rdx-fx
+955|6562

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Those videos were found to be a hoax, and the guy who made them got arrested for trying to wiretap the campaign office of some Democrat somewhere.
And how were they a hoax?

Watch the videos I linked, read the Senate and House resolutions, google the related articles.

Were those not ACORN advisors?
Were they actors, and the whole thing staged?
Were the statements they made edited to sound like something different?

Were they not giving advice to a pimp and prostitute on how to lie to police, scam the government, or break the law?

Those advisers weren't being fed baited questions - they were dumping much more information than what was being asked for.
They were volunteering advice on how to lie, cheat, steal, and commit felony acts.

Now, your proof that this was all a hoax, with no merit, no factual basis... ?

Right.  If the side you choose to believe says "it's a hoax", you can just go with that.
"These are not the droids we're looking for.  Move along.  Move along."

Last edited by rdx-fx (2010-08-04 15:32:28)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

"I argue the death penalty clearly should be considered here," he said. "He clearly aided the enemy to what may result in the death of U.S. soldiers . . . If that is not a capital offense, I don't know what is."
Same for Bush and Cheney.
You really need to get over that. It's been almost ten years. Are you going to lie on your deathbed bitching about how Bush and Cheney ruined your life? Please.
Its been ten years, ten years of our soldiers dying and in steadily increasing numbers, this can be pinned squarely on those two Neo-Cons with an agenda.

If your CIA, which seems to have an agenda all its own, is continuing to lie I think thats significant also.

The little guy gets hanged, the big guy takes up a directorship in the military-industrial complex, it needs to stop.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-08-04 16:36:03)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

You really need to get over that. It's been almost ten years. Are you going to lie on your deathbed bitching about how Bush and Cheney ruined your life? Please.
Its been ten years, ten years of our soldiers dying and in steadily increasing numbers, this can be pinned squarely on those two Neo-Cons with an agenda.

If your CIA, which seems to have an agenda all its own, is continuing to lie I think thats significant also.

The little guy gets hanged, the big guy takes up a directorship in the military-industrial complex, it needs to stop.
Well if it is that simple where is your savior Obama with his promised troop withdrawls?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Bush was great up to the end & Cheney is a God, may they both enjoy the rest of their days in peacefull bliss.
Why must people's perceptions of Bush be hyperbolic?  I'm not saying Bush was the worst president we've had, but he certainly wasn't a "great" president either.

The marks against Cheney seem mostly justified though -- he was one of the most manipulative vice presidents we've ever had.  He's on the same level as Spiro Agnew when it comes to corruption.
I was just tweaking Dil as it seems he can't make it through a thread without bashing Bush or Israel.  I liked Bush up until the end.  I never knew why he did those bailouts (didn't agree) and couldn't figure out why he didn't defend himself more when the d's/media started slandering him. 

Compared to this administration, Cheney isn't corrupt.  Go on though -bring up Haliburton.
Well, since you brought it up, it's worth mentioning that the corruption of Halliburton extends beyond just Iraq.  They were the company most responsible for this oil spill -- rather than BP.

So not only is Halliburton corrupt, but they're apparently so well connected that even a Democratic led government won't touch them after fucking up yet another operation.

Given Cheney's long history of war profiteering, I'd say he still is far more corrupt than Obama and Biden.  Although admittedly, Chris Dodd and Barney Frank might be close in their levels of corruption.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

Obama is your saviour, not mine
not hardly, that fucker is the anti-Christ
Turquoise
O Canada

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Obama is a watered down liberal with banking connections.  He's not the anti-christ, he's just a charismatic speaker that isn't as insane as his competition.

Granted, anyone that isn't far right would seem to be the anti-christ in your opinion.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

For-profit wars started by Obama?
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

For-profit wars started by Obama?
Again I ask, if it is a simple as you make it out to be, why does Obama have us there?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

Again I ask, if it is a simple as you make it out to be, why does Obama have us there?
Because its not always so simple to climb out of a hole someone else has dug.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

Because its not always so simple to climb out of a hole someone else has dug.
I kinda like to think the hole was dug long before Bush got into office...but that is just me.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

lowing wrote:

I kinda like to think the hole was dug long before Bush got into office...but that is just me.
It is just you.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

It is just you.
Yeah I know, there was peace in the Middle East until Bush came along and fucked it all up
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

lowing wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

lowing wrote:

It is just you.
Yeah I know, there was peace in the Middle East until Bush came along and fucked it all up
Not to mention the UN gave the US the go ahead to invade. Aritcle 7 of the UN charter is a bitch aint it. 15-0 votes in SC lelz.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

To be fair, the people of Iraq are better off now than they were ten years ago. It hasn't all been for naught.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

To be fair, the people of Iraq are better off now than they were ten years ago. It hasn't all been for naught.
Apart from the dead ones, and the ones now under fundamental as opposed to moderate Islam.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-08-04 18:24:59)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Apart from the dead ones.
And how many more would be dead under Saddams rule? Quit being hyperbolic. In the long run they're better off.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Depends, if, as is likely, a large part of Iraq falls to Iranian rule will they be better off?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Depends, if, as is likely, a large part of Iraq falls to Iranian rule will they be better off?
Maybe, maybe not. At least the Iranian government isn't in the habit of committing genocide against its own people.

As we saw last year with the election riots, the Iranian government is teetering on the brink anyway. They couldn't afford to annex parts of Iraq and bring in yet more malcontents.
-Frederick Bastiat
Turquoise
O Canada

Dilbert_X wrote:

Initially, this seemed likely.  At this point, however, it looks more like Iran will collapse into a civil war.

I have a feeling that the Ayatollah's days are numbered.
rdx-fx
+955|6562

Dilbert_X wrote:

If the part that falls under Iranian rule is the Shia populated areas, then good.

Iraq, under Saddam, was Sunni controlled and the Shia were 2nd class citizens (at best).

Not sure how the Arab Shia would get along any better with Persian Shia rulers, though.

Persian Shia seems like it's "Shia heart, Sunni mind".

Absorbing the Iraqi Sunni population, though, would put more stress on an already interesting political and social landscape there.

Also worth note, The Wahabbist & Sunni Kingdom of Saud wouldn't be a big fan of a larger Persian Shia state.

And, if the hardliner Persian clergy weren't in power, the Shia would be more likely to live peacefully with the Western World.
(OBL is a product of Saudi Arabian/Sunni/Wahabbiist thought)

If our American leadership would get a damn clue, they'd realize that we do not have to Westernize Iraq and Afghanistan.
Let Saudi Arabia (Sunni / Arab) and Iran (Persian / Shia) duke it out over leadership of the Islamic World.
If they weren't fighting us, they'd be fighting each other...

Tell Pakistan to go fuck themselves too, until they disband the ISI for the plague-works that it has been for the entirety of it's existence too.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2010-08-04 23:02:04)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
We should have allied with Iran when we had the chance.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
Reports of the Taliban killing key village elders are starting to surface. The leaked military documents has enough information exposing who is working with the coalition forces. The leak does undermine our efforts and diminished any trust from the people. The thoughtless act of divulging information without thinking of the ramifications falls into the mindset of a child who has not learned the cause and effect of his/her behavior.
The guy is a douche and a tool, he could of waited till the war was over or some how blackened out names of people in order to protect their identity but he didn't. NOW, he is no better than the Apache pilots who accidentally killed the journalist and bystanders trying to help.
I hope this stirs up his conscious even more, the fool!

RISK / REWARD: RISKED people's live and his career / REWARDED infamous notoriety

There is an old naval saying: Loose Lips Sink Ships

Any side may agree on this saying: Snitches get Stitches
13rin
+977|6449

Turquoise wrote:

Well, since you brought it up, it's worth mentioning that the corruption of Halliburton extends beyond just Iraq.  They were the company most responsible for this oil spill -- rather than BP.

So not only is Halliburton corrupt, but they're apparently so well connected that even a Democratic led government won't touch them after fucking up yet another operation.

Given Cheney's long history of war profiteering, I'd say he still is far more corrupt than Obama and Biden.  Although admittedly, Chris Dodd and Barney Frank might be close in their levels of corruption.
Cheney gave his haliburton proceeds to chairity.  Haliburton is not responsible for the oil spill any more than a gun manufacture is responsible for someone killing someone with its product. 

Cheney has helped the US.  Dodd and Frank fucked the country over.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6456|England

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

And how many more would be dead under Saddams rule? Quit being hyperbolic. In the long run they're better off.
Lol, thats a joke right?

because if its not you truly are a fucknut.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

LostFate wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Lol, thats a joke right?

because if its not you truly are a fucknut.
You really don't care if you live in a dictatorship where people are killed on a whim and you're forced to live in fear for your life and the lives of your daughters? You would give up your freedom so easily?

I'm not justifying the war, I was against it as soon as it was announced. What I am saying is that we can't change the past, what's done is done, and if we look at the situation realistically now, the people of Iraq are better off now than they were ten years ago, or will be presently.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard