Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I mod my game in a bunch of ways whenever I play. The changes I usually do-

-Reduce each turn from 2 years to 1 year.
-Tinker with the traits
-Give the Mongols and Timurid more experience
-Reduce effects of squalor and increase effects of religious unrest
-Add some AI packs
-Increase the experience of mercenaries
-Increase starting garrison sizes
-Reduce amount of rebel armies while increasing the amount of pirates

Once I figure out how add resources and rebel armies I want to add a bunch of gold mines in lower Africa with a bunch of rebel armies protecting it.

I'm going to have time to tinker around with the game on Wednesday, if I put everything into a file and give instructions on how to install it would anyone be interested in trying it out?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
i played it for a while in my first year at uni with a mod called stainless steel. check it out.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Yeah I hear a lot about that mod on TWcenter forums. I still haven't given it a shot yet though I should. As far mods go for the game, I really liked Broken Crescent.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6545|London
I had a hankering for some total war recently and picked up empire...doubt I'll reinstall the old ones with shogun 2 not too far off.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
Played, finished, shelved.
Rome>MEII>Empire
Phrozenbot
+632|6585|do not disturb

I'm currently playing Scotland and only capturing rebel settlements and waging war against non catholic nations. The one time I was excommunicated became a disaster for me when I played as Venice. I feel it is lame how when the CPU gets excommunicated, they usually get reconciled shortly after and never have I seen the pope call a crusade on a excommunicated nation except me.

Modding is fun. I mod in Doom 3. I'd like to make turns half a year in Medieval II instead of 2 years.

Rome>MEII>Empire
Agreed.
GR34
+215|6515|ALBERTA> CANADA
I just started playing again. I got the kingdoms grand campaign mod.It rocks steamrolling England as the Teutonic knights or as principality on Antioch
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
I'm going to re-install and play it tonight. Was thinking about starting a BF2s campaign aswell as a normal campaign for me. Sort of like a lets play, with BF2s as the counsel/generals/cabinet/whatever you want to call it. See how far we can get and what we can come up with. I dunno if it'd work with it being an in depth game, or whether it is a shit idea. Just thought it up considering I stick to nations that suit my playstyle, and doing what bf2s says might be fun, especially with some of the less common factions.

Anyone would want to give it a crack?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

DrunkFace wrote:

Played, finished, shelved.
Rome>MEII>Empire
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Adams_BJ
That was so 2 years ago AR, reply to me asap
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

I'm looking forward to Rome II

Shogun 2 was flawed by a pathetic peasant army can defeat elite units of same cost bug.
Adams_BJ
Hey AR, you can be my minister for go fuck yourself. It's a highly regarded position
Adams_BJ
I'm sorry I take it back. What about I give you a nice backbench position with lots of perks
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I have a couple friends who are pretty invested in playing the Third Age mod.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Naw but seriously I like your idea.

You need a poll for which faction to play. I suggest Britain, as I've heard you're good at archer spam.

But polls do not work.......

Last edited by AussieReaper (2013-04-24 00:08:27)

Adams_BJ
Well it can be any starter faction, I don't have access to Scotland etc as I am doing a fresh install. I will play a campaign as France as well.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

The mod came out good. I was proud of it.
Adams_BJ
Thankyou for your timely update mac
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

A bf2s play along interest me.
Adams_BJ
Correct. Have a pony. What nation would you like
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

What were the starter nations again?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Macbeth wrote:

Hopi, Mesopotamia, Rhodesia, Siam and Hawaii.
Adams_BJ

Macbeth wrote:

from memory I think, England, France, Spain, Holy Roman Empire and Venice.

Although I have the Kingdoms expansion, which might be interesting. I havent played it yet but here is its wiki.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_I … :_Kingdoms
Adams_BJ
A lot of interesting campaigns in the expansion! I've never played it before.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

A Kingdoms campaign would be cool. If you want a challenge either do Mayan or Aztec during the Spanish campaign or the Seljuks during the Crusades. If you are playing the base game Venice is a tough start. Uniting Italy is really tough for an inexperienced player. Spain is fun and a challenge since you will be fighting Muslims from day one. HRE and England are too easy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard