Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
Are you like me and have leveled up without using the Gustav?  If so, post here and know that you are a true battlefield player.  You have learned the ways of the rifle and dispatch your enemies with bullets, only using rockets against armor or to open up cover.  Others may use the CG and flail about the battlefield spamming overpowered splash damage on enemy infantry, but not you. Cheap gameplay is not in your blood and you play the game with a sense of honor and fair play toward the others on the server.  Your skill is your advantage, no matter what firearm you wield.  Do not be discouraged if a Gustaver sheds your blood.  Even in death, your honor remains.  You shall return and his cranial blood will run red on the battlefield and his dishonor known to all.  Hold your head high soldier, you are a member of the Battlefield Honor Brigade and carry on the tradition that began in BF1942.

https://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:IbfTp4O0Mz5DmM:https://www.geaugaconstitutionalcouncil.org/userfiles/image/MemorialDay_MarineSalute.jpg
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال
No. The only thing I have in mind is to level the whole map with my Gustav, while I listen to:

الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5479|America
Fuck yeah no gustav here. XM8 all day, all day.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere
Fuck that BS. If you can't beat 'em. Join 'em I say.

Although I'm not really very good at using the Gustav, so I usually just use my SMG, lol
Stingray24
Someone karma'd me "cry some more noob".  The fact is, I don't mind dying by any weapon, so I'm not crying.  My kills more than make up for any deaths I accumulate.  Spamming a weapon with splash damage as primary is simply poor form imo.
GullyFoyle
+25|5357
Sigh.  I miss the good old days when honorable soldiers would dress up in brightly colored uniforms (none of this "camo" crap!), march in step in nice orderly lines across the battlefield from each other,  and hold mass duels to determine the victor!

Bring on Battlefield 1742!

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2010-07-19 12:57:27)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Is this a PC thing?  I hardly get killed on foot by the Gustav.  And then, I don't recall from an enemy I saw firing one at me.
Scratch[USA]
+105|6517

Ilocano wrote:

Is this a PC thing?  I hardly get killed on foot by the Gustav.  And then, I don't recall from an enemy I saw firing one at me.
What are you talking about.... Auto aim plus gustav.  Spamtastic from what I remember from the ps3 beta.
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5454|Bolingbrook, Illinois
so gustav = g36e of bf2
Beduin
Compensation of Reactive Power in the grid
+510|5720|شمال

HaiBai wrote:

so gustav = g36e of bf2
...and much more my friend!
الشعب يريد اسقاط النظام
...show me the schematic
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
It is a nice way of getting at people hiding in buildings, don't play much engineer though and using rpg with that kit right now anyway.
Stingray24

Ilocano wrote:

In squad deathmatch on PC, almost every round I find someone who has to depend on the splash damage of a gustav to get kills.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
Adapt and overcome. It has a slow reload time.
Stingray24
I do, however using that weapon on infantry in the open is the height of faggotry.  Though I do find repeatedly shooting them in the head and taking their tags to be quite effective at getting them to leave the server.
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6690|Scotland
haha, I've used the gustav a few times as a secondary to get rid of the fucker.

Only in the old "shoot a whole mag at each other and then it's secondary weapon time" situation.
Donald O' Brien
+104|6674

Beduin wrote:

No. The only thing I have in mind is to level the whole map with my Gustav, while I listen to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQRIOKvR2WM
Please, please, please make a hot carl montage with that song!

On topic, I hate that shit, too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard