Maj.Do
+85|6778|good old CA
hmm looks pretty fun, still i have my eyes set on Quake Wars, Too me BF2142 is just another MP game without the neat HDr and all that fancy stuff
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6668|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

Towelly wrote:

We need support do you copy??
Enemy Boat Spotted

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-05-07 17:48:25)

-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6775|UK

Towelly wrote:

ooook, downloaded this and tryed to open it in quicktime and I get this

Error -2048:this file is not a movie file??

Tryed MP, DivX even RAD (yea pointless I know) can't get it to work though,

We need support do you copy??
download VLC player, its much better, and hopefully will sort out your problems, its in the file section.
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6775|UK
anyone else think this looks more like an expansion pack to bf2, then a completely new game?
However, I think it looks pretty good, and I'll probably buy it.
And i think that my clan, will probably continue onto bf2142.

Also note: "There are only four classes in Battlefield 2142 (compared to seven in Battlefield 2): recon, assault, antivehicle, and support." (http://www.bf2142.se).

So no sniper, though I guess the invisible cloak will be on the recon kit.
I wonder however, as they also say that kits will be customizable, and unlocks will be in (obviously) but I think unlocks are gonna be expanded to mean that all kits will have much more weapons and gadgets to play with, to probably include some of the equivalents of all the old kits.

So support could inc. ammo, repair, maybe even medic - altho they'd probably have to fix the points structure for this. Perhaps medicing - will be replaced by repair; to meet the whole future feel of the game.

Recon - Sniper Rifle (or whatever), invisible, some sort of normal gun too.

Theres a suggestion that you'll pick what you take into the battle, so I'm guessing they'll be some sort of allowance on what you can spawn with, maybe by weight or something.

Any ideas? Anyone spotted details about this?

Also "Titan" mode, whats that all about? The bomb put on that ship (i think thats where they put it) looks like you have to destroy some sort of base or something to complete a mission.

Reminds me of Assault in Unreal Tournament 2004.

Last edited by -=88.dNk.88=- (2006-05-07 18:19:46)

NoS
karma padder
+13|6653|UK
looks sweet.

here's a simple soultion to all the whiners crying "zomg itz s3t in teh futur3z!!!1" ... don't buy it. it was obvious that it would be the next step. BF1942 = set in the past. BF2 = set in the present. BF2142 = set in the future. so what if there have been games set in the future before? past wars, present wars and future wars have all be done to death equally. the only thing im conserned about is what price tag it will carry, it should defiently be an expansion pack to BF2, like SF, because it doesn't sound like it has nearly enough content to be considered a full price game. 2 armys? a dozen vehicles? 4 classes? 1 new game mode? £20 game at the very most.
IronFerret
+48|6683|Mexico City.
I CHANGE MY MIND.. im totally in, but lets see its all about maps now, hope they make a Karkand2142
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6775|UK
yea, i wanna see maps!
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6617|Your attic

NoS wrote:

looks sweet.

here's a simple soultion to all the whiners crying "zomg itz s3t in teh futur3z!!!1" ... don't buy it. it was obvious that it would be the next step. BF1942 = set in the past. BF2 = set in the present. BF2142 = set in the future. so what if there have been games set in the future before? past wars, present wars and future wars have all be done to death equally. the only thing im conserned about is what price tag it will carry, it should defiently be an expansion pack to BF2, like SF, because it doesn't sound like it has nearly enough content to be considered a full price game. 2 armys? a dozen vehicles? 4 classes? 1 new game mode? £20 game at the very most.
Well tbh what did BF2 add, 3 armies (yea not counting expansions) 7 kits, quite a few vehicles and 1 game mode (and it didn't really add that, carried on from 1942)

As for 2142 (ooo, just realised that this is set exactly 100 years after 1942, how uncanny) It adds a much needed 2nd game mode, and thats only modes we know about, could be more yet to be announced, the 4 kits that we get are apparently going to be customable (silencers,scopes etc etc) and there will be hopefully a lot more then just a dozen vehciles. So I reakon it'll be worth the price tag of around £40 which is what it will most likely ship at.

P.S, still can't get the damm video thanks to -=88.dNk.88=- for trying (+1 for you ) anyone got any more ides?
0ktane
Negative Ping
+55|6793|Arizona
Would love to see what maps look like...just PLEASE...leave Karkand in the 21st century.   
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6788

usmarine2005 wrote:

max wrote:

noo .. why destroy such a nice game. if i want sci fi i play some star wars. Now iit looks like star trek & star wars mixture with some tiny elements from the original bf series

to repeat myself... why? oh why?
I know man, I don't get it either.  Why not make BF3 an Invasion of Iran, or Iraq, or Afghanistan or those damn Canadians ?  I think some type of modern combat that we all can relate to in some way would be very popular.  I wish all the people who made mods would get together and make a video game.
Whoever sent this to me..."I'm Canadian, and proud. " ..... If you think I was serious, think again.
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6796|New York

usmarine2005 wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

max wrote:

noo .. why destroy such a nice game. if i want sci fi i play some star wars. Now iit looks like star trek & star wars mixture with some tiny elements from the original bf series

I know man, I don't get it either.  Why not make BF3 an Invasion of Iran, or Iraq, or Afghanistan or those damn Canadians ?  I think some type of modern combat that we all can relate to in some way would be very popular.  I wish all the people who made mods would get together and make a video game.
Whoever sent this to me..."I'm Canadian, and proud. " ..... If you think I was serious, think again.
LMAO, did you get -Karma'd for that?
kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6854|Australia

atlvolunteer wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

max wrote:

Couldn't they just do that with an expansion pack for BF2?
im think the same thing.
=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN
+60|6674|Under the River
Is there a version for windows media player or what do you have to use to play it
-=88.dNk.88=-
+3|6775|UK

=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN wrote:

Is there a version for windows media player or what do you have to use to play it
Its an Apple Quicktime file: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

or I prefer to use VLC player: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ (good for all video; inc. Xvid & vidX stuff).

Towelly wrote:

P.S, still can't get the damm video thanks to -=88.dNk.88=- for trying (+1 for you ) anyone got any more ides?
thank you; back to zero again hurray! dunno why i ever got a minus, just someone doing it for the sake of it probably.

Last edited by -=88.dNk.88=- (2006-05-07 19:39:27)

Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6720|San Francisco
So it's all going to come down to this decision...Supporting the Wolf Clan or the Eagle clan.  (Props if you get the reference)
deject
Got His War On
+37|6800|Golden, CO

-=88.dNk.88=- wrote:

anyone else think this looks more like an expansion pack to bf2, then a completely new game?
This is exactly what I got the impression of.  I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing but hope they don't just copy BF2.

-=88.dNk.88=- wrote:

Also "Titan" mode, whats that all about? The bomb put on that ship (i think thats where they put it) looks like you have to destroy some sort of base or something to complete a mission.

Reminds me of Assault in Unreal Tournament 2004.
sounds hot!
pasngr
+50|6672

Marconius wrote:

So it's all going to come down to this decision...Supporting the Wolf Clan or the Eagle clan.  (Props if you get the reference)
wolf=ground-pounders
eagle=aviators
???
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6873|North Texas

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

this game looks fucking terrible.
I could not agree more. meh
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6727

Marconius wrote:

Tribes 2? I'm gonna feel stupid if that's not it...
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6724

Better not have to pay jack for that...
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6832|Portland, OR, USA

Dugg and the game looks pretty sweet! They can do a lot of crazy stuff as it's the future.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6682|Brisbane, Australia

You guys realise, that 1) The mech was probalaly an anti-tank variant, 2) The tank was most likely damaged and 3) Thats footage has probalaly been set up, and thats like when one team has one flag left, think chinese trying to re cap airfield when thier only base is beach, without the jet rape spawn killing, I for one think that this time they will get it right, so what if this is coming from the people who made Vietnam, ALL THE BETTER! They have learned from thier mistakes and created a better game!

Oh and to the people who say everything looks stupid, Check the original battlefield impression at totalbf2.com, the commander screen was gay blue, snipers had smokes and binoculars, Anti-tank had an unlockable missle, all stupid Ideas that were scratched for various important reasons, (Except for giving snipers frags instead)

Music halfway onwards sounds awsome, like from an action movie, i like it much better than our intro

OH!! NEW THOUGHT! Remember our intro? And how unrealistic it is? Tanks getting eryx in one hit? I bet you, that that trailer will become our intro for 2142, but slightly moddified

Last edited by Sarrk (2006-05-07 23:04:47)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard