jsnipy
+3,276|6511|...

After the patch I got a bronze for the M1. I think i have at least a bronze for every weapon, but the Distinguished Weapon Knowledge still does not appear.

Has anyone gotten this since the patch?
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5498|America
Yeah I can't get it either after meeting all the requirements. Typical Dice patch amirite?
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6275|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Blade4509 wrote:

Yeah I can't get it either after meeting all the requirements. Typical Dice patch amirite?
Believe dice said it could be because of the "SPECACT weapons affecting it now

EDIT: I particularly like how they say stuff as if they don't really know what the fuck they have done lately

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-07-01 04:59:47)

­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6644

How they are still in business is beyond me.
jsnipy
+3,276|6511|...

FloppY_ wrote:

Blade4509 wrote:

Believe dice said it could be because of the "SPECACT weapons affecting it now

EDIT: I particularly like how they say stuff as if they don't really know what the fuck they have done lately
Sounds like they don't have a good QA process Usually the first thing to go when purse strings are tightened.
FloppY_
­

mtb0minime wrote:

How they are still in business is beyond me.
BF2 game & server revenue ?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5167|Sydney
What are SPECACT weapons?
jsnipy
+3,276|6511|...

Jaekus wrote:

What are SPECACT weapons?
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=137269
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5167|Sydney
Thanks man. I'll do a research on the DLC stuff.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6667|Middle of nowhere
If they are honestly making us wait for the SPECAT weapons they better not cost anything. Making us pay for 2 awards that were in the ORIGINAL game, and haven't worked because of /THEIR/ ineptitude would make me rage out just a little bit.

Sadly, I'm expecting them to make us pay for 'em.  Because that's how they are I guess.
FloppY_
­

genius_man16 wrote:

If they are honestly making us wait for the SPECAT weapons they better not cost anything. Making us pay for 2 awards that were in the ORIGINAL game, and haven't worked because of /THEIR/ ineptitude would make me rage out just a little bit.

Sadly, I'm expecting them to make us pay for 'em.  Because that's how they are I guess.
Meh I think it's just because they are too incompetent to change those two lines of code in the awards rather than them not beeing willing to... there are seperate awards for the SPECACT kits...
GullyFoyle
+25|5376
I have seen some people saying they think it is because they don't have the Bronze star for the Tracer gun.  Is this even possible?
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

GullyFoyle wrote:

I have seen some people saying they think it is because they don't have the Bronze star for the Tracer gun.  Is this even possible?
No, considering you can't kill anyone with it. And one of my friends has over 600 tracer plants and hasn't gotten a star.

Unless it requires some obscene amount like 1,000. But that would be stupid.
FloppY_
­

genius_man16 wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

No, considering you can't kill anyone with it. And one of my friends has over 600 tracer plants and hasn't gotten a star.

The only thing you can kill people with and not get stars for are paddles, repair tool and smoke launcher afaik...
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

FloppY_ wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

GullyFoyle wrote:

The only thing you can kill people with and not get stars for are paddles, repair tool and smoke launcher afaik...
AFAIK you are correct good sir.
jsnipy
+3,276|6511|...

genius_man16 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

AFAIK you are correct good sir.
this AFAIK
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6469|Somewhere else

I read somewhere that there was a sniper rifle coded into the game that was part of the requirement, but was then deactivated.  The weapon was deactivated, but not the requirements you have to fulfill with it.

So you are stuck.  The game is waiting for you to get a bronze star for a weapon no longer in the game.

Again, read it somewhere, need to find the link.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6316|Australia

RoosterCantrell wrote:

I read somewhere that there was a sniper rifle coded into the game that was part of the requirement, but was then deactivated.  The weapon was deactivated, but not the requirements you have to fulfill with it.

So you are stuck.  The game is waiting for you to get a bronze star for a weapon no longer in the game.

Again, read it somewhere, need to find the link.
Are you sure it's a sniper rifle? The guns from BC2 are exactly the same as those from BC1 with one exception - BC2 lacks the SPAS-15. I'd imagine that, if anything, the missing gun would be that.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6656

Nope.  It's the 4 SPECACT pins.  I already have the badge on the 360.  And with DICE being lazy, I'm sure they kept the same badge requirements logic for all these systems.
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6378
It's a known issue they (EA, Dice) are working to resolve.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Bertie
+2|6640

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Ah, so it'll be fixed around the time Bad Company 3 comes out then? It's been known about since forever!
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6378

Bertie wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Ah, so it'll be fixed around the time Bad Company 3 comes out then? It's been known about since forever!
That's what EA told me a week or two ago. Obviously it's not a priority.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6259
I joined a random server that let you use SPECACT weapons and got bronze stars for some of them. People say getting bronze with all of them on one of these servers using the leaked files WILL get you the insignia.
Bertie
+2|6640

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Fair enough. I just find it tiresome that they've been saying essentially that since the early patches.

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

People say getting bronze with all of them on one of these servers using the leaked files WILL get you the insignia.
Must be true, if some people said so!

On an equally speculatory point: I find that if I go check the official EA BC2 site and look at weapons (http://www.badcompany2.ea.com/weapons-gadgets) it notes I don't have the Type 88; and that I need 2190 recon score to unlock it. Of course, in game I have it unlocked and silver-starred and 3rd-party stats sites reflect this. Perhaps the award thinks I don't have it. Of course, it could equally be a bug in how the weapons display on the official site. It's all speculation, until someone demonstrates otherwise!

Interestingly, I've just noticed it also says I don't have some pistol bronze stars. I'm sure I have those in-game but perhaps the requirements were bumped up to 25 kills as with other weapons when I wasn't looking.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore

Bertie wrote:

west-phoenix-az wrote:

Fair enough. I just find it tiresome that they've been saying essentially that since the early patches.

Spidery_Yoda wrote:

People say getting bronze with all of them on one of these servers using the leaked files WILL get you the insignia.
Must be true, if some people said so!

On an equally speculatory point: I find that if I go check the official EA BC2 site and look at weapons (http://www.badcompany2.ea.com/weapons-gadgets) it notes I don't have the Type 88; and that I need 2190 recon score to unlock it. Of course, in game I have it unlocked and silver-starred and 3rd-party stats sites reflect this. Perhaps the award thinks I don't have it. Of course, it could equally be a bug in how the weapons display on the official site. It's all speculation, until someone demonstrates otherwise!

Interestingly, I've just noticed it also says I don't have some pistol bronze stars. I'm sure I have those in-game but perhaps the requirements were bumped up to 25 kills as with other weapons when I wasn't looking.
EA's stat site doesn't update until you view your page, so if you don't go there for a long time the stats will look really wonky.

And their stat site says you need 1000 kills with the pistols to get platinum, so it's kinda messed up anyway.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard