Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6705
Yes, we should be ashamed.  We should be ashamed that the US government is borrowing obscene amounts of money from Europe and Asia that it can't possibly pay back and handing it out to every needy country in the world.  This is stealing.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6684|United States of America
To be fair about my indifference, I didn't really care about the oil spill and I'll go so far as to say even Katrina didn't stir me.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

DesertFox- wrote:

To be fair about my indifference, I didn't really care about the oil spill and I'll go so far as to say even Katrina didn't stir me.
i take it then, that you don't live in New Orleans?
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6670|UK
desertfox you're unamerican.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6715|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

CapnNismo wrote:

jord wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

You're right, I didn't do a very good job on the title. I'm going to drop the second half of it and leave it at that on my blog.
Perhaps the broadcasters ought to be a tad ashamed but I've seen it covered on the bbc numerous times the last few days.
As have I. The BBC has done a very good job covering it. The Europeans have done a much better job but talking to my friends in the US they say they see little blurbs about it here and there but nothing like what happened with Haiti (as the most recent example).
TBH, this doesn't surprise me.  It's election season in the US and there's so much political blood in the water right now that the mainstream media isn't going to report on much else.  It's sad that they aren't showing more about this, but not surprising with the current political climate.
cdailey2142
Flesh Peddler
+14|5062
Don't you think it's time we start to deal with issues at home and quit being the worlds police and rescue team. There are plenty of other countries that can certainly help out with this. We have enough to deal with between the Gulf Oil spill, the war, economic instability and a host of other issues. I'm tired of seeing us borrow money from China and then send borrowed money to help out other countries. Let them borrow frmo China just like us. Why should we run up our tab and become more in debt for these third world shit holes.
Benzin
+576|5997

cdailey2142 wrote:

Don't you think it's time we start to deal with issues at home and quit being the worlds police and rescue team. There are plenty of other countries that can certainly help out with this. We have enough to deal with between the Gulf Oil spill, the war, economic instability and a host of other issues. I'm tired of seeing us borrow money from China and then send borrowed money to help out other countries. Let them borrow frmo China just like us. Why should we run up our tab and become more in debt for these third world shit holes.
You're right. The US needs to drastically cut down on its military spending.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

CapnNismo wrote:

cdailey2142 wrote:

It does, and it needs to stop sending billions of dollars overseas in aid as well.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA
Haiti was different because it was closer and every fuck head celebrity itiching for publicity could easily race to Haiti and pick up a starving child and pose for the comera.
jord
+2,382|6677|The North, beyond the wall.

JohnG@lt wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

cdailey2142 wrote:

It does, and it needs to stop sending billions of dollars overseas in aid as well.
So does the uk, but what politician is going to have removing aid as a policy?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6650|USA

jord wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

there is nothing the Islamic terrorists would like better than to cut military spending. Their is nothing the liberals, China, North korea, Iran, etc would like better either.

Last edited by lowing (2010-08-18 09:53:15)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5357|London, England

jord wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

None. It's one thing to run a telethon or whatever to raise money privately and then send that overseas. That's noble. It's an entirely different thing to take tax dollars and send them overseas. Taxes are supposed to be levied in order to further whatever common ends we possess as a nation. They're not supposed to be used overseas so that a handful of bleeding hearts at home can feel good about themselves at the expense of the rest of us

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-08-18 10:02:02)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard