SS because you're beating him by slowly repairing a vehicle.
=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6756
I dont care if someone statpads a badge or not. Thats there doing. Im not going to judge you if thats what you do. Ok who cares? Theres really notthing anyone can do about it. Alot of players stat pad. But I just want the damn badge and I just wanted to know yalls suggestions. Im not here to judge anyone.
=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6756
But i will say this. I hate the noob ass fucks that base rape when there are still flags to be caped. I dont see anything wrong with BR when one team has ALL the flags.
[AK101]
Banned
+15|6719
You better statpad for your badge or I will hunt you down and TK you.
Seaneroo
+12|6810
I got both basic and veteran in the same round of Operation Clean Sweep, on the MEC side.  I just hung around the arty.  Some pilot kept bombing it, I kept repairing it.  Took a few bombs up the wazoo, as well, but that's the price you pay.

Last edited by Seaneroo (2006-05-07 15:07:08)

=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6756
i dont stat I kill for my badges. I sucked at tank. Now Im the best in my clan. Due to the fact of my badges. NOW I did whore the hell out to the med kits when going for the heal badge. I threw down all the heal packs I could. To get it. I dont see the point of reporting someone for stat padding. I wont ever see em. And if I do I wont remember or care.

Thats wat I do. I stick around the commander stuff and wait to it get destroyed. then I repair it.

Last edited by =DHG=ArkAng37 (2006-05-07 15:07:13)

YoBabysDaddy
+31|6976|St. Louis, MO
Repair from inside armor or vehicles.On foot takes to long and leaves you exposed.Hanging around the command assets if their under constant attack works well too.

Getting 25 repair points takes some time.A 300 ticket map would be a good idea also.

Last edited by YoBabysDaddy (2006-05-07 15:28:51)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6917|Dallas
Join a 16 man server playing 64 man Karkand at about 1 in the morning.  Get some friends in the tanks and you be an engineer.

The rounds last so long that by the time it is over you will have it.
IRONxWyvern
+14|6993|Atlanta, GA

[AK101] wrote:

You better statpad for your badge or I will hunt you down and TK you.
Really AK what is your problem?  Go troll someplace else!
DrM
+33|6773
Getting the Vet badge should not be too hard.
It may take some time and good luck but not all that tricky.
Expert is another whole thing all together, I have never even got close to 25 repair points!

But advice for the Vet badge is as follows.

There are three important factors,
1. Lots of things to repair.
2. Enough time for them to be damaged and repaired again.
3. Getting the points.

1. Any map where there is a constant attack on commad assets will provide enough potential points for you, or you need an armour heavy map. I would suggest Songhua above all other maps for the following reasons, there are no jets or attack choppers and plenty of armour.

2. 64 player maps with 20 or less people on them are the places for long rounds. 02:00 is a good time to find servers like this! Note that if you are playing a head-on game rather than an assault you will want the flags to be as even as possible so that your time is not wasted by ticket bleed.

3.1. If you are planning to get the repair points on commad assets then there are a few tricks to help you. Get a DVP or FAV to sit in [never use armour or AA], while the repair is not as quick it is possible to repair multiple assets and the repair aura never runs out like your wrench can. The transport will give you other advantages, these include an escape option if you get in a fire fight you cant win, and once you repair everything and are waiting for them to be blown up you can drive off to a nearby tree to hide [note if you stay in the drivers seat enemy jets will be able to lock onto you, if get out of the vehicle the enemy will see the empty vehicle on the map, if you take position 2 you should not have either of these issues]. One last point on repairing command assets, the supply create is your enemy! With luck the commander will not drop them if you're around but some commanders will drop them anyway as you can only do one thing at a time and then need that scan and UAV now! If he does you can crush them with your jeep or blow them up with a grenade. If in a jeep you can drive up to an asset and wait until it is not destroyed then move on so all the assets are up, then go round and get the points. If an asset has 1% or 100% make no difference to how it works and that is all the commander cares about

3.2. If you want to try the armour option on Songhua you will need some help. You said that you were in a clan, now is the time to call in the troops. You should only need two other people [a third as the commander never hurns!]. Get everyone to go as engineer, get in those APC's and stick together. 3 APC engineers can take a huge beating and get though it if you stick together. If one of you gets blown up try to respawn at the location where the APC spawns, or anywhere that the is currently an empty APC, when you are all back in APC's get back together!
I know I've said it a load of times but on your own a single AT troop can ruin your day, together you should flying though enemy! You whole post was not about winning rounds but getting repair points, and you only get those by sticking together!

I hope this help you out.

DrM

Last edited by DrM (2006-05-07 16:19:24)

=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6756
I already have the vet im going for the expert repair. Im going to still try for it. Plus it will help me out on the meritiouris metal (srry for the misspell)
=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6756
I got it! Woot! I was playing a 24 7 wake island map with 16 people on a 64 man server. I was china and the US kept blowing up our arty, UAV and the scan. It was a looooong round.
Kkookie
Don't Flame
+20|6896|St. Paul, MN
I found repairing commander equipment to be the easiest way. A point for every repaired asset adds up. It gets even easier if a person keeps coming back over and over to blow it up. Play as an SAS engineer on Warlord and just hang around the main base.
DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6779|Los Angeles, California, US.
Wake Island. USS Essex, About 2 Repair Points Per Repair. EASY When You have Jets blowing it up every 2 Minutes. I made 17.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6962|Nårvei

Read this, best engineer-post ever - and yes, i wrote it :-)

http://wiki.bf2s.com/classes/battlefield-2/engineer
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6846|Howell, Mi USA

[AK101] wrote:

Get a transport car and drive into the water. Get in the back seat and repair it. If you're in a slow game you'll get 25 repairs probably. Upside down boats work, too, but they're harder to use because they die faster than you can repair.
No wonder your banned.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
-=DRACO-Krusty
Deranged Klown
+21|6995|TX
Warlord.  someone is always trying to blow up assets there.  get on a 64 player map with only 16-20 people.  10+ is easy.  20+ not uncommon.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6962|Nårvei

Got expert repair and 29 points last friday, warlord is a wonderful map :-)
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
eagleray69
gone, tired of kiddietrashtalk
+15|6798

DrM wrote:

Getting the Vet badge should not be too hard.
It may take some time and good luck but not all that tricky.
Expert is another whole thing all together, I have never even got close to 25 repair points!

But advice for the Vet badge is as follows.

There are three important factors,
1. Lots of things to repair.
2. Enough time for them to be damaged and repaired again.
3. Getting the points.

1. Any map where there is a constant attack on commad assets will provide enough potential points for you, or you need an armour heavy map. I would suggest Songhua above all other maps for the following reasons, there are no jets or attack choppers and plenty of armour.

2. 64 player maps with 20 or less people on them are the places for long rounds. 02:00 is a good time to find servers like this! Note that if you are playing a head-on game rather than an assault you will want the flags to be as even as possible so that your time is not wasted by ticket bleed.

3.1. If you are planning to get the repair points on commad assets then there are a few tricks to help you. Get a DVP or FAV to sit in [never use armour or AA], while the repair is not as quick it is possible to repair multiple assets and the repair aura never runs out like your wrench can. The transport will give you other advantages, these include an escape option if you get in a fire fight you cant win, and once you repair everything and are waiting for them to be blown up you can drive off to a nearby tree to hide [note if you stay in the drivers seat enemy jets will be able to lock onto you, if get out of the vehicle the enemy will see the empty vehicle on the map, if you take position 2 you should not have either of these issues]. One last point on repairing command assets, the supply create is your enemy! With luck the commander will not drop them if you're around but some commanders will drop them anyway as you can only do one thing at a time and then need that scan and UAV now! If he does you can crush them with your jeep or blow them up with a grenade. If in a jeep you can drive up to an asset and wait until it is not destroyed then move on so all the assets are up, then go round and get the points. If an asset has 1% or 100% make no difference to how it works and that is all the commander cares about

3.2. If you want to try the armour option on Songhua you will need some help. You said that you were in a clan, now is the time to call in the troops. You should only need two other people [a third as the commander never hurns!]. Get everyone to go as engineer, get in those APC's and stick together. 3 APC engineers can take a huge beating and get though it if you stick together. If one of you gets blown up try to respawn at the location where the APC spawns, or anywhere that the is currently an empty APC, when you are all back in APC's get back together!
I know I've said it a load of times but on your own a single AT troop can ruin your day, together you should flying though enemy! You whole post was not about winning rounds but getting repair points, and you only get those by sticking together!

I hope this help you out.

DrM
first usefull post here! especially point 3.1 is really well done! thanx man
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6841|London, UK
like this?

https://i1.tinypic.com/xgbo9h.jpg
=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6756
Hey look doesnt it say AK101 on the top?!
But na man it was easy to get it. I was repairing two tanks constintly due to bombs and arty, and repairing the commanders stuff. It was a 300 ticket with not that many people on there. It was sweet! Took me a little bit of time to get it but it was worth it!
banksd1983
APC whore
+20|6817
Warlord

I got 31 repair points last time I played

Unfortunately I don't have the 100 hrs
=DHG=ArkAng37
+16|6756
Oh man that sucks!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard