imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6789|Human Meat Shield
Well after saving my first unlock and getting tired of the buzzards flying over my head as my carcass is laying on the ground, I decided to unlock the L8 for the Medic.  I figured anything will help me at this point - I will have 300kills and 8,000deaths by the time I reach my next unlock. Anyway, I didn't know you had to select it so when I first got on I was like: this is the same as the standard. Well when I got it working it is a menace! It takes (for me) 15 shots to kill someone but it is VERY accurate. I have noticed, since I am a newb, that with the L8, you dont' need the sniper rifle or the assault rifle, so that leaves 2 kits I dont' need. I shot a sniper down off the crane before he could reload (of course I was down to 2 bars), but being a medic also you can heal yourself. My recommendation, now that I hear "what should I unlock...bla,bla..." for newbs, the first gun you should unlock if you've tried every kit and can't find your special sweet spot, unlock the L8 first then go from there, you won't be disappointed. When it was first used I felt the power and smiled when my kills were 8 and deaths were 3, instead of the other way around like it usually is, but don't get me wrong there are certain maps for medic and certain ones that aren't I've found out.  Problem for me is what button do I push to get it to go to single shot, three burst, full auto?
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6868|-

imdead wrote:

Problem for me is what button do I push to get it to go to single shot, three burst, full auto?
There are only two firing modes for the L85A1. When you have have it selected press 3 by default and it will switch to single-shot. Press 3 again and it will return to full-auto.
thinner44
+1|6830

TriggerHappy998 wrote:

imdead wrote:

Problem for me is what button do I push to get it to go to single shot, three burst, full auto?
There are only two firing modes for the L85A1. When you have have it selected press 3 by default and it will switch to single-shot. Press 3 again and it will return to full-auto.
I wish I'd asked this question ages ago, I thought it was my 3rd keyboard.... 2 others bit the dust
Cheers for that answer
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6834
Paragraphs!!

I think my eyes are bleeding.
SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6785|Sumter, South Carolina
To switch firing modes, press 3. 

Come back and tell me how you like the deadly accuracy of the single shot L85 mode.

I've been using this gun for a hell of a long time now, so let me give ya some L85A1 tips

1) Never use any other gun ;p
2) practice clicking your mouse key as fast as you can -- then stay in single shot mode.. you'll see why hehe
3) Its a sniper, its an assualt rifle, and its a personal defense CQB weapon -- ITS THE L85A1 !!

;p  overall a great unlock, I am sure you're going to very happy with it.  Happy hunting!

Sra_Slimshady [L85A1] THE WORLD!!!!!

;p ;p ;p

Shady
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6789|Human Meat Shield
Yeah I tried the press 3 button, (sry big-time newb) but it was on the assault kit, didn't use my unlock last night , but I was roaming around picking up other packs..getting shot in the process..I picked up the G36 SO gun and it's just like the standard assault kit except you have C4 instead of smoke and nade toob. Also picked up the DAO, egad, this gun sucks far away, but close up it's devastating!! 1-2 shot kill easily, I understand why people like this gun, but you have to get close first. I think I've figured it out though, EA has, with these unlocks, mixed the kits together...like playing the SO actually makes you more of an assault, and the AT makes you more of an "in-close" fighter, but boy you have to get close...why not just be an engineer and use the shotgun, I can never get that close without get a couple bullets in me anyway.

I do enjoy the L8 though, it's an all in one gun, but in certain maps I go AT, because of tank/buggy/AA whores.
Deadlast
+0|6794
Now, I have this gun and I have never found anything profoundly astonishing about it. I use it whenever I am a medic, and yes, I do have success, but not near as much success as some of you talk about having. I mean, yea, its accurate, but to get accurate shots off in Semi-Auto you have to wait at least 1 second in between shots to make sure they hit, giving a potential victim plenty of time to take cover, which means you move on and just hope that you get the kill damage assist.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6791|AUS, Canberra
i too have found it better in semi auto mode but i still dont think its that great, next to no stopping power in my experiance
divided
Clear!
+3|6793
I prefer the AK-101 over the L85A1 any day, but I still think it's better than the original USMC medic gun.
basnerd
+0|6814
what ever u do dont get the semi atuto anti tank one its so in acurate and i dont get ant kills with it
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6798

divided wrote:

I prefer the AK-101 over the L85A1 any day, but I still think it's better than the original USMC medic gun.
Exactly my feelings as well.  I prefer strength for accuracy, because a medic shouldn't be sniping anyways but in the front lines healing fellow soldiers.
pinky_81
+1|6810|Denmark
The AK101 is great because of the power - But I love the L85 too...
I don't use single shots... On distance - go for 2-3 shot bursts the same way you would use single shots... takes out enemies faster so the dont get to cover
- be happy with a kill assist though... If you want magic use your paddles
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6798

basnerd wrote:

what ever u do dont get the semi atuto anti tank one its so in acurate and i dont get ant kills with it
Maybe that's because you try to hit things from too far away.  I love this gun, best unlock in the game in my opinion, but for CQC only - if I want to hit something far away with my Anti-Tank kit, I use rockets.

Or I just switch to a sniper kit.
Rotter
+0|6786|United States
I love the L85 too, but I don't seem to use it much. I always get in the habit of using the G36C, and then I use the G3 or L85 and remember how good THEY are too. (G3 is mostly close(er) quarters.) But, the L85 is accurate, and you can heal yourself and others while you're usin it! It's great! BF2 ROCKS!!! (When there's no lag, lol.)
holocost
+1|6807|ireland,cork
well seeing as i have all the unlocks bar the assault (which you do not need)i believe that the best all round guns are the mec ressuply the spec ops unlock which i feel is the most accurate gun in the game bar the sniper riffles and the L85
advocate666
+0|6772
the L8 medic is almost godlike.... just pick a spot on a roof throw down some medic bags go to the edge... press 3 once your in single and start blastin!!!! tis sweet the golden 36c is very nice aswell, it was my first unlock then g3 then jackhammer and then l8.... i should piss on myself.... shoulda done the l8 first then g36c and the rest...
Kommando
+0|6773|Brisbane Australia
yeah, the L85A1 is awesome in game,  IRL its a useless paperweight but in game, lovely weapon.

shit at close quaters panic bursts, when some knife wielding crazy man is running full tilt at you, but really allows you to reach out and touch someone at distance.
and the sight is nice too.
RedFiercare
The Kid
+2|6764
I've said this so many times to so many people.  "I love my L85"

My favorite gun by a MILE!  Literally, it shoots pretty far

Mid-range, it sucks.  I'll be honest.  If you see someone, and you both flop down, you're going to be the one eating lead.  Especially vs the G36.  Short range, it's inaccurate on full auto, but if you keep aimed on them, and you don't just hold down the fire button, you should get away clean.  But the best part about it is the range.  MMMM MMMM!  I think I shot down 8 people (before I was found) on Sharqi from the top of the crane with it last time I played sniper-medic on Sharqi.  It's a beast.  If you get them out in open areas, they won't have time to run and take cover.  I find 4 or 5 shots to the chest from long range can take a guy down.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard