Archer
rapes face
+161|6430|Canuckistan

Lai wrote:

I think both of you are waaaaaaaaay past that. You don't need a question that might lead to a date, you need a question for a date. Don't call it a date if that's not your style. Personally I hate fixed determinations. Just ask her to go somewhere nice, preferably not the movies actually. You seem to know her quite long/well so you should be able to think of something more 'tailored' to the two of you. You can add that it would be just the two of you if you want to make sure. If she doesn't get thát,.. I'll report you for dating an infant XD
So I just ask her to go to <place> outright without warning? How do I even imply that it would just be the two of us? We're always around friends. In what manner would I ask that wouldn't look weird/offensive in regards to my cocky self? Are you sure complimenting (and immediately following up with my invitation) her when she's staring me down wouldn't work in my favor due to petty flattery?

P.S. I'm 16, does that change anything? ><
Also lmao, only I would cockblock myself. Gah.

Uzique, I don't understand.. "getting on with it" sounds pretty vague tbh lol

thanks guys.

Last edited by Archer (2010-07-03 06:31:23)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6477
"getting on with it" means the best way to interact with girls and develop/maintain/solve relationships is to actually go out and get stuck in them. you can hypothetically talk about this or this and that then this etc. the best guide in relationships is your own personal intuition and your ability at judging situations on-the-spot as they develop. similarly, your best strength in picking up and developing a relationship is your inter-personal skills with the girl... which aren't going to be developed by talking about the girl or your problems endlessly on the internet. this thread is good as a total last-resort; it's good when you're exasperated or frustrated to the point of no-end and need a "now what?" moment. but the 'grassroots' parts of relationships cannot be taught.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-07-03 06:14:19)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Lai
+186|6157

Archer wrote:

Lai wrote:

I think both of you are waaaaaaaaay past that. You don't need a question that might lead to a date, you need a question for a date. Don't call it a date if that's not your style. Personally I hate fixed determinations. Just ask her to go somewhere nice, preferably not the movies actually. You seem to know her quite long/well so you should be able to think of something more 'tailored' to the two of you. You can add that it would be just the two of you if you want to make sure. If she doesn't get thát,.. I'll report you for dating an infant XD
So I just ask her to go to <place> outright without warning? How do I even imply that it would just be the two of us? We're always around friends. In what manner would I ask that wouldn't look weird/offensive in regards to my cocky self? Are you sure complimenting (and immediately following up with my invitation) her when she's staring me down wouldn't work in my favor due to petty flattery?

P.S. I'm 16, does that change anything? ><
Also lmao, only I would cockblock myself. Gah.

Uzique, I don't understand.. "getting on with it" sounds pretty vague tbh lol

thanks guys.
No being 16 changes nothing.

But pfooooooo,.. of course I can't be sure petty flattery doesn't work, but from your story I got that it's not your style and generally speaking, trying to be something/someone you're not is not gonna work in your advantage.

And yes, outright without warning would be the best way. You actually want it to be a bit weird/offensive, that is how you imply it is not just for with a group of friends. Other than that you don't imply anything. If she doesn't get it, you just say it. Like: "we could just go together" or something along that line.
Archer
rapes face
+161|6430|Canuckistan
Alright, after talking it over with my mate it turns out she said "I wasn't expecting that. O_o" to "Sure" after a lot of awkward "Ummmms". (Keep in mind that this on the way to a really long rollercoaster climb.) I don't really know what to take from this, they're still going out to dinner and I'm just kind of left on the sidelines what's going on. Should I still legitimately ask her out? :S

Last edited by Archer (2010-07-03 10:17:39)

Lai
+186|6157
Hmmm,..you got yourself a nice one there

I'd still say you've a fair chance. By the sound of it she is just being polite. However, I wouldn't ask her out untill a bit after their date. It's rather rude to jump in between, and it's not a game of darts were each player has his turn.
=NHB=Shadow
hi
+322|6372|California
Just do it.
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6638

brown parents ftw?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6786|Great Brown North
challeng your friend to a duel

a duel with pool noodles (since you're too young to have pistols)
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6574|Mountains of NC

both drop drawers .... whos got the biggest junk ........... wins
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Archer
rapes face
+161|6430|Canuckistan
Meh, screw it. I don't get to see her until the end of this month and things are complicated enough already. Not counting on her to embrace and fawn over me when I do. We'll see what happens.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6697|Devon, England
Why don't you IRC anymore? I loved your racism.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6655
Just man up and ask her out bud...I can't tell you the countless times I wish I asked a girl out, didn't and regretted it. The worst that can happen is the awkward situation that might arise if she rejects you but at least you know where you stand and can get on with your love life rather than faffing about.

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2010-07-04 01:28:44)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5185|Sydney
I went to the bus last night and a girl got there at the same time as I. She was pretty cute and we checked out the timetable together and started to chat, then the bus came. We sat at opposite seats and I wondered how I could get her name or number without seeming like a weirdo, then her stop came and she looked a little flushed, gave me a smile and said "have a good night" and got off the bus. All I know is she must live near me (I heard her walking down the street across the road from my house when I walked out the front door, her calf high boots clacking on the footpath) and she goes to uni, probably the one also near me.

I regret not taking the chance but I might see her again...
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6762|Scotland

Jaekus wrote:

I went to the bus last night and a girl got there at the same time as I. She was pretty cute and we checked out the timetable together and started to chat, then the bus came. We sat at opposite seats and I wondered how I could get her name or number without seeming like a weirdo, then her stop came and she looked a little flushed, gave me a smile and said "have a good night" and got off the bus. All I know is she must live near me (I heard her walking down the street across the road from my house when I walked out the front door, her calf high boots clacking on the footpath) and she goes to uni, probably the one also near me.

I regret not taking the chance but I might see her again...
You're a tool.

Just go up to her and say "I know this is a bit forward, but could I get your number?" or "Now we've spoken a bit, I'd like your number". You got to be confident in these situations, even if you're shitting it inside. If you act casual about it all, then she'll like that and gladly give it to you. The "shy" move also works, but it entirely depends on the girl then.

Or, "Hey, you seem like a really nice girl, can I get your number?". It's not hard, and if you think there could be something there, don't even hesitate in doing it. The only reason you shouldn't is if she's with her boyfriend... something which I learnt the hard way. Still, not my fault as she was the one staring at me lulz.
Jaekus
+957|5185|Sydney
I've been out of the game for a while, but yeah I'll do it next time.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6762|Scotland

Jaekus wrote:

The one that has never failed is "Hi, what's your name?".

I've used "Hey, I'm sorry but you're two absolutely stunning girls, can I get your numbers?" and that's never failed. Always been better in groups, but works equally well with one girl.
Jaekus
+957|5185|Sydney
Ahh you're making me regret it even more!
Ioan92
+337|5728

Zimmer wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

I've used "Hey, I'm sorry but you're two absolutely stunning girls, can I get your numbers?" and that's never failed. Always been better in groups, but works equally well with one girl.
HAH!, if you knew what opportunity I missed lately you would kill yourself.

So me and her talking on net, always super friendly to me, fuck, she even likes BC2... Or I think. I ask her wassup, she super bored, I am too, I could of asked her out, but NOOOOOOOOOO

Instead we played chess together.

iFail
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6762|Scotland

Ioan92 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

HAH!, if you knew what opportunity I missed lately you would kill yourself.

So me and her talking on net, always super friendly to me, fuck, she even likes BC2... Or I think. I ask her wassup, she super bored, I am too, I could of asked her out, but NOOOOOOOOOO

Instead we played chess together.

iFail
You can come back for that and ask her some other time, but when you physically meet a girl and don't know if you're going to see her again, you're kinda royally fucked. See example: Jaekus.
Jaekus
+957|5185|Sydney
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6197|Roma
Yeah Jaekus, you really fucked up.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jaekus
+957|5185|Sydney
Jeez dude, I know!
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6629|Little Bentcock
yeah, jeez jaekus
Jaekus
+957|5185|Sydney
Pretty sure she lives in my area, she was walking past my house to the bus stop 50 metres down the road, and she said she goes to uni where my flatmate also studies. I might ask her if she knows of anyone in the area who goes to uni who fits her description. I missed the boat and I'm pissed at myself.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6629|Little Bentcock
hopefully she'll walk past again

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard