Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas

FloppY_ wrote:

Bevo wrote:

So I know this is the ME2 thread, but ive played about an hour of mass effect and so far it seems really boring

gets better y/n?
If you skip cutscenes, and fast-forward through conversations, you will not be able to enjoy the brilliant storytelling that makes Mass Effect a brilliant game...

If you want pure combat, you should consider a different kind of game tbh
combat just seems so... archaic

dunno.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6459

Bevo wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Bevo wrote:

So I know this is the ME2 thread, but ive played about an hour of mass effect and so far it seems really boring

gets better y/n?
If you skip cutscenes, and fast-forward through conversations, you will not be able to enjoy the brilliant storytelling that makes Mass Effect a brilliant game...

dunno.
Yeah, it kinda is.

Exactly what part are you at though?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6277|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Bevo wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Bevo wrote:

gets better y/n?

dunno.
Well, you point and you shoot... what more do you want from a shooting game?

Mass Effect is more about the storytelling than the action tbh

Have you considered less "complicated" games like Call of Duty or Counter Strike?
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas
floppy why are you always such a massive cunt

it's a single player game, if I wanted a story i'd buy a novel or rent a movie. i dont have issues with cutscenes or a good storyline, but it's a GAME, GAMEPLAY is an important aspect of it and it seems to be rather bland from what i've seen
FloppY_
­

Bevo wrote:

floppy why are you always such a massive cunt

it's a single player game, if I wanted a story i'd buy a novel or rent a movie. i dont have issues with cutscenes or a good storyline, but it's a GAME, GAMEPLAY is an important aspect of it and it seems to be rather bland from what i've seen
sigh.. Yes but there are differences...

Then tell me, what part of it bores you?

Is it the shooting or the walking?
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas
the combat is clunky and feels forced, guns are inaccurate and there's "auto aim"
FloppY_
­

Bevo wrote:

the combat is clunky and feels forced, guns are inaccurate and there's "auto aim"
I have never experienced ANY autoaim (maybe because I turned it off in the settings menu?)

Combat doesn't feel clunky at all imo...

Guns are terribly inaccurate because you are not good at using them yet.. once you get to tier X weapons you can fire continuously with pinpoint accuracy and without overheating...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-06-20 15:55:51)

Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6459
Also you can turn off auto-aim.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
After playing ME2, ME1 does feel incredibly dated. But hey I enjoyed it at the time so it can't be that bad.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6512|Austin, Texas

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Also you can turn off auto-aim.
my choices were "low, medium, high"
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

FloppY_ wrote:

Bevo wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

dunno.
Well, you point and you shoot... what more do you want from a shooting game?

Mass Effect is more about the storytelling than the action tbh

Have you considered less "complicated" games like Call of Duty or Counter Strike?
oh my god Floppy.

You think you're the shit, don't you.

Have you ever considered that mass effect is a miserably dumbed down game?
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida
Mass Effect 1 had much better gameplay... and better replay value.  2 was still pretty epic though.
Big McLargehuge
Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
+259|6594|Philadelphia, PA

Was on youtube looking for some ME2 videos and stumbled upon this.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York

Nice find.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6334
I´m thinking about getting some of the DLC (well, most of it). 1600 points would come to ~14€.

Any of you guys got some of that, is it worth it?

Karmaz for answers ofc.

Last edited by Sisco (2010-08-01 01:28:52)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
Sisco
+493|6334

Sisco wrote:

I´m thinking about getting some of the DLC (well, most of it). 1600 points would come to ~14€.

Any of you guys got some of that, is it worth it?

Karmaz for answers ofc.
Seriously? No one?
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6226|S.A. Australia
I think everyone has stopped caring sorry.  Personally I think that if you loved the game and want more stuff to go, get the DLC.
Serious Flex
Rohirm
Fear is a Leash
+85|6163|New Austin, Not
Kasumi DLC was ok. Overlord was pretty damn good. If I were to choose one, go with Overlord. It may not add a new character or new weapon, but the story was well told and is reminiscent of the first game.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
I didn't answer because I was wondering the same thing. I noticed I had 600 points on my xbox which is enough to get one. Think I'll wait for that liara one to come out though.
Doctor Strangelove
+1,758|6459

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

I didn't answer because I was wondering the same thing. I noticed I had 600 points on my xbox which is enough to get one. Think I'll wait for that liara one to come out though.
Any idea when the Liara one is coming out?

They usually announce them pretty close to their release date, but I haven't seen anything about that one since the announcement.
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6261
No idea. I just remember hearing that the DLC was going to start moving the actual story along with the new ones so I'm definitely looking forward to them over the current ones.
FloppY_
­
In ME1 liara was the obvious sex-her-up choice, seeing as she was fucking cute... Spoiler (highlight to read):
And that the other choices were either a man or the manliest looking woman in gaming history

But ME2 finally gave the choice for sexxing up Tali :3

Loved her personality in the 1st..
https://img715.imageshack.us/img715/6075/talij.jpg

inb4 FloppY & Virtual relationships...

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-08-02 07:24:17)

Sisco
+493|6334

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

Any idea when the Liara one is coming out?

They usually announce them pretty close to their release date, but I haven't seen anything about that one since the announcement.
There is going to be a weapons pack DLC released before the Liara one, might be the reason for the delay:

http://kotaku.com/5595589/new-mass-effe … ede-broker

Thanks for the input guys. I´ll just get the stuff I think. I really love this game and it´s not that expensive.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
Haven't downloaded a single episode of DLC yet. Have to get on it.
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6431|Brisbane, Australia

I'm just waiting till it is all on sale in a pack on steam. And then waiting until about a month before ME3 is released to replay it all and have a save ready. Its a good plan.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard