ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
A 25-year-old staff sergeant for the Maryland Air National Guard facing the possibility of 16 years in prison for having the gall to video tape the officer pulling his gun needlessly.

I guess we live in a world where the police and politicians want no scrutiny. The only people afraid of being filmed performing public service are the cunts who know they themselves break the law.

This again demonstrates that the so called public servants only serve themselves. Police are not about public safety, they are goons out to shake you down for money and I have ZERO respect for the badge.

" I am the man and you will bow to my authority. "

Hey officer, kiss my ass.
Catbox
forgiveness
+505|6686
I am a supporter of the police but this State Trooper is acting like a tool to this motorcycle rider.
And why can't you videotape an officer or record his voice? Nothing to hide right?
Love is the answer
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
reminds me of cartman..
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina
uh...  Let me get this straight....  It's legal for the government to wiretap you without a warrant, but it's not legal to record a police officer while he arrests you.

Fuck that shit.

Home of the Free, my ass.
ATG
Banned
"It's not that recording any conversation is illegal without consent. It's that recording a private conversation is illegal without consent," he said. "So then the question is, 'Are the words of a police officer spoken on duty, in uniform, in public a 'private conversation.' And every court that has ever considered that question has said that they are not."
But the goons will continue to harass, assault and intimidate anybody they catch pointing a camera at them. Why? Because they know they are criminals protecting criminal politicians and fucked up laws and they have the guns and pepper spray.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

ATG wrote:

"It's not that recording any conversation is illegal without consent. It's that recording a private conversation is illegal without consent," he said. "So then the question is, 'Are the words of a police officer spoken on duty, in uniform, in public a 'private conversation.' And every court that has ever considered that question has said that they are not."
But the goons will continue to harass, assault and intimidate anybody they catch pointing a camera at them. Why? Because they know they are criminals protecting criminal politicians and fucked up laws and they have the guns and pepper spray.
From what I understand, Maryland is a pretty fucked state anyway.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

As far as I'm concerned, words spoken in public do not classify as a 'private conversation.' What I'd like to know is if there were any Nt'l Guard rules that are applying to this possible ruling.
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6489|Πάϊ
16 years for this?

wow

so do we know why he was pulled over in the first place?
ƒ³
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North
for speeding and pulling a wheelie afaik

which he deserved getting a fine for
Phrozenbot
+632|6585|do not disturb

Where do you get 16 years?

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/mcy/1739207054.html (link expired)

GoPro 1080p HD camera. 720p mode 60fps. 2008 CBR1000RR

3/5/2010: Pulled over for speeding
4/7/2010: 6 Cops show up at my house with a search and seizure warrant for all of my computers, cameras and electronics.. They also bring an arrest warrant for "wiretapping" and 2 additional traffic violations. I could not go to jail due to health issues (surgery).
4/14/2010: I turned myself in and spent the night in jail. I was charged with "wiretapping." Felony- 5years $10k max fine. Bail set at $15k?
4/15/2010: Bail review - Released on my own recognizance.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6445|Foothills of S. Carolina

Full story from ABC News can be found here http://abcnews.go.com/US/TheLaw/videota … d=11179076

ABC News wrote:

That Anthony Graber broke the law in early March is indisputable. He raced his Honda motorcycle down Interstate 95 in Maryland at 80 mph, popping a wheelie, roaring past cars and swerving across traffic lanes.

But it wasn't his daredevil stunt that has the 25-year-old staff sergeant for the Maryland Air National Guard facing the possibility of 16 years in prison. For that, he was issued a speeding ticket. It was the video that Graber posted on YouTube one week later -- taken with his helmet camera -- of a plainclothes state trooper cutting him off and drawing a gun during the traffic stop near Baltimore.

In early April, state police officers raided Graber's parents' home in Abingdon, Md. They confiscated his camera, computers and external hard drives. Graber was indicted for allegedly violating state wiretap laws by recording the trooper without his consent.
edit:  From the look of the video, the plain clothes trooper never identified himself, the car didn't look like it had lights flashing, and the trooper never showed a badge. All he did was pull his gun and tell the guy to get off the motorcycle. The trooper is lucky he did not get shot. And I don't see how video taping an arrest or even cops eating donuts can be considered wire tapping.

Last edited by Canin (2010-07-19 18:41:41)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
idk a lot of cops are arses, especially when driving
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
ATG
Banned

Canin wrote:

The trooper is lucky he did not get shot. .
In fairness, the guy on the bike seemed to be backing up. And I'm sure the car had lights on it we couldn't see.
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6455|England
first of all that fuckin idiot cop gets out of an unmarked car with a gun dressed in civilian cloths an shows no ID, stupid fuckin idiot, why would u possibly get 16 in jail for filming this?  are your laws that fucked up now?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6750|Great Brown North

ATG wrote:

Canin wrote:

The trooper is lucky he did not get shot. .
In fairness, the guy on the bike seemed to be backing up. And I'm sure the car had lights on it we couldn't see.
in fairness the guy backed up after having a pissed off looking guy jump out of a jar and pull a gun on him
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6738

ATG wrote:

The only people afraid of being filmed performing public service are the cunts who know they themselves break the law.
That is untrue. Many law enforcement officers, my self included, do not like to be filmed as it puts ourselves at risk of being identified outside work. Many officers don't even like their names in the papers due to the "clients" we have to deal with.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England

BN wrote:

ATG wrote:

The only people afraid of being filmed performing public service are the cunts who know they themselves break the law.
That is untrue. Many law enforcement officers, my self included, do not like to be filmed as it puts ourselves at risk of being identified outside work. Many officers don't even like their names in the papers due to the "clients" we have to deal with.
While ever coppers are prepared to pull guns in completely minor situations like that, you should all be filmed all of the time for our safety (you know, the people you work for) regardless of whether you like it or not.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6738

KingCheese wrote:

BN wrote:

ATG wrote:

While ever coppers are prepared to pull guns in completely minor situations like that, you should all be filmed all of the time for our safety (you know, the people you work for) regardless of whether you like it or not.
Cops should be filmed for your safety? We should be filmed for OUR safety.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6554|England

BN wrote:

KingCheese wrote:

BN wrote:

Cool, then this biker guy having filmed this situation should be a non issue.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6691|Sydney, Australia
Interestingly, at 21 seconds on that video, there appears to be a marked police car pulling up behind the biker. If you look at the much longer video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK5bMSyJ … re=related - you can see a point where he turns his head (around 2:50) and sees one of the cars, but it isn't apparent that there are any lights on the unmarked car (especially pointing backwards). There's no sound at that point, so you can't tell if there are sirens going..

Regardless, given the conduct of the officer,
- leaping out of an unmarked car, leaving it in the middle of the road without any lights flashing
- failing to show a badge/ID
- instantly drawing a fucking GUN on the guy and demanding he get off the bike

.. shouldn't this video be used in a review of his conduct?
ATG
Banned

BN wrote:

ATG wrote:

Well boo hoo.

You guys abuse your position and authority. You make a mockery of the law with your street justice. You get zero sypmathy.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom

BN wrote:

KingCheese wrote:

BN wrote:

i believe anybody accepting public monies as a salary should be open to public scrutiny.
Tu Stultus Es
13rin
+977|6449
Showed the video to a high ranking FL State Trooper.  He said the officer should have identified himself immediatley and not drawn his gun at all. 

If it was me on the bike, I probably would have gotten shot.  Since the officer didn't immediatley identify himself I would thought him to be a road rager coming after me for riding like an asshole.  In Maryland that shit happens. 

Did you guys see the size of the helmet cam?  Full size camera stuck to the top of the helmet.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

Dumb fuck was out speeding and doing stunts on a public road, putting his life and that of innocents at danger so he could expand his epenis and post it on youtube. If I was a cop and seen someone doing it. I would be pissed off too. Cop overreacted sure, but you can see he realises straight away and puts it away.
Cocksucker should have his licence banned.
Cop should get small slap on wrist.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

JahManRed wrote:

Dumb fuck was out speeding and doing stunts on a public road, putting his life and that of innocents at danger so he could expand his epenis and post it on youtube. If I was a cop and seen someone doing it. I would be pissed off too. Cop overreacted sure, but you can see he realises straight away and puts it away.
Cocksucker should have his licence banned.
Cop should get small slap on wrist.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard