ghettoperson
+1,943|6641

JohnG@lt wrote:

That video should've ended with "Vote Republican" That single line made the whole series for me.

(Helps I read the book a few years before the series came out too!)
Haha yes I loved that line.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6667|Canberra, AUS

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

I hear the whole Twilight series is about one innocent underage little girl deciding between necrophelia and bestiality.

Where's the poor concerned senator wringing his hands over that pile of steaming excrement?
I don't know if you can call those vampires undead, or the 'werewolves' animals. The former are sparkly fairy things, and the latter are human when they want to be.

And title fixed. FFS, "METAL of Honor?!"
Haha I was wondering how long it would take for that to be noticed
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6341|Belfast
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5742|شمال
am looking forward to kick some american ass as taliban
Spoiler (highlight to read):
mmuhahahahhhahahhahhhhaa...ahahhhahahahhaahha...ahh
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6613|London, England
So they're just talking about multiplayer or are they gonna have a single player campaign? If it's just multiplayer I don't understand the controversy... single player would be risky but very interesting. Meh, nobody even has the balls to do a half decent Nazi campaign.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6215|Escea

FatherTed wrote:

hey i've played as insurgent on PR on BF2 and i can fire an RPG!!!
That's nuthin', I've handled a REAL RPG
Beduin
+510|5742|شمال

henno13 wrote:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4311300/video-game-lets-you-be-the-taliban/?playlist_id=86857

The guest is brain dead.
I saw the video. I understand what the mother is saying, and I really feel for her.

I just cant stop thinking that one should be questioning the lack of responsibility behind the idea and the strategy of the actual war, not EA for releasing a game about the war.
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

Beduin wrote:

henno13 wrote:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/4311300/video-game-lets-you-be-the-taliban/?playlist_id=86857

The guest is brain dead.
I saw the video. I understand what the mother is saying, and I really feel for her.

I just cant stop thinking that one should be questioning the lack of responsibility behind the idea and the strategy of the actual war, not EA for releasing a game about the war.
No kidding....
Beduin
+510|5742|شمال

Turquoise wrote:

Beduin wrote:

henno13 wrote:

The guest is brain dead.

No kidding....
nope
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.
I think anything should be allowed in games. Sure, the general populace can't handle extreme violence or semi controversial missions but they can go ahead and not play it.

Al basra on pr was some of my best gaming times.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

M.O.A.B wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Which one? Neverwinter Nights?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6397|North Carolina

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Which one? Neverwinter Nights?
Nah man...  Fallout 3... 
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
baldurs gate hellooooo
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
Miniature giant space hamster.

Last edited by Doctor Strangelove (2010-08-17 17:19:00)

-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5466|Ventura, California

ghettoperson wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

That video should've ended with "Vote Republican" That single line made the whole series for me.

(Helps I read the book a few years before the series came out too!)
Haha yes I loved that line.
I loved it too.

Mekstizzle wrote:

So they're just talking about multiplayer or are they gonna have a single player campaign? If it's just multiplayer I don't understand the controversy... single player would be risky but very interesting. Meh, nobody even has the balls to do a half decent Nazi campaign.
This

I cannot believe how fucking sensitive people are about this kind of stuff. I used to not like shooting the Marines in Call of Duty so I knew what it meant to be retarded, but these are adults have no excuse for that stupidity.

I hope some company makes a Nazi WW2 game where you play the campaign as an SS rifleman.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I hope some company makes a Nazi WW2 game where you play the campaign as an SS rifleman.
would be a bit of a boring campaign, innit. half the campaign-content you'd just be sat on the back of trucks riding into countries and annexing them.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

Uzique wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

would be a bit of a boring campaign, innit. half the campaign-content you'd just be sat on the back of trucks riding into countries and annexing them.
and eat schnitzels.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6141|'straya

Uzique wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

and the other half would be on the back of trucks driving all the way from Stalingrad to Berlin
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Uzique wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

and the other half would be on the back of trucks driving all the way from Stalingrad to Berlin
the 'doing guard duty' in concentration camps levels would be a thrill, though... all that paperwork! i just hope there's Xbox LIVE achievs!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Uzique wrote:

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Uzique wrote:

the 'doing guard duty' in concentration camps levels would be a thrill, though... all that paperwork! i just hope there's Xbox LIVE achievs!
But shifty could role play his ambition to bring more lebensraum to the master race.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5466|Ventura, California
Galt you nob
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
BVC
+325|6688
*shrug*

No different than playing as the nazis or japs in Battlefield 1942, or as NVA/VC in Battlefield Vietnam.  And this IS a forum based around games in the Battlefield series..

Last edited by Pubic (2010-08-18 01:47:11)

LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6477|England
some people just can't handle the truth, they can't deal with both sides of the story not even in a game.
cdailey2142
Flesh Peddler
+14|5055
This is a joke of a question. This is a stupid as asking shuold we export airsoft guns overseas since they could be used to train young terrorists. Pure stupid topic.
The_Sniper_NM
Official EVGA Fanboy
+94|6106|SC | USA |
Of course its only a big deal when the game makes millions of dollars and has a large playerbase.

The option of playing Taliban/Insurgent forces in PR has been around for ever...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard