MooseRyder
+37|6654|Montréal, Canada

<{SoE}>Agamemnar wrote:

Bye bye Montreal.

This doesn't surprise me. Second rate teams deserve second rate results.
still, kinda sucks but your right, maybe next year.

the last goal was so stupid.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6762

Updated accordingly.. damn that took time.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6630|Finland

So Flames and Habs are gone.. Well, on the bright side, Kiprusoff and Koivu might now play for team Finland in the world championships, although the current lineup doesn't seem all too bad either. (With regards to the world championships being according to some, a "losers championship"). Anyway, here's the lineup:

Goalies
30 Fredrik Norrena, Linköping SWE
31 Antero Niittymäki. Philadelphia NHL
32 Niklas Bäckström, Kärpät FIN

Defense
3 Petteri Nummelin, Lugano SUI
4 Olli Malmivaara, SaiPa FIN
5 Lasse Kukkonen, Kärpät FIN
6 Pekka Saravo, Luleå SWE
7 Aki Berg, Toronto NHL
9 Mikko Luoma, Linköping SWE
18 Tuukka Mäntylä, Tappara FIN
33 Mikko Lehtonen, Kärpät FIN

Offense
10 Sean Bergenheim, NY Islanders NHL
11 Tomek Valtonen, Jokerit FIN
12 Esa Pirnes, Blues FIN
15 Tuomo Ruutu, Chicago NHL
16 Ville Peltonen, Lugano SUI
20 Antti Miettinen, Dallas NHL
21 Mikko Koivu, Minnesota NHL
22 Tommi Santala, Jokerit FIN
23 Riku Hahl, Davos SUI
24 Jari Viuhkola, Kärpät FIN
25 Jukka Hentunen, Lugano SUI
28 Jani Rita, Pittsburgh NHL
36 Jussi Jokinen, Dallas NHL
37 Jarkko Ruutu, Vancouver NHL
71 Tomi Kallio, Frölunda SWE

Last edited by DonFck (2006-05-04 03:38:36)

I need around tree fiddy.
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6653|Westminster, Colorado
I found 2 tickets to game 4 of the Avs/Ducks series for ~$86 a seat.  Should I go for it?  They are 3rd section 11 rows back near one of the corners.  It's tough because I want to go, but that's a lot of dough.

I could also just watch the game on my HDTV, but there's nothing quite like being there.
mporlier
+42|6639|Montreal, Canada
My hockey season has ended :-(

mporlier... from Montreal
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6742
Hockey is easily the greatest sport in the world, but noone seems to understand that yet except for canada.  Since the Wild aren't in, I'm rooting for wither Ottawa or Carolina.
Anyone else looking forward to the upcoming draft?  Johnson and Kessel may go 1,2 and both will most likely be playing for the Gophers next year too.  Throw in Okposo and Wheeler and that's 4 top ten selections on one team...hope they can put it all together next year.

If Toews gets selected ahead of Kessel it will blow my mind.
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6645|Nova Scotia
Yeah habs are gone, my season is over.  I'll go for Ottawa and Edmonton to meet in the finals.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6630|Finland

Finland vs. Slovenia in two hours.. Should be a great game. Last time they met in 2003, the game ended 12-0..
I need around tree fiddy.
MooseRyder
I think Canada is playin agaisnt Denmark today, not sure though
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
Dang the Ottawa/Buffalo game was nutzoid.  7-6 in OT.  I was watching in disbelief as it seemed like every shot found the back of the net. 

Unfortunately the Avs tanked it hard.  Let's see if we can at least get one good scoring chance in the next game. 

Kudos to Carolina and their dismantling of the Devils.  It'll be interesting to see how Brodeur responds after that performance.

And the Kentucky Derby just finished with Barbaro winning it easily.  Not a big horse racing fan, but I watch the BIG 3 races.
Coolbeano
+378|6762

yeah that was one tight game..... really did not know which way that was gonna turn out. Ottawa better pull up and out of this one...

Congrats to Carolina for knocking down the 'unstoppable' NJD machine. I've never been a fan of the devils.
jpost8391
+7|6580|chantilly, va
*sigh* Philly is out now so im not gonna really watch anymore cause i can only get 2 games a night on OLN and with NJ losing badly yesterday i doubt ill even watch that anymore
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
Have to say that the Mighty Ducks have been playing very well. 

It's tough for the Avs to score when they:
a) never shoot the puck higher than 2 inches off the ground and right into the goalie.
b) are beaten to every loose puck
c) cannot pass better than an 8th grade hockey team
d) look old, slow, and tired

I am still optimistic that they can make it a series, but it'll take scoring at least one goal.
Yeticus Rex
Destroyer of Penguins
+29|6658|SoCal

terrafirma wrote:

Have to say that the Mighty Ducks have been playing very well. 

It's tough for the Avs to score when they:
a) never shoot the puck higher than 2 inches off the ground and right into the goalie.
b) are beaten to every loose puck
c) cannot pass better than an 8th grade hockey team
d) look old, slow, and tired

I am still optimistic that they can make it a series, but it'll take scoring at least one goal.
Totally concur with you, terrafirma......Ducks are looking unbeatable, but as a Ducks fan, I still expect a split in Colorado.  Which game are you going to?
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill

Yeticus Rex wrote:

Which game are you going to?
I didn't get the tix because they were a bit pricey and I have a vball game during game 3.  My roomie has tix to game 6 if it gets that far (I hope).
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
Yep my Avs are gonzo.  Totally outplayed by a better TEAM (yes all caps).   The Ducks wanted it more.  They were first to the puck every time and made the Avs look old, slow, and very deficient. 

Good luck to the remaining teams!
diglow~Flow
+32|6625|British Columbia, Canada
Oilers are taking it hands down.
Yeticus Rex
Destroyer of Penguins
+29|6658|SoCal
Wow, Edmonton does want to advance to the next round!

BTW, I posted a nice little hockey related thread with a video over on this thread.
Coolbeano
+378|6762

Yeah, it was a bit scary doing the first 2 and a half games but I think the Oilers can get through this.

But I'm really really really pissed about Ottawa. They had such a good season, its a shame to see them end so... shamefully.
Coolbeano
+378|6762

Congrats to Edmonton, they better make Cup finals hehe
Kylau
+9|6704|Washington

Coolbeano wrote:

Congrats to Edmonton, they better make Cup finals hehe
NO!

Why do all the Cali teams choke?
Rygar
Canucklehead
+69|6645|Nova Scotia
Go Edmonton!

Ottawa is no surprise, they blow it in the playoffs every year after kickin the crap out of people in the regular season.
MooseRyder
Oilers are going crazy, I hope they gonna kick the shit out of the Ducks lol....I wonder if they gonna use the V formation
Coolbeano
+378|6762

To clear this up, I don't particularly like the Oilers because they're the other Canadian team in the Canuck division, and are a challenging noteworthy rival, and they knocked Vancouver out of the playoffs spot. but now I'm for them because they're the only Canadian team left. And because Captain Canada is there.

Kylau wrote:

Why do all the Cali teams choke?
Because there are too many. More than half the damn Pacific division is California. Look at NY, they've got two teams, one does nicely, one does crap. Too many teams end up with crappy results. Get all the best ones and put them into one team.
Pineapple_Pez
+2|6742

MooseRyder wrote:

Oilers are going crazy, I hope they gonna kick the shit out of the Ducks lol....I wonder if they gonna use the V formation
They better not, the Wild have Edmonton's first round pick...I want the 17th pick, not the 30th.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard