YoBabysDaddy
+31|6821|St. Louis, MO
This is a game and not a professional sport.Besides,it's a little late for that.None of us had to qualify in some practice round.Why should someone who just bought the game have to?
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6741|Malaga, España
i dont mind if newcomers take the jet. they will learn fast i think after they crashed the first 24 hours of their gameplay in the ground.

but what about Preventing n00bs standing in front of ur plane?
JimKong
+31|6640|Ohio
Hell, why don't we apply this idea to all vehicles then?

Um.... no. Worst idea ever.
IC_Draconis
+9|6716
Let's see the situation from a 3rd point of view.

I prefer to play as a ground troop...and honestly...even if your team has a really n00b pilot and the enemy team has a real good one, you can still win that round easily. So we can live without the über pilots helping hands.

Anyway, if you can't get a plane or  chopper or any other vehicle, I'm 100% sure that you can find plenty other "roles" which is helping your team in the current situation.

I'm personally fed up with people who spend their whole turn next to the helipads and airstrips.
It doesn't matter what you say..."OMG that guy can't fly but he took the jet..." or whatever.
If there are no free vehicle go and play in another role. Now that will help your team. Gathering by the vehicle spawn point and spamming useless comments won't.

Live with it...that flight departed.

PS: I kindly ask everyone NOT to play squad leader in an open squad while flying...that's the most annoying thing in a good working squad.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6717|Melbourne, Australia
most of the time i get a n00b gunner.. the other choppper im vursing is a n00b to easy kill for me and my rockets
Slickfish
+24|6621
I've given up on heli's, im a average pilot and gunner and im sick of all the idiots they attract!
I used to enjoy them but after being flown out of bounds, crashed etc etc etc I can't be bothered.

I can see where everyone coming from but I think it would be better if admins just removed players who are being idiots, TK for heli is so common its unreal and I've never seen anyone kicked for it.

I agree a full server isn't the place to learn to fly but im not going to go mad about it if a new player gets in  a heli or jet, its up to them, they end up looking silly when it's in bits after 10 seconds.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6705|67.222.138.85
I think that anybody currently saying this idea is a bad idea would change their mind greatly if asked right after they got into the gunner's seat if an attack chopper that someone just ran into a tree shortly after getting off the ground.

I think they should definitely have something like this, but only make it so it takes like five minutes. Its not hard to get through, but at least you have some idea what's going on and you have a little determination to fly.
*ToRRo*cT|
Spanish Sniper-Wh0re
+199|6741|Malaga, España
well actually the plane doesnt really help the team to win. its handy to clear out a chokepoint of enemy units and they can take out the enemy Jet so he doesnt bomb ur teams ass away.

but for the rest the Ground units have to cap the flags, and flag are in this game to victory. if your team has a horrible pilot and the enemy team has an Expert one...well may be anoying when your in the middle of a firefight and suddently BLAM! ur away.. but it doesnt cap flags..so the jet is just to support the ground units of his team and to cover them by taking out the enemy air units.

as a ground pounding team it can come in handy to have a good pilot that watches ur back.

so the jet has more of an Supportive Role in the game, then it does lead the team.

Last edited by *ToRRo*cT| (2006-05-03 07:40:33)

IC_Draconis
+9|6716

*ToRRo*cT| wrote:

well actually the plane doesnt really help the team to win. its handy to clear out a chokepoint of enemy units and they can take out the enemy Jet so he doesnt bomb ur teams ass away.

but for the rest the Ground units have to cap the flags, and flag are in this game to victory. if your team has a horrible pilot and the enemy team has an Expert one...well may be anoying when your in the middle of a firefight and suddently BLAM! ur away.. but it doesnt cap flags..so the jet is just to support the ground units of his team and to cover them by taking out the enemy air units.

as a ground pounding team it can come in handy to have a good pilot that watches ur back.

so the jet has more of an Supportive Role in the game, then it does lead the team.
Well said mate!

Your opinion is very similar to mine. /Check my post before/

Snipers see things different...That means +1

Last edited by IC_Draconis (2006-05-03 09:48:12)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard