chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

Today's update isn't really so big, but it adds two very cool new features that I am SURE are going to be quite popular. Here's what's new:

Trending Graphs on Profiles
BF2S.com has been tracking players trends for about two weeks and now the results are available in a snazzy Flash chart on your profile page. You can use the menu to choose from pregrouped sets of graphs, or choose to look at an individual stat from the 26 that I'm tracking.

How to keep your trends up-to-date: Every time your profile is updated, if the last time trend data was stored was over 24 hours ago, new trend data is put in for your account. The simplest way to keep your trending data up to date is just visit your profile page once a day. As a side note, leaderboard queries cause the same update.

As always, you can clique aqui to check it out.

Note: There is a small bug where the last hover number, if long enough, might fall off the display. I'm aware, and trying to find a fix.

XML Feed
Grab the leaderboard and put it on your own site via the BF2S MyLeaderBoard XML Feed.

If you run a PHP site, I've already done all the heavy lifting and have put together a PHP API for you to use complete with readme and examples. Other languages, I'm sorry, I didn't have time (nor do I know perl, ruby, python, asp, etc ;p) If you do use one of those other languages and plan on making your own API, please note a few things:

1) Be kind, release it back to the public.
2) Use some sort of caching (mysql, file, whatever)
3) Please, only use PID's with the feed.
4) The PID limit for the XML feed is 64

#2 is super important because the BF2S.com server WILL BLOCK YOU from pulling more than 3 feeds every 6 hours. (Note, that terminology is correct, this means you could pull one feed every two hours, or three different feeds every 6 hours -- either way.)

Links:
- Readme <- seriously, read this if you're going to use it.
- Examples & Examples Source View <- See how easy the PHP API is to use?
- Download
- And an example from the MSC clan of how they use it

Why isn't this a full stats package!?!
Since I know this question is going to come up, I might as well answer it right off the bat.

First of all, I am using an XML feed from EA that is not available to the general public (yet). This means that evern IF I gave away my code, you couldn't use it anyway.

Secondly, I don't want to support it. I can spend my time developing more cool features, or I can spend it making sure the package works on Server X with OS y on PHP version Z with this one weird config file. What-the-fuck-ever.

Finally, I got tired of people ripping my work off. Let me explain this one a little better because it's the main reason I'm not releasing a full package again...

When I released the last package, people were happy. It was free and the only thing I asked for was that I was properly credited for the work I did. Guess what? Not only did asshats around the globe start taking out the link to my site (the only 'payment' I asked for!) but they also started passing the package off as their own work and then, on top of all that bullshit, and I can't emphasis this enough,  ASKING FOR DONATIONS FOR "THEIR HARD WORK". Suffice it to say, a few bad apples have ruied the bunch.

Minor Updates
- Linked Unlocks
  The unlocks on the player page are now linked to the appropriate section of UBAR.
- Favorite/Worst Moved
  Slid the favorite and worst from the EA feed over to the right side table.
kingjes
+4|6732|Atwater, Ca
just checked my stats and the graohs are sikk! I sent my PalPal Donation to ya! good work and thanx.
-jes
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6817|-
Nice! Really liking the graphs, but I gotta say that some of the graphs that are just Time doing something seem a little useless since it will always start out low and end high.
TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6795|Netherlands
Wonderfull!!  Brilliant.
HotButter
+0|6817|Arizona
Wow very very nice feature, I love it.
jnick
+22|6752
Chuy,

The graphs are VERY nice. Awesome job!

I found one other bug. If I loaded my stats and the graph came up, then I clicked on an unlock, and it changed pages, when Ihit "Back" the graph was no longer centered in it;s box. Though a quick refresh did fix this issue.

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about . . .

https://img462.imageshack.us/img462/8089/stats0cn.th.jpg
Dnamaster
+0|6780|Canada

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

Nice! Really liking the graphs, but I gotta say that some of the graphs that are just Time doing something seem a little useless since it will always start out low and end high.
i like that because it allows me to see what days i was earning massive points

love the graphs
dan500
+57|6817
Yay I Love You, Graphes Soooo Easy To Read XDDDDDDDD

Great Job Man

Last edited by dan500 (2005-10-22 11:52:02)

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

jnick wrote:

I found one other bug. If I loaded my stats and the graph came up, then I clicked on an unlock, and it changed pages, when Ihit "Back" the graph was no longer centered in it;s box. Though a quick refresh did fix this issue.
Hrm. Looks like, yet another, IE bug. Here's a patch to fix the problem. (It also makes the site look 10 times better because it's got better CSS support )
C.Keen
Aliens Ate My Babysitter
+0|6779|UK
chuy, you are too kind to us, that's for sure. Excellent work as always.
Unleashed2k
//kk thx.
+17|6732
anyone have the source to msc's clan o.0 that is nice
AndrewPoison
T5 gemustert
+2|6794|Germany
daaaaaaaamn HOT man, if you were a girl i would merry you ^^
ProDicTeD
+2|6778
I love it! this site is getting better and better
OholibaH
The Disconnected
+0|6806
Great job man. Really nice feature thanks!
ssj4gogeta
+1|6815|England, Uk
Nice one man thanks alot a donation will be coming your way when i get paid.
Guruz
Sir
+20|6808|government yard in trenchtown.
I think I'll drop the first finnish donation when I get a bit more money, too

I mean, when is the "new-cool-feature-adding" going to end?
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6735|Cambridge (UK)

chuyskywalker wrote:

The simplest way to keep your trending data up to date is just visit your profile page once a day.
By "your profile page" do you mean forums profile settings or player stats page ?

I assume the latter, but I imediately thought the first.

Other than that - WOW! 8D 8b.. .
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

Scorpion0x17: the profile page with your stats on it

Guruz: When? When I run outta shit to add. However, for each feature I implement, two others come up to be done. May be a while, I hope you can deal with that
Guruz
Sir
+20|6808|government yard in trenchtown.
Ok, I think I can bare (or bear?) with it. (or that?)

Anyway, once you pop you can't stop, huh. I guess you like to please us, otherwise you wouldn't continue implementing everything and every stat.

EDIT: Graph-changing doesn't work with Opera but np, Firefox isn't too hard to use every once in a while

Last edited by Guruz (2005-10-22 13:16:51)

Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6735|Cambridge (UK)

chuyskywalker wrote:

Scorpion0x17: the profile page with your stats on it
And I assume that's when _I_ look at _my_ stats, yes ? not when anyone looks at them ?
MrWooters
+0|6733
can I recommend one thing? change the font on the drop down to tahoma also.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

Anyone. If you are in a person's leader board, or anyone peeps your profile (stats) page it causes an update. I'm pretty prolific about causing stat updates now.
Whitegreek
Sniping with the pistol...
+4|6815
good work there Chuy, it looks like you've really put in the long hours for this one, in the month or two I've been here the website has tripled in size...

cheers!
blue60007
+0|6814
Chuy, can I hug you? VERY nice work on the graphs.
ISIK_Dark
+0|6809|Pueblo
Looks great!!! Thanks!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard