+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

jsnipy wrote:

all i had to do is to take a drug test and an eye exam
youre still in my bad books for ditching irc
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

11 Bravo wrote:

why is a good point.  they all seem to just hang out in one section/thread for the most part (except newbie but i would say 95% of his dst posts are not serious at all).  so, that is a good question, zeek.
and ive said before - it's not a personal agenda, or a sleight against any of the new mods...

i just feel that when the community has ~25 active members and all of a sudden a quarter of those are given the permissions to awm, ban and lock/delete our posts at their whim... we should be entitled to at least ask why, or for some explanation. it's not like you're ruling the forums as professional, stand-apart managers now... the community is so small that we all know one another pretty well. so yah, i'd like to know: why them?
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Winston_Churchill wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

youre still in my bad books for ditching irc
Just no time during the day

I *rarely* peek in from time to time. I miss it.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

jsnipy wrote:

How the hell did you pass the drug test?!
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6677|67.222.138.85
uzique

1) Why you feel OH needs to justify his decisions to you I do not understand. This is not the input stage of the equation.

2) More moderators does not mean more strict moderation. More moderators means less work per moderator. One harsh moderator can fuck up a forum, 100 good ones can't (not implying BF2S is on either end of the spectrum, and if you are planning to please get real).

25 active members bitch please. Earlier in the thread it was 100 active members, now it's 25. We're shedding members by the hour.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
hmmm...i go to a local sports forum with 4 times as many active members and two mods. 

and why dont we get input?  you think people come here for you and OH?

plus people have donated money and time so that would be fair.  except you guys hide in the yenta forum and make stuff up.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

25 active members bitch please. Earlier in the thread it was 100 active members, now it's 25. We're shedding members by the hour.
After having the thread in both EE and DST, 121.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=139168
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

Uzique wrote:

i question this.

over-policed, over-sensitive, top-heavy mod:member ratio... the community is in its death-thralls, we don't need a clinically sanitized forum.

also why were the people who were chosen... chosen? what was the process? did they apply? why each member exactly?

saying they're promoted because they're 'old, frequently contributing and often helpful' members makes pretty much ALL of the regulars that are left haunting this old wreck elligible for the moderator badge.
It's been said but here we go;

They consider the time zones and who's active where in what sections. They review post history and see ( drum roll...) not a lot of drama.
The invite is sent by the admin, OH.

There is no test, no training and no guidebook.

There is also little reward besides seeing users post history and who gave what karma. The ability to ban....eh, too small of a community.

The nOobs might be encouraged, guided or lambasted, depending on what " senior mod " is online, lulz...

The secret mod forum is like, ee and DST (hats rolled into one thread with a perp walk section.
Flaming_Maniac
I think tyranny of the masses is already fucking stupid, and I think the internet amplifies any stupid by 100x. I'm not even going to pretend the current moderator selection process is ideal, but it's miles better than the alternatives.

People donate money because they are nice. Letting someone "buy" BF2S policy would also be fucking retarded. How anyone has really donated time besides staff and serious wiki contributors I don't know.

OH had what I would imagine to be a fairly conservative estimate of active users at 674 a few weeks ago. So seriously, bitch please with this 100 active member nonsense. I thought it was intentional hyperbole before but it is being repeated so often now I don't know anymore.
11 Bravo
Banned
674 my left nut
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

674 unique IP hits daily would make sense but there is no way in hell there are that many active posters.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

1) Why you feel OH needs to justify his decisions to you I do not understand. This is not the input stage of the equation.
Let us all bow to the conformity that is the admins.

You bastards aren't for the community anymore are you. We'll make a community we like, and if you peasants don't like it, gtfo.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
11 Bravo
Banned

tazz. wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

You bastards aren't for the community anymore are you. We'll make a community we like, and if you peasants don't like it, gtfo.
holla
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
675? you couldn't show 675 posts by unique members in a month-long period... let alone a week.

100 'regulars' is probably about right... using the term 'regular' very liberally.

im saying 25 for the 'frequent posters' that will contribute every day to a thread or two, minimum.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Flaming_Maniac

jsnipy wrote:

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=138113
that is hilarious

tazz. wrote:

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

The system for new mods hasn't changed since day. one. chuy has ALWAYS done the EXACT same thing OH did.

but fight the power bro
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

Tazz
ebug
uzique
Adams
Flecco
AussieReaper
usmarine
RTHKI
JohnG@lt
FM
minty
ATG
Cybargs
Gooners
littlebabyJESUS
Lucien
Macbeth
Smithreener
Stimey
Toiletsex
Shadow
Jaekus
Cheez
RavyGravy
Kustav
OH
jsnipy
Doctor Strange
FFlink
Posiedon
max
Sydney
burnzz
cammrobb
finray
liq
harmor
Freezer7
Winston
DonFck
...oh and that pace51 guy

all i can think of right now.
11 Bravo
Banned
lol triggerhappy...lol ktotheimmy.  nice.  so, a good requirement is being a chick and banging a mod or two?
11 Bravo
Banned
it appears you need to be a tech nerd or a chick for the most part.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623

tazz. wrote:

Lucien
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

The system for new mods hasn't changed since day. one. chuy has ALWAYS done the EXACT same thing OH did.

but fight the power bro
I wasn't questioning how mods are chosen, rather, on to the tone you represent your values. I have no issues with having the new mods, i do have issues with how one resolves a debatable question. Especially when they're the ones whom are put forth to represent a website.

PM to OH wrote:

--------------------
RE: AWM: Spam

Reality check mate, BF2s is not, i repeat, NOT a board which revolves around a consensus that MOST threads must remain formal and to the point.

This fact alone, is what drives the faded memberlist. This fact alone is why peiople stay. This fact alone is the only standing reason that this borad has, or will ever have members. And for some stupid reason, the mods and admins dont like it.

They're all blind to the fact of why bf2s forums are successful. It's a people board. A place where YOU CAN BE YOURSELF, you can talk to people you've grown fond with.
I stand by this 100%. Although irrelevant to the subject of new mods, you can see the similarities in mod behaviour.
Flaming_Maniac
Users that have posted on this thread that has been going for the last 30 or so hours.

OrangeHound
Surgeons
FatherTed
Bevo
FloppY_
RTHKI
SamTheMan
Jenspm
Toilet Sex
Dauntless
mtb0minime
liquidat0r
elecen bravo
Doctor Strangelove
Donfck
Beduin
Canin
ebug9
m3thod
Lucien
jord
Kez
AussieReaper
13/f/taiwan
Spark
ATG
KuSTaV
Adams_BJ
Finray
SEREVENT
Microwave
menzo
Macbeth
Mutantbear
11 Bravo
steelie34
tuckergustav
Flaming_Maniac
ig
unnamednewbie13
Kmarion
IrishGrimReaper
Superior Mind
pace51
Brasso
Uziuqe
Winston_Churchill
jsnipy
Tazz

49 unique

You guys are seriously under representing the tail of the distribution, just because you only remember so many names out of the thousands of registered users on the forums doesn't mean there aren't a lot you don't recognize that all add up to a significant number of posts.
Flaming_Maniac

11 Bravo wrote:

lol triggerhappy...lol ktotheimmy.  nice.  so, a good requirement is being a chick and banging a mod or two?

liquidat0r three days ago wrote:

I don't understand the gender thing ... the only person that'll complain is marine - but he'll complain whatever happens
11 Bravo
Banned

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

liquidat0r three days ago wrote:

I don't understand the gender thing ... the only person that'll complain is marine - but he'll complain whatever happens
because you said the requirements havent changed...and the only other female mod was bed hoping.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
you guys need to get some racial minority moderators as well...

maybe a homosexual, too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard