Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
That octopus is pretty awesome.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6712|Scotland
I fell asleep last night in the last 10 mins, obv I didn't miss anything.

lol I can't believe I fell asleep.. I never do that. I was betting on a Germany win, they just didn't shine. Spain played good football, although I strongly believe Oezil should have been given the free kick.

Ah well, Spain and Holland are good for me
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6482|Gogledd Cymru

Özil*
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6624|Finland

Surgeons wrote:

..if Schweinsteiger wasn't having to play a more defensive role he would've run the midfield just like he did against Argentina and England.

tl;dr fuck Spain
If auntie had a pair of testies, auntie would be an uncle. (old Finnish proverb)

Schweinsteiger was forced to play a more defensive role because of the way Spain played, he was marked and played out, so that "if" doesn't actually exist. I doubt Löw gave any orders to "keep it defensive, we don't want you to score any goals now".
I need around tree fiddy.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6664|UK
Howard Webb will be the ref in the final.  Should be a good final as he lets the game flow.

although he has dished out the second most cards in the tournament....

Last edited by m3thod (2010-07-08 10:57:53)

Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
BLdw
+27|5164|M104 "Sombrero"

m3thod wrote:

Howard Webb will be the ref in the final.  Should be a good final as he lets the game flow.

although he has dished out the second most cards in the tournament....
I think the referee (Viktor Kassai) in Germany - Spain match did very well.
Kez
+778|5695|London, UK
so England got to the final after all
SEREVENT
MASSIVE G STAR
+605|6100|Birmingham, UK
I wish Uriah Rennie was the ref
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

Man, the hatred for Spanish football here is rife. Thank fuck I didn't stick my head in this topic till now.

Frankly, they outplayed Germany. Simple as that.

Also, I haven't heard a single commentator say that it was a bad game or it was boring or Spain's gameplay was poor. Just you guys. Stop being bitter, you little bitches.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6514
hasnt been much hate. youre trippin yet again
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6748|Scotland

ig wrote:

hasnt been much hate. youre trippin yet again
Read back a couple of pages. Ted, Camm etc all slating them. I don't mind, it was just an observation.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6318|England
Spain absolutely fucked Germany up second half. Pedro played absolutely brilliantly, but I can't believe he pussied his chance away. Great goal by Puyol too, an absolute rocket of a header. They just looked like they wanted to win it more.
BLdw
+27|5164|M104 "Sombrero"

Zimmer wrote:

Also, I haven't heard a single commentator say that it was a bad game or it was boring or Spain's gameplay was poor.
I think it was boring game, it was like a crowd of men trying to open a big tuna can.

I'm not going to say "Spaniards" play badly, actually they play very well (despite the fact that they had some trouble finishing goals...), but if you compare the way Spanish play today to how Germany played 20 years ago, there's very little difference. They move closer to the "enemy line" step by step, pass by pass, then pass it back to some defender and start building again. This is exactly what majority of people called "unoriginal" and boring football when Germany did it, but now when Spanish are doing it, it's just beautiful, tactical victory and full of imagination.

Reason why yesterday's match wasn't dead boring and why there was at least some "action" is because Germany defended so close to their goal (almost) the whole time. Whole this world Cup Germany have tried to keep it fast paced, as it seemed to suit their young team the best. Now Germany didn't play at all like that. Instead of playing like the way they played before, they stalled the game and even kept passing the ball back to Spanish players. There was good game in the last 8 minutes of the first half when the ball was actually moving -- and in the end when Germany had to take risks to even the game. During these moments the game was opened a bit and it looked like a... normal football between two good teams.

I think the iron defence (hah, iron...) Germany build up sucked big time and killed the whole match. This made the game very slow paced. Of course this might feel completely different for a supporter of either of the teams, but for me the game was boring because of that. Only thing I really liked was the good referee (he didn't whistle for nothing) and very clean game (no bad tackles and no crazy attempts of diving) which allowed very free flow in the game.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6731|The Hague, Netherlands

Spain played very well when it came down to passing between players, with finishing tho it sucked sometimes pretty big time.

example with the Pedro guy... nice moves and all but then, seen it some more times too. heard a Spain player say it also "we want too much then" or something like that. They should just shoot the damn ball at the goal.

Germany just felt if they were playing with a 500ton car on their backs or something. All I hope for Sunday is some open play with goal chances. Not a boring passing between players match where we are still at 0-0 in the 75th minute or something, for me then the best team can win. As for The Netherlands, we should be playing a lot better on Sunday against Spain to have a chance. The passing between players in most our matches sucked big time, lethal against Ze Spaniards.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6564

zimmer, it's all probably for you rather than Spain since your raging earlier in the thread

and not forgetting that England's a better side, just unlucky

Last edited by Toilet Sex (2010-07-08 20:17:18)

CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6122|Carnoustie MASSIF
https://www.picselate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/closeup.gif

also, spain would rip england apart
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637
Dutch legend Johan Cruyff has tipped Spain to beat his native Netherlands in the World Cup final, claiming it would be better for football if their Barcelona-style play won out.

There's no doubt that Germany knew what it was going to go through, just like Holland is probably thinking now. If you go up against a team that wants to keep the ball, you're going to suffer.
source
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6482|Gogledd Cymru

The Barcelona style inspired by a certain Mr Cruyff and another Mr Michels no less
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6666|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Toilet Sex wrote:

zimmer, it's all probably for you rather than Spain since your raging earlier in the thread

since 66
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

CammRobb wrote:

https://www.picselate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/closeup.gif

also, spain would rip england apart
McDonald's is in ur pic, sellin in ur game.
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6564

1927 wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

since 66
yeah! Spain are just a one man team (Villa), England have a strong side all round.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6664|UK
The almighty Paul has spoken.

Spain will win the world cup

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/10566287.stm
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6666|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

Toilet Sex wrote:

1927 wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

since 66
yeah! Spain are just a one man team (Villa), England have a strong side all round.
We're still talking football arnt we?
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6564

1927 wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

1927 wrote:

since 66
We're still talking football arnt we?
Yeah
jord
+2,382|6670|The North, beyond the wall.

Zimmer wrote:

Man, the hatred for Spanish football here is rife.
Ironic irony.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard