Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5590

A Suffolk County jury found him guilty of manslaughter after he shot 17-year-old Daniel Cicciaro in the face.

It was back in 2006 when Cicciaro and a group of friends showed up at White's house in Miller Place.

They falsely accused his son, Aaron, of threatening to rape a girl, a mistake in judgment that proved costly.

After a confrontation with White in his driveway, Daniel Cicciaro was shot once and killed.

Authorities said White should have called 911.
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?secti … id=7543635

I don't care for the racial aspects of this. That all means nil to me.

Legally John was in the wrong, but laws usually never make sense and often aren't morally right.

The kid and his friends showed up drunk to a persons house and tried starting a fight. The kid completely got what he deserved. The kid would still be alive if he didn't try to be a badass. I don't feel any sympathy for him or his family.

When you threaten and provoke others you run the risk of angering someone much more dangerous then you. I hope people can learn a lesson from this.

White is facing a max of 4 years behind bars but could be released in 20 months
I'll send him a fruit basket when he gets out.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6764|San Antonio, Texas
In Texas I don't think that he would have been charged at all.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6636|949

He shot a dude in the face and is probably looking at around 2 years...

I'd say there are far more egregious examples of injustice than this particular case.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6409|North Carolina
Well, this would be national news if it was a white man shooting a black teen in the face.

Aside from that though, I generally agree with Mac on this.
Reciprocity
+721|6585|the dank(super) side of Oregon
So, was this guy or his family in immediate physical danger?  I can't tell from the article.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6772
Why wouldn't you call the police?
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6725|Sydney, Australia

Reciprocity wrote:

So, was this guy or his family in immediate physical danger?  I can't tell from the article.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5263|foggy bottom
the mark of a coward:  bringing a gun to a fist fight
Tu Stultus Es
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6572|Mountains of NC

black guy named white
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6784|Great Brown North

eleven bravo wrote:

the mark of an idiot: leaving your house to get in a fight in the first place

call the police on the drunken squealers, shoot them if they come into your home

not calling you an idiot ofc, as i love you with mouth. just saying the guy is a dumbass

Last edited by krazed (2010-07-08 20:33:38)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

eleven bravo wrote:

The mark of an idiot, bring a fist to a ? fight.

But ^.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5706|College Park, MD

eleven bravo wrote:

the mark of a retard: starting a fight wiht ap erosn who can blow your fuckinb rains out, as you can see in th elink that mac gave us
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5263|foggy bottom
how is picking a fight with an armed man cowardly?
Tu Stultus Es
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6110|eXtreme to the maX

krazed wrote:

the mark of an idiot: leaving your house to get in a fight in the first place
call the police on the drunken squealers, shoot them if they come into your home

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-07-08 21:47:18)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5706|College Park, MD

eleven bravo wrote:

how is picking a fight with an armed man cowardly?
nobody said that
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5183|Sydney

mcminty wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

Read the OP quote.

I haven't really followed this story, to be honest, but large groups (or even small groups) of angry people can be both intimidating and immediately threatening. Just ask any lynch mob.
Reciprocity
Cicciaro and a group of friends
If this lynch mob was so scary, why did Mr. White approach them?
west-phoenix-az
Guns don't kill people. . . joe bidens advice does
+632|6393
The wife of the shooter has a good point. If the group was breaking the law, which it appears they were, they should also be charged. Their actions contributed to and probably instigated the shooting. They should have called 911 just as the father should have. The father should have remained in the home and called police.
https://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/west-phoenix-az/BF2S/bf2s_sig_9mmbrass.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6776|PNW

I honestly don't know. Maybe they weren't being offensive until he got within range?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5183|Sydney

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Read the OP quote.

I haven't really followed this story, to be honest, but large groups (or even small groups) of angry people can be both intimidating and immediately threatening. Just ask any lynch mob.
This is true, however it is hard to gauge how the group was acting. They could've been intimidating, they could've been aggressive, they could've just been there for moral support whilst Cicciaro had a one-on-one with White.

west-phoenix-az wrote:

The wife of the shooter has a good point. If the group was breaking the law, which it appears they were, they should also be charged. Their actions contributed to and probably instigated the shooting. They should have called 911 just as the father should have. The father should have remained in the home and called police.
I too agree their actions "probably" contributed, but reasonable doubt suggests we can't make that assumption.
Reciprocity
I'm all for killing home invaders.  The home is the final defensible boundary.  If you enter my home uninvited, I will probably kill you.  This guy either chose to leave the security of his home or he chose not to retreat into his home when these guys approached.  There may be extenuating circumstances that we're unaware of, so I'm not gunna say this guy is a hero or a murderer.

I'm sure some would say no person should have to retreat from his or her property.  This isn't the wild west.  If you've got opportunity to secure yourself and your family,  you take it.  and then you call the police.
mikkel
+383|6605

Reciprocity wrote:

I'm all for killing home invaders.  The home is the final defensible boundary.  If you enter my home uninvited, I will probably kill you.
That's pretty extreme. Are you saying that you are likely to kill people who enter your home uninvited and pose a threat that you can't otherwise disarm, or is trespassing in itself a capital offense in your corner of the world?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6720

mikkel wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

I'm all for killing home invaders.  The home is the final defensible boundary.  If you enter my home uninvited, I will probably kill you.
That's pretty extreme. Are you saying that you are likely to kill people who enter your home uninvited and pose a threat that you can't otherwise disarm, or is trespassing in itself a capital offense in your corner of the world?
Don't try to step into someone's home uninvited. Is your life worth so little as a tv set you trying to steal?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
mikkel
+383|6605

Cybargs wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

Don't try to step into someone's home uninvited. Is your life worth so little as a tv set you trying to steal?
Where do you get the part about theft from? I don't see how your reply is relevant to the question I asked Reciprocity.

Last edited by mikkel (2010-07-08 23:47:25)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard