loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
Been looking at golf sets. The cheap sets come with a golf bag. I already have a golf bag. Can any one point me to a average, below average golf set or a good site to order from????
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality
golfsmith
you can buy individual clubs, sets or buy the components and make them yourself
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
Is this decent enough? I am looking for average, substandard set for a beginner (rec. user). set

Last edited by loubot (2010-07-16 11:13:46)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

looks good enough.  if they don't match your build (size) you can always get them cut down a little too
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

good first set. don't fall in love with the putter . . .
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
I'll be lucky to keep the ball in the fairways, let alone on the green.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

burnzz wrote:

good first set. don't fall in love with the putter . . .
I use a putter I won at Comdex in like 1994.  I don't know why, I just have grown accustomed to it.
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6444|Foothills of S. Carolina

I played a round yesterday, shot a 126. I make sure I get my monies worth on swings.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality

Canin wrote:

I played a round yesterday, shot a 126. I make sure I get my monies worth on swings.
i play a scramble tournament tomorrow

loubot wrote:

Is this decent enough? I am looking for average, substandard set for a beginner (rec. user). set
Yes.
As someone said, don't fall in love with the putter. The putter is the 'finesse' club and as such requires you to really 'feel' the club. Professionals change their putters more than any other club.

Last edited by Stubbee (2010-07-16 19:20:24)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

the British is the one tournament that

my wife can't bitch about me gettin up early for.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
Golf looks like a very expensive way of ruining your back.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

i blew off watching the final round, to play golf. 90, with 2 missed birdie putts . . .
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6664|The Ville

Canin wrote:

lol, 126 for 9 or 18 ?
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6492

Obiwan wrote:

Canin wrote:

lol, 126 for 9 or 18 ?
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6444|Foothills of S. Carolina

Obiwan wrote:

Canin wrote:

lol, 126 for 9 or 18 ?
18, if it was for 9 holes you actually think I would have bothered posting? 126 on 18 holes is bad enough, but considering I only play 1 or 2 times a year I don't expect I will get any better.
loubot
O' HAL naw!
+470|6548|Columbus, OH
Over the weekend, I went to the driving range to practice. Also went to my work since the lawn was mowed on Friday.....left a couple of divots on the berm (oops).
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
my grandfather used to own a golf-club and i used to love fucking up his driving-range using his massive clubs.

i was shockingly bad but damn those were fun mornings.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

Uzique wrote:

my grandfather used to own a golf-club
Might want to expand that to a full set one day!
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6664|The Ville

Uzique wrote:

my grandfather used to own a golf-club and i used to love fucking up his driving-range using his massive clubs.

i was shockingly bad but damn those were fun mornings.
I had farm land we could have made a driving range out of in high school. To bad my parents sold that.
ig
+1,199|6492
goin to play today. hopefully ill be too drunk to remember my score
tuckergustav
+1,590|5883|...

i don't keep score...it's too depressing
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

tuckergustav wrote:

i don't keep score...it's too depressing
you and my wife would get along famously . . .
ig
+1,199|6492
i think that was as hot as ive ever been playing golf. we only managed 9, but i shot a 39
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6702|St. Andrews / Oslo

ig wrote:

i think that was as hot as ive ever been playing golf. we only managed 9, but i shot a 39
lol, seriously?

Playing to a 3.0 handicap, respect
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

nice - on a hot day, i start out drinking water. i don't switch to beer until at least the second hole.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard