jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
So my battery life is awful on my milestone, I mean I'm contemplating getting another battery so when I'm going out for 12 hours plus I can swap batteries around when one runs out. Not even running any apps, sometimes I leave browser unclosed in the background though, still...
Shadow893
lel
+75|6662|England
The battery on this thing is amazing. Half charge lasted most of the day before i had to charge it over night. Well impressed lol
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6512|Texas - Bigger than France
Just got kindle app on the droid.  nice
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

EVO Baby!!!!.  I want Froyo now!!!...
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England

jord wrote:

So my battery life is awful on my milestone, I mean I'm contemplating getting another battery so when I'm going out for 12 hours plus I can swap batteries around when one runs out. Not even running any apps, sometimes I leave browser unclosed in the background though, still...
Do you have a task killer program? I'm now in the mindset that whenever I put my phone away, beforehand I run the task killer, kill all tasks and put it away. Also, the wireless application that shuts off wireless when you're not near a known WAP is handy incase you forget.

Last edited by FFLink (2010-07-28 13:32:32)

Microwave
_
+515|6625|Loughborough Uni / Leeds, UK
You don't actually need to run a task killer with Android. It's sometimes even better to do without.

I've stopped using mine and noticed no drop in performance.

My OCD keeps kicking in though and I end up using it!

The big battery killer is GPS but you can see when it's active with the icon at the top.
FFLink
There is.
I've only once ever had it on and used it, when I was using Google Navigation

Great program, by the way. I'll be buying an in-car charger and little holder thingy next month for use in my car.
Microwave
_
Yeah, it is good. In an independent study Google maps /navigation was rated on a par with Tom-Tom.

I want an in car charger for mine but I can only get it from America - $55 + $25 shipping
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

Microwave wrote:

Yeah, it is good. In an independent study Google maps /navigation was rated on a par with Tom-Tom.

I want an in car charger for mine but I can only get it from America - $55 + $25 shipping
I just ordered a computer cable for my GPS on ebay ($2 as opposed to $15-20 instore)

Do any of these look like they'd work with your phone?
Microwave
_
Yeah they would. But I want a dock for it.

How much is NORMAL shipping from USA to UK?
FFLink
There is.
Wait, what? What kind of in-car chargers are you looking at? I plan on just getting a general phone holder thing (With the adjustable arms) and a car-USB charger that works with the Desire (Which I'm sure is an all-round thing, but if it says it works with the Desire, then I will feel more comfortable )
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

jord wrote:

Is that an Android problem or a Milestone problem?
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

ghettoperson wrote:

jord wrote:

Is that an Android problem or a Milestone problem?
I had the American version previously, I seemed fine for a whole day. As far as battery life goes now for Android phones, its one of the better ones.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

A whole day? That seems pretty atrocious.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

ghettoperson wrote:

I agree. The one i have now is worse. But 90% of the time im at work or at home or somewhere in between so its not so bad.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

ghettoperson wrote:

What other smart phone of similar capabilities and screen size can go for two days straight of regular usage?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

recall:

...am I the only one who's going WTF?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
my evo has already outlasted the case i bought for it

Last edited by eleven bravo (2010-07-28 18:27:27)

Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
2.2 coming out tomorrow?
Tu Stultus Es
Shadow893
lel
+75|6662|England

eleven bravo wrote:

2.2 coming out tomorrow?
??? sauce?
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom

Shadow893 wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

2.2 coming out tomorrow?
??? sauce?
http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/29/evo- … row-loads/
Tu Stultus Es
Microwave
_
Coming out on the Desire SUPPOSEDLY in China or somewhere, meaning the UK release won't be soon after.
FFLink
There is.
Awesome.

Most beneficial update features?
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

FFLink wrote:

Awesome.

Most beneficial update features?
noticeable performance increase, i think you get a jit compiler without needing to root
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

:drool:

Next, Hulu support...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard