Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5662|America
Well I found one side quest at that helios plant but I needed a science skill of 75 to do it, got discouraged and just went with the storyline because I figured it would account for your current level like 99% of other single players games do.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6806

Blade4509 wrote:

Alright so I'm Lvl 15 and I got:
Barter 32
Energy Weapons 49
Explosives 42
Guns 47
Lockpick 27
Medicine 41
Melee 32
Repair 50
Science 25
Sneak 32
Speech 55
Survival 32
Unarmed17
What did I do wrong here?
I had 100 speech by level 7. You want to max out your three tagged skills with an emphasis on one at a time, and then start increasing other skills. So much better than being mediocre at everything.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6980|Lithuania
just go anywhere and talk to anyone
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6423
Whatever happened to the thing that was in earlier previews where you chose your backstory/race etc for your character and you had slightly different game experiences based on each one?

• One background story is shown, Chinese Agent. The background story takes place before the bombs fell. The player is part of a team of Crimson Dragoons infiltrating Hoover Dam. You manage to sneak through the Americans’ defenses, set explosives, and head to an extraction point, but your escape is cut off by American soldiers in Power Armor. The player and other survivors of the Crimson Dragoons take refuge in a cave in the canyons, where they commit hari kari with cyanide capsules. The player about to do the same when the bombs fall. The background story ends an indeterminate time later, when the player exits the cave, removes his helmet, and sees his ghoulish reflection in the waters of the Colorado River.

• The background story segues into character creation. The player can customize the appearance of the ghoul, and you see you start the game with two unique perks. One, similar to the Ghoul Mask in Fallout 3, makes Feral Ghouls non-aggro. The other makes the player immune to radiation sickness and allows the player to discharge accumulated radiation in a blast similar to a Glowing Ghoul, healing the player and any mutants while damaging all non-mutants in range.

• By default, the Chinese Agent has the skills Sneak, Small Arms, and Explosives tagged and SPECIAL stats set, although the player can modify their tagged skills and stats if they don’t like the template.

• One character background option is Lone Wanderer. This selection has no background story or template and is a complete blank slate for players.
Did they just forget.

Or was it all just made up/abandoned.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-10-25 13:39:09)

Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6806

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Whatever happened to the thing that was in earlier previews where you chose your backstory/race etc for your character and you had slightly different game experiences based on each one?

Did they just forget.
I'm glad they did forget about backstories, those things are either useless (I.E mass effect) or shit
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6870

Blade4509 wrote:

Is there a way to remap your skills maybe?
Open console by pressing "~" key.  Type with out quotations :

"player.modav xxx #"

For example, you want Strength to be 10 and you want Survival to be 100 you type the following:

player.modav Strength 10
player.modav Survival 100

Also, while on the subject, the following are useful to know:

command "tcl" puts you in no-clip if you get stuck.
command "tg" turns off the grass to improve performance.
command "toggleemotions" turns off NPC facial expression to further improve performance
command "tgm" turns on Godmode for parts you suck to bad to get through.
command "player.additem 000000f 100000"  will give you 100,000 caps.

Enjoy.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6622

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

• One background story is shown, Chinese Agent. The background story takes place before the bombs fell. The player is part of a team of Crimson Dragoons infiltrating Hoover Dam. You manage to sneak through the Americans’ defenses, set explosives, and head to an extraction point, but your escape is cut off by American soldiers in Power Armor. The player and other survivors of the Crimson Dragoons take refuge in a cave in the canyons, where they commit hari kari with cyanide capsules. The player about to do the same when the bombs fall. The background story ends an indeterminate time later, when the player exits the cave, removes his helmet, and sees his ghoulish reflection in the waters of the Colorado River.

• The background story segues into character creation. The player can customize the appearance of the ghoul, and you see you start the game with two unique perks. One, similar to the Ghoul Mask in Fallout 3, makes Feral Ghouls non-aggro. The other makes the player immune to radiation sickness and allows the player to discharge accumulated radiation in a blast similar to a Glowing Ghoul, healing the player and any mutants while damaging all non-mutants in range.

• By default, the Chinese Agent has the skills Sneak, Small Arms, and Explosives tagged and SPECIAL stats set, although the player can modify their tagged skills and stats if they don’t like the template.

• One character background option is Lone Wanderer. This selection has no background story or template and is a complete blank slate for players.
Did they just forget.

Or was it all just made up/abandoned.
That was a hoax.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6423
Oh. It sounded pretty cool. Playing a pre-game mission before the bombs fell as that guy, or pre-game missions for the other characters. Setting the scene and all that, with the option of just starting like you do when you can't be bothered.

Oh well, I did like the much faster start of this game. Starting new Fallout 3 characters is an exercise in patience.

On an unrelated note.

This wasteland is much more 'linear' than Fallout 3's one isnt it. It's bad enough that the whole left hand side of the map is cut off, but the river on the right hand side does the same. So you have a pretty small East-West thing going on.

Last edited by Spidery_Yoda (2010-10-25 14:06:09)

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6439|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Blade4509 wrote:

Barter 32
Energy Weapons 49
Explosives 42
Guns 47
Lockpick 27
Medicine 41
Melee 32
Repair 50
Science 25
Sneak 32
Speech 55
Survival 32
Unarmed17
You failed to realise that your intelligence should ALLWAYS be at least 8, and grab the perk that gives +3 skillpoints per level...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6691|Long Island, New York

FloppY_ wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

Barter 32
Energy Weapons 49
Explosives 42
Guns 47
Lockpick 27
Medicine 41
Melee 32
Repair 50
Science 25
Sneak 32
Speech 55
Survival 32
Unarmed17
You failed to realise that your intelligence should ALLWAYS be at least 8, and grab the perk that gives +3 skillpoints per level...
Uh. Says who? My intelligence is at 6 and I'm doing just fine.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5190|Massachusetts, USA

FloppY_ wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

Barter 32
Energy Weapons 49
Explosives 42
Guns 47
Lockpick 27
Medicine 41
Melee 32
Repair 50
Science 25
Sneak 32
Speech 55
Survival 32
Unarmed17
I think you fail to realize why fallout is a ROLE PLAYING game.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|5121|Dundee, Scotland.
i r win. bet 200 caps on the fruit machine, came away with 962
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5662|America
Well It's all good now. I'm level 17 now and I got my lock picking skill high enough to meet the brotherhood of steel and I'm well on my way with Boone

Last edited by Blade4509 (2010-10-25 17:40:26)

"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Blade4509 wrote:

Well It's all good now. I'm level 17 now and I got my lock picking skill high enough to meet the brotherhood of steel and I'm well on my way with Boone
boone hates me cause I made him shoot dusty in the head
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
Finally made it to the strip
Bevo
Nah
+718|6674|Austin, Texas
I was at the strip at level 8

amidoinitwrong?
Reciprocity
+721|6734|the dank(super) side of Oregon
do deathclaws ever get easier to kill?  holy fuck they're nasty bastards.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5190|Massachusetts, USA

Reciprocity wrote:

It sucks hard on hardcore mode, you cant really spam stimpacks to survive.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
FloppY_
­

UnkleRukus wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

It sucks hard on hardcore mode, you cant really spam stimpacks to survive.
I find them pretty darn easy using (the unique) Sniper rifle from a distance...

Ideally, you should only take them on 1 by 1
FloppY_
­

Poseidon wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

Barter 32
Energy Weapons 49
Explosives 42
Guns 47
Lockpick 27
Medicine 41
Melee 32
Repair 50
Science 25
Sneak 32
Speech 55
Survival 32
Unarmed17
Uh. Says who? My intelligence is at 6 and I'm doing just fine.
You are missing out on a TON of skillpoints tbh...

I reckon I can reach 100 across the board by level 30 + a few more books
Bevo
Nah
+718|6674|Austin, Texas
Will someone pretty far into or beaten the game tell me how far I am in the main quest if I

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Already killed benny and activated Mr House's robot army? I haven't done anything past activating it.

thx

Last edited by Bevo (2010-10-25 19:24:43)

Chou
+737|6944
Time to grab a coke, a bag of chips and rape some more at level 30

Bevo wrote:

Will someone pretty far into or beaten the game tell me how far I am in the main quest if I

Already killed benny and activated Mr House's robot army? I haven't done anything past activating it.

thx
You've got a way ahead of you

Last edited by Chou (2010-10-25 19:52:45)

[-DER-]Omega
+188|6980|Lithuania
i could really go for a nuka cola right now. i bet it's just rad-alicious
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6622

Bevo wrote:

thx
About 2/3s, assuming you have already chosen a faction to commit to. There are also several side-quests that tie into the next part of the main quest as you need to figure out what to do with the Khans, Boomers, BoS, White Gloves, and Omertas.

And you have likely only scraced the surface of side quests.

There are over 200 marked quests in the game. FO3, DLC packs included, only had exactly 100.

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2010-10-25 20:13:23)

TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6593|Brisbane, Australia

This game is so much better than FO3. I cant decide on anything specific, just that it is.

I had a giant radscorpion and deathclaw attack me earlier, and about halfway between me and where they started the deathclaw realised the scorpion was there and just one shot it. It was hilarious. Deathclaws are awesome. Cazadors no so much, fuck cazadors especially that cave with the legendary one.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard