Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6113|eXtreme to the maX

TehMyke wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

So BF3 may be out in a year?

Penis wrote:

Beta offer is contingent on Beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release.
That wording is somewhat ambiguous.

Email I got from EA
Owners of the Medal of Honor Limited Edition & Medal of Honor Tier 1 Editions will receive an invitation to the beta for another highly-anticipated EA shooter, Battlefield 3™. The Battlefield 3 beta will open within 12-months following the release of Medal of Honor. Battlefield 3 is the latest entry in the award-winning shooter franchise from DICE in Stockholm, Sweden.
So the Beta will be out within 12 months of MoH.
And what are the system specs of MoH or BF3?

OMG OMG OMG MoH has the MP7 OMG OMG OMG

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-08-03 06:50:29)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Bevo wrote:

Didn't the PC version of BC2 outsell the consoles combined?
Not even close.

People are constantly misinterpreting a comment made right when the game came out to assume that. The PC version sold nowhere near that well.
PC version definitly did not outsale the two consoles combined, however it does have the most active players. These are the numbers from Jan 2010:

1 384 246 PC Players
1 367 125 Xbox 360 Players
1 195 155 PS3 Players

So PC marginally beats the Xbox 360 in terms of active players, however nowhere near combined. This of course does not show the amount of copies sold.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6461|Ontario, Canada
this thing has so much potential, they better not screw it up... didn't they try and pull this beta key activation junk on us for bf2142?
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
BVC
+325|6703
I hope they bring back F-key radio calls.

And I hope it doesn't suffer from consolitis.

Last edited by Pubic (2010-08-14 03:11:28)

HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5492|Bolingbrook, Illinois
EA: We don’t want to disturb Battlefield 3 devs with “marketing and PR”
VG247 asked EA if Battlefield 3 will be revealed at the upcoming Gamescom conference in Germany this month. It wouldn't really be an announcement if EA spilled the beans early, so the vague answer is not to surprising. Although the "marketing and PR" has already started for Battlefield 3 with Medal of Honor Limited Edition buyers getting Battlefield 3 beta access.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EA’s refused to confirm to VG247 if Battlefield 3 will be revealed at gamescom this month, saying it wants to give developer DICE more time to “craft the game” without marketing and PR.

The publisher said last week that a beta of the shooter will be included with the release of Medal of Honor in October, the game’s first mention.

But while refusing to say explicitly whether or not it’ll be in Cologne in two weeks time for the firm’s press conference, it’s not sounding very hopeful.

“Battlefield 3 is one of the most anticipated games in the world, and we want to give the dev team as much time and privacy to craft the game without disturbing them with marketing/PR,” EA said in a statement.

“In the meantime, everyone is excited to launch MOH and we hope you’ll play that beta and enjoy that game this fall.”

Other then last week’s news of the beta, nothing has been revealed of the game.

Medal of Honor releases in October for PS3, 360 and PC.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VG247.com
HaiBai
Why Battlefield 3 will be a success - EuroGamers
EuroGamers.eu posted an interesting write up talking about possible features Battlefield 3 might have.

Would BF2 + Frostbite = BF3 be enough to please the community?

It is perhaps a sad reflection of the state of our collective mood that we would gladly welcome a regurgitated BF2, with Frostbite, as the new BF3. To have those huge maps again, with umpteen vehicles on them, the freedom to flank and pull off a higher level of teamwork, along with a full (or at least partial) destruction engine would satisfy pretty much everyone.

But should that be enough for us, should we be expecting (some might say demanding) more? Although many of us look back at BF2 with rose-tinted spectacles, and I must admit I look back at BF2142 in the same way, it should be remembered that in some ways BF2 actually reduced the things you could do. In BF2 there were no large sea vessels a player could control, the maps were often smaller than BF1942 etc. Personally I had expected 64+ player servers, that didn't happen.

Despite this trend, and the fact we would probably simply be happy with BF2 + FB I think we should expect some new features in BF3. Gaming has moved on since BF2 was released, so lets take a look at some of the possible new features. Read the rest...

HaiBai
1UP: What We Want For Battlefield 3
1UP has posted their own version of a wishlist for BF3, which also has a lot in common with the BF community. Check it out!

Battlefield 3, long rumored, is finally on its way. We always assumed DICE was secretly tinkering with this while making the Battlefield Bad Company series, and while there's been off-the-cuff remarks from ex-DICE personnel, EA itself hasn't formally acknowledged the game until last week's announcement of the BF3 beta being bundled with the limited edition of Medal of Honor. But that's all that's been said about it -- so we're still pretty much in the dark as to what we'll get with Battlefield 3.

All we know is that BF3 seems to be a multi-platform release (by virtue of being bundled with Medal of Honor), so it will not only be on PC, but also on PS3 and 360. That, and it's likely to use the Frostbite 2.0 engine (as good as Bad Company 2 was, it was still technically Frostbite one-point-something). Basically, we want the aesthetics and destruction of BC2 with the scope and scale of BF2. At the moment, we're going to roll with a near-future setting; even though BC2 does a pretty good job with the modern-to-future gear, we'd like those aesthetics to be brought into a deeper and more interesting game in BF3. Anyhow, here are some more of our humble suggestions to DICE.

More players: First off, let's bring back the idea of 64 or more players in a BF match. BF2 demonstrated that absolute madness and memories come about from jamming tons of people onto a map and watching chaos ensue, and the 24-player limit of BC2 pales in comparison to the best of BF2. MAG has shown that it's possible to do 256 players in a single session on a console, so BF3 needs to step up its player numbers. I realize it's unreasonable to ask for 256 players plus fully destructible environments, but surely we can get a decent chunk more than BC2's 24, and still maintain fidelity in demolition.

More command: With all the craziness going on, it's time to bring back the Commander. Have a player call the big shots for his team out in the field. Have him survey the map, and perform his BF2 duties of calling in bigger artillery, dropping in supplies, and using radar to guide everyone. But in addition, let's give him more cool tasks. How about calling in (and guiding) a cruise missile? Or maybe designating squad deployment areas -- so that individual soldiers can opt to either spawn on top of their squad like in BC2, or jump into one of the Commander's designated spot.

More vehicles: To complement the massive map size, let's get back to having something like 30-plus vehicles of all kinds. Why limit the game to light tanks and jeeps? Let's have APCs and boats and gunships. Let's have multiple types of heavy tanks. Bring back the glory days of coordinating vehicle rides to cross the expansive maps. Heck, let's bring back jets. Air power shouldn't just be helicopters -- BF3 could herald the glorious return of F-15s and the A10 while also adding things like the AC130 or a B2. Sure, people will still invariably suck at piloting them, but man alive, the ability to pound the map with 105mm howitzers will make up for lackluster pilots. Read the rest...

Last edited by HaiBai (2010-08-15 12:31:46)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6721|Purplicious Wisconsin
Only reason MAG has tons of people is due to shitty graphics and cheap/easy gameplay; looking back at the commander system of bf2/2142 I realize it wasn't good, they should either enhance it by introducing the ability to create buildings and producing vehicles for team no commander abilities excep supply drop and UAV, or just remove it as it isn't needed; as for more types of vehicles I completely agree.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jimbo145
Resident Pimp
+15|6277|Upstate Noo Yawk

War Man wrote:

looking back at the commander system of bf2/2142 I realize it wasn't good, they should either enhance it by introducing the ability to create buildings and producing vehicles for team no commander abilities excep supply drop and UAV, or just remove it as it isn't needed;
Personally I loved the chance to take the command role after a few rounds of fighting. With a good team that squads up and squad leaders that talk to the commander it ended up being a very unique battlefield experience.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6576|Mountains of NC

this game and this game alone would be the only reason to up-date my desktop .......... I havn't done anything to it since '05
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6675

I wonder how many people will rage when the jets, helicopters, and heavy armors can be taken out as easily as the heli and tanks can on BC2.
War Man

Jimbo145 wrote:

War Man wrote:

looking back at the commander system of bf2/2142 I realize it wasn't good, they should either enhance it by introducing the ability to create buildings and producing vehicles for team no commander abilities excep supply drop and UAV, or just remove it as it isn't needed;
Personally I loved the chance to take the command role after a few rounds of fighting. With a good team that squads up and squad leaders that talk to the commander it ended up being a very unique battlefield experience.
I know, but they should make the commander more useful as well as bring back the classic arty system of vietnam and 1942. And get rid of commander spotting targets except when using UAV, I hated hearing "Enemy infantry spotted" every fucking second.

Last edited by War Man (2010-08-17 13:45:42)

thepilot91
+64|6244|Åland!

War Man wrote:

Jimbo145 wrote:

War Man wrote:

I know, but they should make the commander more useful as well as bring back the classic arty system of vietnam and 1942. And get rid of commander spotting targets except when using UAV, I hated hearing "Enemy infantry spotted" every fucking second.
simply have a *mute commander voice/sound* button , good commanders is the best that ever happend , I love when you don't even have to ask for a supplydrop when your tank was low on health and when the GOODcommanding commander sees your squad is advancing and making progress in comparisment to others that he helps you via voip/commander assets .
the only real bad thing about the commander is that there are BAD commanders, but I like bf2s system to deal with it: the highest rank gets to be commander.
HaiBai
Battlefield Community Q&A at Gamescom 2010
Early this morning in Cologne, Germany, a Battlefield Q&A session was held answering some questions from the community. Unfortunately, it was quite disappointing since it was made clear from the beginning that nothing about Battlefield 3 or Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam would be discussed, and later nothing about Battlefield 1943 PC "until they are 110% ready". The same old questions (mod tools?) and same old answers (Frostbite is too complicated) popped up again.

The full copy and paste from the live tweeting of the Q&A can be found below.

Community Q&A with DICE's Daniel Matros

Written by: zh1nt0

Gamescom 2010
Community Q&A with Battlefield Community Manager, Daniel Matros (aka zh1nt0)
Cologne, Germany - August 19, 2010
Via live tweets from @zh1nt0

Lots of applause right now. Just starting the Q&A.

We are going to have a Dog Tag competition to win some awesome real life DICE Dog Tags. (After the Q&A)

"I am here to reply to YOUR questions"

There will be no more information on #BF3 and #BFBC2V, there will be more news released later down the road.

Like contests and competitions such as the Twitter Contests and playing with the Devs.

"I want to make the community a smaller place, something that is more close."

"What is happening with the community right now" Dog Tag hunt with @Gamm4 every month with nice prizes."

Community Pressroom- Gathering newsposters and opinion maker to spread news. Anything posted by me in the Com. Pressroom is 100% official

Competitive support- We are working with ESL to provide great prizes and support. Not just for #BFBC2 but #BF2 also.

Now we are accepting ideas from the Community.

"New maps, why do we need new maps?" Send in your answers.

"Because they are old maps with different modes" Need the maps to be balanced more.

"Why not give the community the tools to make the maps if there is not time for the devs?"

"We will not release mod tools for #BFBC2" "It is not that we don't want to" The problem is the engine is to complicated in its current form

Q:"What happened to maps 10 and 11?" A:"I have never heard of that, I will get an answer from DICE look for my answer on twitter"

Had a huge response to the "What you would like?" thread on the EA UK forums. Looking into how to go about the requests if they are possible

"I don't see #BFBC2 on PC as a console port"

"SPECACT kits are awesome" We are working on it to get added to the PC version, the kits were making the game crash. We are working on it.

Will keep supporting BC2 and we are looking at the suggestions and bugs. Are pinpointing the issues and looking into releasing more patches

Knife bug is do to lag, related to the EA servers.

BF1943 for PC is in development and will release more information on it when we are 110% ready.

BF2142 patch is in testing at Combat Testing and we are looking to roll the patch out in the coming weeks.

"What I want from BF3 is large scale competition support"

Battlerecorder is not ready for Frostbite, what we use is an internal version that is not very good.

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5245|Cleveland, Ohio
lol i got that gun club email from EA....it said the bf3 beta access is included with the MOH game.  go fuck yourselves.  the MOH beta was shit.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6461|The Twilight Zone

11 Bravo wrote:

lol i got that gun club email from EA....it said the bf3 beta access is included with the MOH game.  go fuck yourselves.  the MOH beta was shit.
yeah I agree, I played the beta for 30 minutes then I puked on my EA T-Shirt. It was that bad. Map was also boring.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6573|Area 51
So they've basically made an engine that can pretty much support..nothing.

No mod tools, no battlerecorder, has shitty knive bugs and has no prone.
thepilot91
+64|6244|Åland!

RDMC wrote:

... but so true...sadly
War Man
Lol at the guy saying he doesn't consider BC2 a console port, fucking moron.

RDMC wrote:

Prone can be added, dice just don't want it.

Ah well, what will be new for 2142 patch?
Vector
Missing in Action
+6|5543|Cerbere Landing
this thread is extra awesome now that Battlefield 3 has been konfirmed. <3 I'll have to read all the new posts later.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6164|Vancouver | Canada
Enable prone for snipers, disable it for all other classes.

Done.
thepilot91
+64|6244|Åland!

DefCon-17 wrote:

Done.
this , and maybe supports as well
jaydevil2003
+2|6337|CANADA
Whats wrong with prone?  I think they should have prone in BF3.  I think that not having prone takes ALOT away from the game.  Lying prone is and should be apart of a combat came. I would rather they postpone its release another 2 years just to add it in.  I will seriously reconsider getting this game if it is written out.  I think the Commander should be there too.  And the F key command rose. The reason that BF2 was as successful as it was, was Because of these features.  Writing them out only makes BF another run and gun. I mean, Geez, keep making the maps smaller and its just a wanna be COD.  I LOVED BF2 and I thinkt they should really think hard about how they change this game.  Making it more like COD is not necissarily a good thing.   On the other hand wouldn't it be nice to have bf3 LIKE COD4 but, with a commander, BIG maps and vehicles AND PRONE!!
War Man

DefCon-17 wrote:

Done.
Then I suggest no prone at all, either for all classes or none.

Last edited by War Man (2010-09-06 21:12:25)

Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6007|The Mitten

War Man wrote:

DefCon-17 wrote:

Done.
Then I suggest no prone at all, either for all classes or none.
This TBH.
If they want to combat "dolphin diving" (which it seems they pretty well sorted out) either delay the time to go prone after a jump, or make it wildly inaccurate for the time you're going to prone... not remove the whole damn feature.
EE (hats

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard