Poll

Assault vs Spec Ops - The VOTE

Assault35%35% - 50
Spec Ops64%64% - 91
Total: 141
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6783
Yes, lets put this argument to rest. Do you like killing people with 7 bullets from range or outgunning them with 3 with an assault rifle? I'm not gonna put my views forward yet. (ehem). So vote. Oh, and leave some comments. And karma me if you feel like it. Just click on the cookies thing below. No pressure.
MuseSeeker
2142 Soldier: Behenaut
+110|6798|EUR
I prefer spec ops, you have a cap.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6712|Tampa Bay Florida
These are my two favorite kits, Assault is fun to play if you have a squad backing you up, Spec-Ops is good for sabotage/lonewolf and also a decent anti-armor kit for urban maps (C4)
Stephen_Sung_811007
+4|6722|Taiwan
yeah, i prefer spec ops too because of the cap. the most good-looking man on the battlefield lol

by the way the USMC spec ops white and assualt is black
Erwin_Rommel188
+59|6708|Seattle
I prefer the longer sprint of special forces

(And yes, the beret is cute)
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6732|Charlie One Alpha
As much as I like the Assault kit, I have to admit that Spec-Ops it just awesome. It's my most played kit and for the following reasons:

G36C is godlike.
C4 blows stuff up. (Tanks and Assets)
Long sprint.
Silenced pistol.
Did I mention the G36C is godlike?
Oh and you can also blow stuff up with the C4
Ever tried Jihad-Jetting? Now THAT's fun!
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6775
They are both nerfed really bad, but... I would say that SpecOps is better if you have your unlocks. With default weapons assault will dominate.

Last edited by Dr.Battlefield (2006-05-05 09:09:01)

DavidianCox
...from the internet
+60|6680|Birmingham
i have just recently started using the G3 and my word! it is fun!
EnglishLion
+2|6602
I like both.

Played Spec Ops a lot but since I unlocked the G3 I've played Assault quite a bit.  The AK101 is good with assault but the spec ops has c4.

Conclusion - both good kits!

I haven't C4'd a jet yet, but I'm planning on soon - certainly take the pilot by suprise!
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation

EnglishLion wrote:

I like both.
I haven't C4'd a jet yet, but I'm planning on soon - certainly take the pilot by suprise!
What do you mean? I AM the pilot. I C4 my own jet, then fly it into a tank or whatever, bailing out at the last second and detonating the C4 while I dangle from my parachute.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell
Dr.Battlefield
Got milk?
+150|6775

LaidBackNinja wrote:

EnglishLion wrote:

I like both.
What do you mean? I AM the pilot. I C4 my own jet, then fly it into a tank or whatever, bailing out at the last second and detonating the C4 while I dangle from my parachute.
I am wondering, what if you c4'ed the bomb. Will it have a higher detonation radius?
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

I am wondering, what if you c4'ed the bomb. Will it have a higher detonation radius?
LOL.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6664|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
both of my least used kits.. in a poll..

hmm..
it depends on how i'm feeling at the time..

Infantry kills - Assault 4 teh win..
Being a complete twat destroying assets and wasting time - Spec Ops..

(i voted assault)
Stephen_Sung_811007
+4|6722|Taiwan

Dr.Battlefield wrote:

LaidBackNinja wrote:

EnglishLion wrote:

I like both.
i tested that. the answers no.
comet241
+164|6788|Normal, IL
as much as i love assault and have like 90 hours with the kit, the spec ops has it all. as it was said,c4 rules, assault doesn't have any heavy hitter like that, the g36c rules, maybe the g3 comes close, but the 20 round clip is a huge drag. the silenced pistol is a nice touch, and sometimes i prefer to have a throwing grenade so i can bounce it around corners and stuff before it blows....

assault is a good kit if you're in a squad that uses teamwork. sadly, i have discovered this is rarely the case, which means spec ops is the preferred kit for most instances. not bashing the assault kit, i said i have like 90 hours with the kit, but i think spec ops is useful in MORE situations than the assault
wajar
+9|6711|Sydney - Down Under
Assault because i love the G3
Longbow
+163|6669|Odessa, Ukraine
Assault , I prefer rifles with long barrel and attached GL ...
bobislost
+3|6677|uk
These are my most played kits but it would have to be Assault Because the FL2000 is an Awesome Gun, FlashBangs come in very useful against groups, Body armour to keep u going that bit longer and last but not least the grenade launcher that i rarely miss with from any range.

The lack of sprint is annoying though
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6666|England
Sigh, I say Assault. Purely because the G3 can kill in seconds. Clip size forgiven it is the best assault rifle in the game. (Althought the 'K 101 comes very close due to the t00be) I also like flashing people with the F200, and no, not in that sense
Buzerk1
+44|6859
I have been putting time on the other kits lately... but Special Ops has a special place in my heart
Phatso
The Moisture
+49|6718|South Africa
Voted Spec Ops - G36C is lethal at any range.
Started using the M4 and AK74U again.... Those guns, if used correctly, have mad accuracy.

I have a (insy weensy ) bit of a dislike for the Assault kit (Pre-1.2 Days with Pt Blank t00bing)
But the G3 is quite devastating... So respect to you G3 users.
lord_tyler_486
+54|6775|Upper Franconia
Spec Ops FTW. Soon I'll get my Expert badge. Spec ops have t3h pwning red cap.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6690

Assault.  G3 Single shot accuracy and power is awesome.  G3 sniper sniping is fun.  More so now, since it's harder to snipe with the PKM.

I only Spec-Ops if I need to blow up things.  My DAO just loves tearing through Spec-Ops squads.

Last edited by Ilocano (2006-05-05 10:09:52)

scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6659|Wigan. Manchester. England.
SpecOps does it for me. i find the G36C amazingly accurate. the c4 legendary. the pistol, meh silent...

pwns

even tho the assualt has a good gun *yawn*
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6664|Burmecia, Land of the Rain
to the guy who gave me postive cos he thought i liked negatives:

i guess you were pissed off at one of 2 things:

1) i said "wasting time" under my spec ops reasons..
or
2) they were my least used kits

so in return:

1) i only go spec ops usually if there's no one else of that class on our team.. as i'm not very good with it.. hence i'm only wasting my time trying
and
2) each to their own

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard