M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

liquidat0r wrote:

With the SAS supposedly drafted in ... reminds me of a Chris Ryan book (or similar).
The Watchman sounds familiar.

Just been watching the news where they were interviewing the neighbour of somebody whose house was broken into not once, but twice, and at one point there was actually someone in the house sleeping in a spare bedroom. Police sounded a little slow in reacting to the tip off though given the number in the area, especially when they sent two unarmed coppers first who (naturally) couldn't go in in case it was Moat with a shotgun.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
hypothetical and not reaaaly related;

when the cumbrian shooter was walking around quite obviously shooting people, what do you think the a)public and b)legal reaction would have been if a farmer had just blown his head off with a shotgun

(assuming the farmer knew without a shadow of a doubt this man had already killed 5+ people, and was 100% certain it was the right man)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

FatherTed wrote:

when the cumbrian shooter was walking around quite obviously shooting people, what do you think the a)public and b)legal reaction would have been if a farmer had just blown his head off with a shotgun

(assuming the farmer knew without a shadow of a doubt this man had already killed 5+ people, and was 100% certain it was the right man)
Public would probably praise him for stopping him, but the legal side might be a little wobbly (especially if he blew his head off but had had the opportunity to stop him with doing that).

Hard to say though.

There was once a case in the US where a man took a baby hostage and was forcing to slit its throat in front of the police. A police sniper decided the only way to stop him safely was to shoot him in the head. Got a pretty bad rap legally if I remember right, but was praised for making the decision.
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6481|Gogledd Cymru

Heh I just finished reading "The Watchman" last night aswell, funny if the guy was called Joe Meehan too.

Only Captain Temple can stop the watchman, a highly dangerous government trained PIRA mole.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

Surgeons wrote:

Heh I just finished reading "The Watchman" last night aswell, funny if the guy was called Joe Meehan too.

Only Captain Temple can stop the watchman, a highly dangerous government trained PIRA mole.
The Three Monkeys are the clue!
The Magic Mullet
+240|6416
He's afloat in a boat on a moat with a stoat and a goat in a coat.

True story.
13rin
+977|6470

FatherTed wrote:

In Florida?  He'd be a hero.  A CWP holder can intervene in the commission of a forcible felony.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

They're bringing in Tornados to look for him now, up near a place I go walking quite regularly.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6619|UK

M.O.A.B wrote:

They're bringing in Tornados to look for him now, up near a place I go walking quite regularly.
Oh?

https://i32.tinypic.com/10wmc21.png

But seriously, how will they (jets) help? Surely they're better off with helicopters (which I presume they're using).
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

liquidat0r wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Oh?

http://i32.tinypic.com/10wmc21.png

But seriously, how will they (jets) help? Surely they're better off with helicopters (which I presume they're using).
Yeah I was a little confused as well. Apparently the jets can use their IR cameras (which I can only assume are more powerful than the helicopter ones) and some sort of mapping system that detects changes in the ground, or something.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum

M.O.A.B wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

Oh?

Yeah I was a little confused as well. Apparently the jets can use their IR cameras (which I can only assume are more powerful than the helicopter ones) and some sort of mapping system that detects changes in the ground, or something.
tornados have some IR shit in the nose that helps them map the ground ahead of them, so they can hug the ground very fucking close when they fly. i would have thought you would know this
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

FatherTed wrote:

M.O.A.B wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Oh?

tornados have some IR shit in the nose that helps them map the ground ahead of them, so they can hug the ground very fucking close when they fly. i would have thought you would know this
Terrain Mapping eh?

Only caught snippets of the report so I couldn't deduce it accurately.

Looks like it could be something called the RAPTOR pod, here's a pic taken of Gatwick from 26 miles away by one.

https://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/46507000/jpg/_46507449_raptor-gatwick.jpg

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2010-07-09 08:54:07)

Nintendogamer
+72|6579|Chelmsford, UK
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6663|UK
lol gazza turned up at where the guy is cornered.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Nintendogamer
+72|6579|Chelmsford, UK

m3thod wrote:

yeah WTF!?!?!?

"come on kids i want a nice photo with the murderer"
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6214|Escea

m3thod wrote:

lol my brother just told me about that.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
im not sure who's more mental, moat or gazza
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
moat is the sane one, confirmed. gazza turned up because he said this guy was a spiritual mate and he'd brought some food for him ahahahaha
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6455|Tyne & Wear, England
This is so surreal, Gazza FFS!!
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6771|Great Brown North

article wrote:

At least ten armed officers are surrounding Moat
in soviet UK you surround moat!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
"Shoot me and I'll shoot myself"
The guy's a genius.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6491|so randum
bbc reports shots fired and a man taken to hospital. no police injured sooo
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6771|Great Brown North
wtf police, you're doing it wrong

shoot to kil
The Magic Mullet
+240|6416
I'd love to think Gazza asked himself "What would Jesus do?" before he turned up last night with a fishing rod.
Switch
Knee Deep In Clunge
+489|6455|Tyne & Wear, England

Jesus Christ, skip to 3.35

"I brought him a dressing gown, a big jacket, some chicken, some bread, a can of lager and a fishing rod cos' I heard he was by the river".

https://i32.tinypic.com/b5ktu9.jpg
Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard