mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6734|d
I don't know how people can argue with such logic.
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5721|شمال
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6424|The Twilight Zone
either way they are doing them a favour
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
jord
+2,382|6649|The North, beyond the wall.

mafia996630 wrote:

I don't know how people can argue with such logic.
Lol irony.
Beduin
+510|5721|شمال

.Sup wrote:

How would the center be a favour to the taliban?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
.Sup
be nice

Beduin wrote:

.Sup wrote:

How would the center be a favour to the taliban?
https://listverse.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/20060402202418reichstag-flag.jpg
Beduin
+510|5721|شمال
haha...
now back to the question, how would the center be a favour to the taliban?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
.Sup
be nice

Beduin wrote:

haha...
As I see it Berlin would be New York and the Soviet flag would be the Mosque. I mean 2 American buildings demolished by the Alah praising Talibans and now close by a Mosque will be built to honour that same religion that has driven aeroplanes into the two towers. Seems like a victory for Islamic extremists. I understand that harmless (hopefully) people will make their prayers in the mosque but if all you need to do to build a mosque anywhere you like is to blow something up to free a parcel where you can build mosques then I ask myself will there not be more planes flying in building all around the world? Personally I have nothing against Islam and Muslims and building mosques is fine but location has to be thought out and not just build them where there is space to do so.
Beduin
+510|5721|شمال

.Sup wrote:

As I see it Berlin would be New York and the Soviet flag would be the Mosque. I mean 2 American buildings demolished by the Alah praising Talibans and now close by a Mosque will be built to honour that same religion that has driven aeroplanes into the two towers. Seems like a victory for Islamic extremists. I understand that harmless (hopefully) people will make their prayers in the mosque but if all you need to do to build a mosque anywhere you like is to blow something up to free a parcel where you can build mosques then I ask myself will there not be more planes flying in building all around the world? Personally I have nothing against Islam and Muslims and building mosques is fine but location has to be thought out and not just build them where there is space to do so.
Very colorful imagination. great. it is however used politically.

Can you give more practical reasons, strategically, how would this support the taliban in their war?
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
.Sup
be nice

Beduin wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Very colorful imagination. great. it is however used politically.

Can you give more practical reasons, strategically, how would this support the taliban in their war?
This will not necessarily be beneficial for their war effort but it seems to be a clear victory for their them, for personal satisfaction and morale and might encourage future terrorist attacks. If a Taliban leader promised for each successful suicide attack a mosque will be built somewhere then I think people who would like to die for this cause will stand in line in front of Osama's cave to volunteer.
Beduin
+510|5721|شمال

.Sup wrote:

This will not necessarily be beneficial for their war effort but it seems to be a clear victory for their them,
Not in anyway, no. it will benefit them to oppose this center, imo

.Sup wrote:

for personal satisfaction and morale and might encourage future terrorist attacks. If a Taliban leader promised for each successful suicide attack a mosque will be built somewhere then I think people who would like to die for this cause will stand in line in front of Osama's cave to volunteer.
thats again imaginations my dear, nice tools to brainwash the less aware individuals
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6376|North Carolina

.Sup wrote:

Beduin wrote:

haha...
I don't think an Islamic community center at Ground Zero would be used as much by Islamic extremists for political gain as much as it would be by right wingers that like to capitalize on fears of Islam.

So, ironically, I also believe the center shouldn't be built there either, but it's more for the sake of shielding Muslims from the reactionary responses of right wingers than it is to prevent terrorists from capitalizing on it.

Right wing xenophobes are a lot more numerous than Islamic terrorists.

That being said, the owners of this land still have a right to build whatever they want there.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5208|Cleveland, Ohio
wrong turq.  the city can rezone property as they see fit.  owners do not have absolute power tbh.
Turquoise
O Canada

11 Bravo wrote:

wrong turq.  the city can rezone property as they see fit.  owners do not have absolute power tbh.
True, my mistake.  I should've said, "Owners have the right to build whatever follows zoning laws on their property."

That being said, it would be rather sad if NYC decided to rezone this plot over a very shallowly political reason.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5208|Cleveland, Ohio
ya well they sure did get rid of the boobie joints when they found it convenient....
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6461|Menlo Park, CA
As much as its distasteful and tacky of these people to want to put this mosque 2 blocks from hollowed ground, they have the right to do so under our Constitution.

Now there are def questions that need to be answered namely the funding of this mosque, who's running the "show" etc.  If it comes back shady and there are some questionable characters involved, then the City of NY needs to block this.

These people also have to know that this mosque will be under more scrutiny than any other mosque in the country if they decide to build there.  They have to understand they will be watched by law enforcement CONSTANTLY looking for any excuse to shut them down.  I personally believe its not worth it for them to build there cause families will protest, average citizens will protest and they will be under constant surveillance by the FBI and other Government agencies.  It will be a nightmare!!! But knowing how stubborn people of faith can be ESPECIALLY Muslims, they probably will build this mosque despite all the protest and negative banter.

btw its been almost a year since I have posted on these forums, I just want to say its happy to be back!! - fadedsteve
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

Welcome back

There will be much protests about this community center (it's not a Mosque), no doubt about that ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6645|Canberra, AUS
wb steve
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Beduin
+510|5721|شمال

fadedsteve wrote:

As much as its distasteful and tacky of these people to want to put this mosque 2 blocks from hollowed ground, they have the right to do so under our Constitution.

Now there are def questions that need to be answered namely the funding of this mosque, who's running the "show" etc.  If it comes back shady and there are some questionable characters involved, then the City of NY needs to block this.

These people also have to know that this mosque will be under more scrutiny than any other mosque in the country if they decide to build there.  They have to understand they will be watched by law enforcement CONSTANTLY looking for any excuse to shut them down.  I personally believe its not worth it for them to build there cause families will protest, average citizens will protest and they will be under constant surveillance by the FBI and other Government agencies.  It will be a nightmare!!! But knowing how stubborn people of faith can be ESPECIALLY Muslims, they probably will build this mosque despite all the protest and negative banter.

btw its been almost a year since I have posted on these forums, I just want to say its happy to be back!! - fadedsteve
that was a bag full of shit you came back with. welcome back
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6439

fadedsteve wrote:

Constant surveillance?

Where the fuck is that coming from?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
rofl how stubborn people of faith can be... ESPECIALLY MUSLIMS.

more like ESPECIALLY right-wing conservative christians with their xenophobia-bug!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State

11 Bravo wrote:

ya well they sure did get rid of the boobie joints when they found it convenient....
Well strippers don't have a lobby in Congress last time I checked.

psssh, and everyone knows extremist christian groups are more stubborn (as a whole) than their counterparts, it's just that they're the majority so it's noticed less
fadedsteve
GOP Sympathizer
+266|6461|Menlo Park, CA

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Constant surveillance?

Absolutely! Your telling me if this "community center" goes through, the FEDS won't be watching this place constantly?? The Imam in charge hates Jews and more or less hates America judging by his past statements! The money that is flowing in to build this "community center" is coming from questionable sources with potential terror ties.  In this age of terrorism how wouldn't the authorities in NY watch this building with the utmost scrutiny!?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

fadedsteve wrote:

The Imam in charge hates Jews and more or less hates America judging by his past statements! The money that is flowing in to build this "community center" is coming from questionable sources with potential terror ties.  In this age of terrorism how wouldn't the authorities in NY watch this building with the utmost scrutiny!?
Pretty audacious statements without providing a single source.
Turquoise
O Canada

fadedsteve wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

fadedsteve wrote:

Constant surveillance?

Absolutely! Your telling me if this "community center" goes through, the FEDS won't be watching this place constantly?? The Imam in charge hates Jews and more or less hates America judging by his past statements! The money that is flowing in to build this "community center" is coming from questionable sources with potential terror ties.  In this age of terrorism how wouldn't the authorities in NY watch this building with the utmost scrutiny!?
Prince Alwaleed bin Talal is ok with it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard