jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.
What's newsworthy is whatever murdoch says is newsworthy.

Look at zimbabwe, I mean 18 months ago you couldn't move for mugabe/hyperinflation/malnurished children stories. I have no idea how that shit panned out and haven't seen it on the news for over a year. The same with the pakistan floods, didn't get anywhere near the same attention as the other environmental disasters.

In short, if you want news that's relative to you, affects you and is entertaining as well as thought provoking, make your own news station.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6614|London, England
Nah you can still follow all the major outlets, they still report on most things, just that you need to do more yourself instead of being spoonfed. Which is why Internet news is much better than TV news, on the TV it's like they put it all in order of their importance, and they make things so stupid it's incredible. Whereas on the internet you can choose to read/follow whatever you want. Of which, I don't follow this at all, maybe just glance at it. Oh some miners stuck in a Chilli
jord
+2,382|6671|The North, beyond the wall.
It isn't that bad of a story mek, paris hiltons latest drug charge or lindsey lohans latest dui grind my gears far more.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5992|Vortex Ring State
That's why I read The Economist
eleven bravo
+1,399|5252|foggy bottom
mek is jealous they dont have a story about him
Tu Stultus Es
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6664|UK
mek is jealous they'll all get a blowjob tonight.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5252|foggy bottom
mek is jealous he wont get a chance to help out on that
Tu Stultus Es
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I might get some action within the next month or so, depending on how things work out. Probably not. Like 90-10 against me. Fuckin......fuckin... miners.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5252|foggy bottom
but seriously, its awfully rare to find a global news story that has nothing but happy endings and everybody around the world feels good about.  its always bad shit going on, this is something different and very rare.
Tu Stultus Es
Mekstizzle
WALKER
wonder who they chose to be the last guy sitting there whilst everyone else has been rescued, and then it breaks down leaving the last guy down there, if i was in that mine, that's what'd happen
SamTheMan
­
+341|5134|Stoke, England
I think it's the one with advanced first aid training or something, it'll probably be a contest between two hardcore Chilli's to try and get in the Guinness world book of records or something.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5252|foggy bottom
youd probably be the first person out only to find noone cared
Tu Stultus Es
SamTheMan
­
+341|5134|Stoke, England
LoL
Mekstizzle
WALKER
well good... i'd go home and play ps3
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6564

i'd care mek
SamTheMan
­
+341|5134|Stoke, England
You couldn't afford a ps3 with your measly wage of beans and donkeys

LoL

Last edited by SamTheMan (2010-10-13 07:46:30)

eleven bravo
+1,399|5252|foggy bottom

Mekstizzle wrote:

well good... i'd go home and play ps3
then youd find some pakistanis at home playing it while your family seems much happier with them around
Tu Stultus Es
Mekstizzle
WALKER
I don't think Chilli is a bean and donkey wage type of country, but I might be wrong. When it comes to mining it doesn't matter where you are you're probably in for some shit either way
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463

Trotskygrad wrote:

indeed. i get all my news and commentary from the economist and the london review of books
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England

Uzique wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

indeed. i get all my news and commentary from the economist and the london review of books
Liberal.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
sorry we don't pigeon-hole ourselves into convenient little labels over here

we're not fucking retards like you are in america

and im not sure how much different the new york review of books is from the london one

i consider myself unbound to ideology; im just a young man that thinks a lot and consumes a lot of information. not banking on anything.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6570|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

eleven bravo wrote:

but seriously, its awfully rare to find a global news story that has nothing but happy endings and everybody around the world feels good about.  its always bad shit going on, this is something different and very rare.
Every once in a while its nice to have those kind of news where nobody died, nobody got raped, nobody got watever he want to get...

Just some, shit happened, and now its over everybody is happy type of news. Give a feeling not everything on this planet has gone down the shitter.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5351|London, England
The Economist has a very liberal slant on quite a few issues. The biggest one is their push for Carbon taxes and/or Cap and Trade. It's rife throughout their reporting and it makes one wonder if they have a lot of money invested in the technology.

I still read the magazine, I just take whatever is said in it with a grain of salt.

Edit - Oh, and reading the book reviews and basing whether you will or will not purchase a book based on them just shows what an uber-conformist you are. That's to be expected from someone majoring in literature though. Most terrified group of people on the planet.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-10-13 09:47:43)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463

JohnG@lt wrote:

The Economist has a very liberal slant on quite a few issues. The biggest one is their push for Carbon taxes and/or Cap and Trade. It's rife throughout their reporting and it makes one wonder if they have a lot of money invested in the technology.

I still read the magazine, I just take whatever is said in it with a grain of salt.

Edit - Oh, and reading the book reviews and basing whether you will or will not purchase a book based on them just shows what an uber-conformist you are. That's to be expected from someone majoring in literature though. Most terrified group of people on the planet.
hey brainiac, the london and new york review of books is just an intellectual news-source

it rarely ever does a normal book review and never rates a title.

it selects new literature and contemporary arts in order to explore current world events and issues

fucking retard

"uber conformist"

"terrified people"

rofl at the guy who cant even google a fucking title before spouting shit about stuff he has no clue about

gg galt

i also love the implications in that you can read the economist "with a pinch of salt" and yet im just swallowing it all complete- because of course nobody else is gifted with your talents of information analysis

kys

Last edited by Uzique (2010-10-13 10:23:01)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Uzique wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

hey brainiac, the london and new york review of books is just an intellectual news-source

it rarely ever does a normal book review and never rates a title.

it selects new literature and contemporary arts in order to explore current world events and issues

fucking retard

"uber conformist"

"terrified people"

rofl at the guy who cant even google a fucking title before spouting shit about stuff he has no clue about

gg galt

i also love the implications in that you can read the economist "with a pinch of salt" and yet im just swallowing it all complete- because of course nobody else is gifted with your talents of information analysis

kys
spaced to foil ghetto TBH.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard