schuff
Exploding Fodder
+0|6748
I love it.  Excellent idea and EA should take note. =o  Chuy for hire!
DogGunn
DogGunn Eats BF2!
+4|6817
I was right, donation sent!
07>sin
mista sinista
+1|6815
i cant pull myself away from the graphs good job man
MegaBlast
+0|6751|UK
Just had a look at the stats graphs which look red hot.....  Really nice way of presenting them all round.

I know that you mentioned you had been keeping the data behind these for a coupleof weeks but how far are you going to let the history stretch to on the graphs?

Whilst i am posting about features of the site would there be any chance of including an "Average Score Per Round" in to the stats? I feel some cheek asking but i was looking at all the collected information and its all there just needs the maths and output (not as simple as it sounds i know).

Thanks for all the time and effort you put in to this site.  I (and i am sure there are others) would find it handy if you suggested a amount for donations as at present i have no idea what would be suitable.

Thanks Again.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6740|AUS, Canberra
its a grat feature, but stupid me, i click the link chuy put in a post to check it out, and im thinking to myself, this is wrong i dont have 5200 kills.......der.......its chuy's stats not mine........idiot
TrevorP
+0|6763
HOT SH*T! good work!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

schuff wrote:

Yeah, they still haven't sent me a big check for adding so much replay value to their community. I'm not exactly holding my breath either

MegaBlast wrote:

I know that you mentioned you had been keeping the data behind these for a coupleof weeks but how far are you going to let the history stretch to on the graphs?
Right now I plan on making it for at least a month at minimum. I may be able to retain records for as much as 6 months -- we'll see how fast the database grows.

MegaBlast wrote:

Whilst i am posting about features of the site would there be any chance of including an "Average Score Per Round" in to the stats? I feel some cheek asking but i was looking at all the collected information and its all there just needs the maths and output (not as simple as it sounds i know).
I'm kinda content with the ScorePerMinute that's reported by default. Both are simply Value Over Time attributes (better than others for determining actuall skill) so the benefit of one over the other is minimal. Suffice it to say, I'm not planning on switching/adding it.

MegaBlast wrote:

Thanks for all the time and effort you put in to this site.  I (and i am sure there are others) would find it handy if you suggested a amount for donations as at present i have no idea what would be suitable.
I've taken donations from as much as $100 all the way down to $0.72 -- whatever people give back is more than fine. The ads are what really pay for the site -- donations just get me a lunch once in a while
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6813|Bryan/College Station, TX
Just another feature and reason that BF2S is the number one quality site for Battlefield 2 on the web.
And it was featured in PC Gamer. Celebrity status.

Thanks Chuy for another great addition.

Cheers.

PS: BTW, see above that the ads are what pay for most of this site. So make a point on clicking on each ad once a day to keep the number of hits from these specific ads frequent. (I read a little bit about Google ads today)

Last edited by kilroy0097 (2005-10-22 21:03:31)

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6817|-

chuyskywalker wrote:

I've taken donations from as much as $100 all the way down to $0.72 -- whatever people give back is more than fine. The ads are what really pay for the site -- donations just get me a lunch once in a while
Whoa, someone donated $100?! Looks like I need to form a union!
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

Lol. Yeah, one time. The average donation is probably like 7$
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6817|-
No, seriously, I'm forming a union...
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6813|Bryan/College Station, TX
Hey Trigger I'll join. I figure I could pay quarterly donations. Would be kind of like membership dues. Though what kind of perks would your union provide? Benefits? Accidental Death and Dismemberment?
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

Er, seeing as Trigger does modding, I think he means Union as in, demanding wages kinda union, not paying me union
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6817|-

chuyskywalker wrote:

Er, seeing as Trigger does modding, I think he means Union as in, demanding wages kinda union, not paying me union
Haha, yeah that's what I meant

Although I have given my share in donations for this wonderful site
Unleashed2k
//kk thx.
+17|6732
Anyone made something similar to MSC clan's website and care to share the source?
SpanktorTheGreat
Bringer of slight pain and mild discomfort.
+1|6784
Awsome!
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6817|North Texas

Unleashed2k wrote:

Anyone made something similar to MSC clan's website and care to share the source?
I made that page, what specifically do you want? I can provide the basic code for the tables. Chuy's source is intact, with the exception of a couple of lines I use for the time/date of the XML cache. Other than that.. it's pretty straight forward.
Unleashed2k
//kk thx.
+17|6732

NM156 wrote:

Unleashed2k wrote:

I made that page, what specifically do you want? I can provide the basic code for the tables. Chuy's source is intact, with the exception of a couple of lines I use for the time/date of the XML cache. Other than that.. it's pretty straight forward.
I really liked how you did the tables, the comparing, the css. Whatever you want to share, go ahead, It would be much appreicated, and i'll link back to bf2s and your clan's site, since im using this for mine Email me the source @ [email protected]
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6817|North Texas
OK... I'll put something together, and provide a link to it in this thread sometime tomorrow.
str33k
+0|6817

NM156 wrote:

Unleashed2k wrote:

Id like the info on how you made it show last time updated and next update. Every time I try to do it I end upbreaking my leaderboard
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6795|Netherlands

schuff wrote:

Make it the other way round?  hahahaha.
Xicer
+0|6746
Problem: The graph won't show up in Firefox for some reason, but it shows up in IE

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

Xicer wrote:

Problem: The graph won't show up in Firefox for some reason, but it shows up in IE

Make sure you have Flash installed for FF. I *know* it works in FF because that's what I use daily and the site looks best in FF
AndrewPoison
T5 gemustert
+2|6794|Germany
"You are #7,949 of 11,740 in the queue. Approximate wait time is: 6h 37m 27s."

phew... the last days there were just like 20 or 30 people in the queue. now almost 12000.

chuy, did you change the speed of the updates or are really THAT many people lookin at their stats?

i know the times where like 30000 people were in the queue, but because of the last weeks, i thought that times were over ^^
-DS-Carbon
+0|6731|New Hampshire

AndrewPoison wrote:

"You are #7,949 of 11,740 in the queue. Approximate wait time is: 6h 37m 27s."

phew... the last days there were just like 20 or 30 people in the queue. now almost 12000.

chuy, did you change the speed of the updates or are really THAT many people lookin at their stats?

i know the times where like 30000 people were in the queue, but because of the last weeks, i thought that times were over ^^
I have found that if you check your stats at "non-peak" times (10:00pm-3:00pm eastern) there is like 0 wait.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard