Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

The only thing I can find wrong with Billy Corgan's voice is that he's nasally as fuck. Get past that the guys still an incredibly talented musician and his singing is at least in tune and fits with his style of music.

But yeah, nasally as fuck.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Brasso
+1,549|6600

mtb0minime wrote:

Brasso wrote:

mtb0minime wrote:

Billy Corgan from Smashing Pumpkins
holy fuck you're nuts.  Geddy Lee, Chris Cornell = legends
I still like SP, but you can't deny that Corgan's voice is a bit whiny.
it is, you're right, and that's the appeal.  he sounds like a girl.  same with the singer from silversun pickups.  (the obscene amount of similarities between those two bands is a story for another day, btw )
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

jsnipy wrote:

Bob Dylan
I love him to death but yeah.

He just has a voice that works for what he does. Same with AC/DC.

Would you really want Justin Bieber being the lead man for Aerosmith? Didn't think so.
Engineer_Fox
Has a horse outside
+48|5153|Hague City Firm - Holland
Lemmy Killmister, lead singer of Motorhead..

FFS, grmbl grmbl, mrfgm grumbl grumbl, a chainsaw has more going for it.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Dylan's not much of a good singer, but shit, he can rhyme.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Some singers deserve exemption just becase their voice fits so well wit what they do. Bob Dylan ranks here, as does Leonard Cohen, Tom Waits as well as people like Lemmy Kilmister, Brian Johnson, and Billy Corgan.

I reckon Tom Waits is great, an awesome artist, I just love his whole vibe. But for singing...

He does voices like that on purpose to add to the artistry of the song but it's not particularly melodic and pleasant to listen to.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

Not a band, but I can't stand Eminem's voice.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6602

Home wrote:

i agree 100%, he annoys the fuck out of me.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

Gooners wrote:

Home wrote:

i agree 100%, he annoys the fuck out of me.
lil boosie, lil wayne, and soulja boy

tbh
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6488|USA
yours
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
Nickelback.

Shitty band, disgustingly shitty singer.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
Scott Stapp - Creed. Seriously, that guys voice makes me want to kill babies.

A very accurate cover of creed
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Gilbert Gottfried
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Engineer_Fox wrote:

Rock out, with your cock out. Impress your ladyfriends!

Axl Rose sounds like a broken cat. MEEEEEOOOOOOOW-OU-OU SWEET CHILD OF MEOOOOOOOW. And he's a fatty.

Linkin Park. That idiot should stop singing.

Limp Bizkit. Fred can go eat hot dogs.

And a shitload of Finnish metal bands with vocalists who think they know can english spoken.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England
The guy from Aerosmith. I don't care what anyone says his voice  is annoying as fuck.
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6126|Vancouver | Canada
Don't forget viking death metal.

Rofl.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

Brian Molko. He hits the notes but I can't stand his drawl. There was a guy at my school who was in a decent enough band but he was a big Placebo fan and tried to emulate Molko's voice - and I can tell you with a Kiwi accent that is fucking Hell.

(Actually if I remember correctly he was an Aussie dude.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
Deep Purple would've been such a nice band if Gillan wasn't their lead singer.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York

JakAttaK wrote:

The guy from Aerosmith. I don't care what anyone says his voice  is annoying as fuck.
get the fuck outttt steven tyler will stab you with his needles.

I think some of you think that a frontman needs an amazing, Justin Bieber (<3) like voice that's American Idol worthy. Not at all. There's a reason Steven Tyler and Brian Johnson are rated some of the best frontmen of all time. What they do and how their voice is is the best in their respected field.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6745|Noizyland

It's no a question of "best frontmen" though. Some of the best singers make shitty frontmen and some shitty singers make great frontmen. Look at Chad Kroeger, the dude can sing but fuck you just want to hit him in his stupid sheep face.
[Blinking eyes thing]
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6294|New Haven, CT
Basically anyone who sings in hipster bands like Train or MGMT.
Chou
+737|6761
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6296|England

Poseidon wrote:

JakAttaK wrote:

I think some of you think that a frontman needs an amazing, Justin Bieber (<3) like voice that's American Idol worthy. Not at all. There's a reason Steven Tyler and Brian Johnson are rated some of the best frontmen of all time. What they do and how their voice is is the best in their respected field.
Sure he is a good frontman. But the title is voices that suck, and this guys voice is shit. Also, he looks like a woman mixed with a monkey.
From 3.30 he takes what was a pretty good, heartfelt song....and fucking ruins it:
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5931|Places 'n such

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Engineer_Fox wrote:

Axl Rose sounds like a broken cat. MEEEEEOOOOOOOW-OU-OU SWEET CHILD OF MEOOOOOOOW. And he's a fatty.

Limp Bizkit. Fred can go eat hot dogs.

And a shitload of Finnish metal bands with vocalists who think they know can english spoken.
These.
Motorhead are the loudest band ive ever seen, bar none. Couldn't understand a word of what lemmy was saying.
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
Christbane
+51|6205

Poseidon wrote:

JakAttaK wrote:

Brian Johnson does fuck all on stage.  I said it before and will say it again  AC/DC died when Bonn died end of story.  Tyler is all over the stage and is a top notch rock front man even though aerosmith has sucked since their comeback album 20 years ago.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard