Poll

paintball or airsoft, which do u prefer?

paintball55%55% - 52
airsoft25%25% - 24
neither16%16% - 15
wtf is airsoft!!!2%2% - 2
wtf is paintball!!!0%0% - 0
Total: 93
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
Just had my first speedball tourney today. shit was pretty fun except one team acted like jackass' and kept shooting even when the refs called someone out. my team was a cunt hairs away from 3rd. NPPL super7 lulz.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

Cybargs wrote:

Just had my first speedball tourney today. shit was pretty fun except one team acted like jackass' and kept shooting even when the refs called someone out. my team was a cunt hairs away from 3rd. NPPL super7 lulz.
Looks like its gonna be about 3 weeks before I can think about picking up the rest of my gear... driving me a bit nutty.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

I remember playing a speedball match. Got nailed within twenty seconds the first time, but got four guys the second before some bastard shot me in the arse.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6459|Gogledd Cymru

Went paintballing yesterday, third or fourth time I've been, I spent quite a lot, though it was great fun.

Got hit under my mask some how and its cut my face lulz, the one that hurt the most was in a speedball match I rushed the right flank and got hit from a couple of meters away in the thigh. It was closer than allowed and hurt like hell.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6323|Troy, New York

Surgeons wrote:

Went paintballing yesterday, third or fourth time I've been, I spent quite a lot, though it was great fun.

Got hit under my mask some how and its cut my face lulz, the one that hurt the most was in a speedball match I rushed the right flank and got hit from a couple of meters away in the thigh. It was closer than allowed and hurt like hell.
Been there done that, haha. I've played well over two hundred times, mostly woods-ball but some pump speeds-ball with an old Sl-68 II
Worst hit I think was from a team mate shooting an EGO into the back of my ear when he was trying to shoot out of a bunker and pegged me 3-4 times. It actually messed up the cartilage a little bit so I have a bit of a tip on my ear like an elf, lol.
Usually play at my Local field, Albany Scenario Club, but I've been to a lot of the big fields on the east coast (First Prize, PMS, etc.)
Sold all my stuff recently because I couldn't really afford to keep it up, but once I start making some more money will probably pick it up again. Anybody else in the area? Or just playing in general, haha.
Surgeons, whats the general gear/ playstyle like in the UK? Lots of people have their own gear or mostly just rentals? People aggressive or passive?

Cybargs, where are you playing at? I know of a ton of great fields in So Cal, would love to live there for the paintball community. Also, what are you shooting etc?
Surgeons

Well I've only been a few times and each time it was to a "beginners" place run by this chain http://www.paintballgames.co.uk/

It's all rental gear, the players weren't aggressive as most if not all were there for the first time etc and there were mixed ages, some of the people on our team and the opposing team were 15/16 etc.

It's good fun, although I couldn't see myself doing it seriously, it's very expensive (£7 per 100 balls etc)
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6323|Troy, New York
Oh wow. I can get a case (2000 rounds) of top quality for £30 (60 USD), or a case of cheap paint for 17£. Less with paint sponsorships.
Good stuff though, looks like a cool field. As a rule of thumb, playing more aggressive tends to work better. For semi auto markers shoot a three round burst and walk it in. Sorry for all the obvious advice, haha. I'm just in paint-ball mode now.

Last edited by h4hagen (2010-08-30 14:05:20)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
Yeah, my local field is expensive too.
$10 for a 100, $45 for 500, etc.

Refs and regular players are great though.

..and I just sold my Phantom to some guy in Scotland.
Still got my A5 and a broken Lightning 'cocker though. Might turn that into a half-blocked pump once I get some money.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Thats lucky, they guy up in Whis charges $12 per hundred, wont do bulk balls, and stopped taking credit card, cash only. He's not into doing anything with locals, just business outings and snowboard/ski camp kids. Hes a real douche to talk to, and takes all the fun out of it when your playing.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Surgeons wrote:

Well I've only been a few times and each time it was to a "beginners" place run by this chain http://www.paintballgames.co.uk/

It's all rental gear, the players weren't aggressive as most if not all were there for the first time etc and there were mixed ages, some of the people on our team and the opposing team were 15/16 etc.

It's good fun, although I couldn't see myself doing it seriously, it's very expensive (£7 per 100 balls etc)
Hey, that's the same chain we used.
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6572
PAINTBALL
really expensive
im cheap and only do milsim with my handy-dandy stock bt4 with apex barrel
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I shot myself in the leg with an airsoft rifle.  It really hurt.
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615

=ST6=SewerMaster wrote:

Paintball.  What is the point in Arirsoft?  who wants to get shot with little platic BBs that don't break?
you can use the metal ones it hurts more lol
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615

=ST6=SewerMaster wrote:

Paintball.  What is the point in Arirsoft?  who wants to get shot with little platic BBs that don't break?
you can use the metal ones it hurts more lol
https://www.sheprethairgun.co.uk/images/hft/pellets.jpg
https://www.aceros-de-hispania.com/images/bb-balls-35010/metal-pellets-500pcs.jpg
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6323|Troy, New York

DefCon-17 wrote:

Yeah, my local field is expensive too.
$10 for a 100, $45 for 500, etc.

Refs and regular players are great though.

..and I just sold my Phantom to some guy in Scotland.
Still got my A5 and a broken Lightning 'cocker though. Might turn that into a half-blocked pump once I get some money.
Should have saved the Phantom and saved on the paint
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

h4hagen wrote:

Surgeons wrote:

Been there done that, haha. I've played well over two hundred times, mostly woods-ball but some pump speeds-ball with an old Sl-68 II
Worst hit I think was from a team mate shooting an EGO into the back of my ear when he was trying to shoot out of a bunker and pegged me 3-4 times. It actually messed up the cartilage a little bit so I have a bit of a tip on my ear like an elf, lol.
Usually play at my Local field, Albany Scenario Club, but I've been to a lot of the big fields on the east coast (First Prize, PMS, etc.)
Sold all my stuff recently because I couldn't really afford to keep it up, but once I start making some more money will probably pick it up again. Anybody else in the area? Or just playing in general, haha.
Surgeons, whats the general gear/ playstyle like in the UK? Lots of people have their own gear or mostly just rentals? People aggressive or passive?

Cybargs, where are you playing at? I know of a ton of great fields in So Cal, would love to live there for the paintball community. Also, what are you shooting etc?
I'm playing in Taiwan lulz. I think my team might go to the 3rd Paintball Invitation Tournament. I get paint at around 40 bucks per 2000 rounds because of im on a team.

I'm shooting an Azodin Kaos and it shoots like a beauty. I only do mechanicals coz I'm cheap/can't walk the trigger yet

Rentals here fucking cant shoot for shit and are generally pussies.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6323|Troy, New York
Mixed you up with that asian kid who lives in California, lol.
Azoid makes good stuff for cheap, can't really go wrong with it. Auto cocker threaded barrels are nice too. If most of the people there play with Mechs go for it. (and yah, even a low end electric setup can go for 500 USD easily (G3+ Invert too + Crossfire or w/e)
Good stuff. How is the scene there? Lot of players?
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6318|Belfast
I went paintballing a few months ago; it was . However, it hurt more than I remembered The pain's good though, it gives you the feeling that you are being suppressed and it keep your head down behind cover. We were encouraged to rush the other team head on into their fire, like it was Call of Duty or something, but I said "fuck that shit, I'm staying back and giving covering fire." I was also put in charge of a small group because I was one of the few people there who had actually played before.

Somehow, I got hit in the face and the pellet burst in my mouth. I played for 10 minutes with the paint sticking in my mouth. It was horrible. My spit was yellow for the rest of the day and I could still taste the paint a day later.

Last edited by henno13 (2010-08-31 09:14:51)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

Macbeth wrote:

I shot myself in the leg with an airsoft rifle.  It really hurt.
Yeah I shot myself in the foot because I was curious as to whether it hurt or not. It did.
Surgeons

Yeah headshots didn't count so I was hit in the head 40-50 times over the day, it was so easy on arenas where you have to defend a position to just stick your head up and your gun because you can't get shout out of the game.

The paint tastes disgusting though
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

h4hagen wrote:

Mixed you up with that asian kid who lives in California, lol.
Azoid makes good stuff for cheap, can't really go wrong with it. Auto cocker threaded barrels are nice too. If most of the people there play with Mechs go for it. (and yah, even a low end electric setup can go for 500 USD easily (G3+ Invert too + Crossfire or w/e)
Good stuff. How is the scene there? Lot of players?
heh i aint shadow

Theres quite a few teams actually and theres a pretty active community for such a relatively unpopular (and expensive) sport. The place I go to set up speedball bunkers and theres like an open practice and anyone could come once every month. Lots of rentals though. Most people do play mechanical as it's a lot cheaper

If I were to buy an electric setup I'd might as well buy the best gear... Already dropped dough on sly profit, Dye C10s and pads But I can always borrow an electric marker from the people I play with coz they're really nice. It's less about making money over here and more about keeping an active community for most of the people here.

Kaos Deluxe would be released next year and would be going for around 150 usd. The guy who runs Azodin plays a lot at my field and is really close with the team/staff there so it's all cool and shit. everyone gets a free furious 2 piece barrel
aerodynamic
FOCKING HELL
+241|5723|Roma

RAIMIUS wrote:

Mitch wrote:

theburritos wrote:

alot of times if you shoot somebody with an airsoft gun they wont get out because you have no proof that you hit them.
i always figured that would be a problem.
Going full-auto and taking 15+ headshots seems to fix that.  I've only seen that happen once, though.  Most people aren't blatant cheaters, at least at larger games where they can get booted out by the refs.
Plus if you start cheating you are making a bad image of your self and the club you are part of.
Doesn't seem very worth it tbh, in the end its just a game.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/8ea27f2d75b353b0a18b096ed75ec5e142da7cc2.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I still can't stop laughing at -Sh1tfy- saying that airsoft simulates war fine.

He's gonna have a real fun time in the marines then.
I said it was the closest you can get without using real bullets.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

I still can't stop laughing at -Sh1tfy- saying that airsoft simulates war fine.

He's gonna have a real fun time in the marines then.
I said it was the closest you can get without using real bullets.
wrong.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

aerodynamic wrote:

RAIMIUS wrote:

Mitch wrote:

i always figured that would be a problem.
Going full-auto and taking 15+ headshots seems to fix that.  I've only seen that happen once, though.  Most people aren't blatant cheaters, at least at larger games where they can get booted out by the refs.
Plus if you start cheating you are making a bad image of your self and the club you are part of.
Doesn't seem very worth it tbh, in the end its just a game.
who needs a club?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard