[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6183
Well shit, what a day.
Background info:
I live in a family of 10, 4 of us are biological, the other 4 are adopted (3 from Russia 1 from China).

This morning, we received a call from the adoption agency we used to adopt my sister from China (adoption agencies handle the paper work, contacting orphanages etc). Here is an excerpt from a message that was passed on from the orphanage from which my sister was adopted from:

In April of 2010, (name removed) applied to our institute for international adoption. She
said she had an identical twin sister who had been adopted in America several years ago. She said
when she was young her caregiver told her this adoption. But she had no impression (sic)
on this caregiver.
After checking (name removed)’s file, there has no information (sic) indicating that she has
a sister. But after checking international adoption children’s files, we find a child
named (name removed) has similar information as (name removed). They were both born on
6-1-1997. They are both from Humen County. They both have cleft lip (rare genetic disorder) and their
baby photos looks like each other.
Now, we would call bullshit on this, but my sister has always maintained that she had a sister; we always thought she was referring to a friend or such at the orphanage. Also, they sent a recent picture and they look exactly the same. Now, I am an identical twin too, but my brother and I look nowhere close to this similar.

We are getting DNA testing done, but if it is in fact the identical twin, we will do our best to adopt her.

BATSHIT INSANE!
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6695|Devon, England
You're not an identical twin if you and your brother look different, you're just a twin.
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6183

FFLink wrote:

You're not an identical twin if you and your brother look different, you're just a twin.
Not sure if srs. . . Identical vs Fraternal has nothing to do with how you look. Trust me, I know the difference and I am identical.
http://www.drspock.com/article/0,1510,5089,00.html

Did I just get trolled?
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6576

[HOF]Mercenary wrote:

Did I just get trolled?
https://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/FFLink13/P2220069.jpg

yeah bro
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6742|Oxferd Ohire

FFLink wrote:

well he did say he and his brother dont look as similar as his adopted sister and her sis, so that leaves room for them still being identical. . they look similar but not very similar
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6676|UK

Toilet Sex wrote:

[HOF]Mercenary wrote:

Did I just get trolled?
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/ … 220069.jpg

yeah bro
which one is the girl?
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6475
i love the fact that ive been cheapshotted by fflink so many times in the past when he looks like... well, that

congrats mercenary some interesting times ahead for your family!
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FFLink
There is.
You're all jealous.

BTW, that picture is... 4 and a half years old.

Holy shit, that was ages ago.

Wait, no, 3 and a half.

Last edited by FFLink (2010-06-30 20:12:07)

mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6659

FFLink is the inspiration for Twilight vampires
FFLink
There is.

mtb0minime wrote:

FFLink is the inspiration for Twilight vampires
How'd you figure?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6742|Oxferd Ohire
i havent seen any pics of him glittery. .
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
FFLink
There is.

RTHKI wrote:

i havent seen any pics of him glittery. .
Clearly you haven't seen my latest film, LINK X-RATED XXX GLITTERMODE
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6659

You need some sun, boy. I know it's all rainy and cloudy up in England, but surely the sun comes out once in a while?

FFLink
There is.
You're right, I did need sun.

3 and a half years ago.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5183|Sydney

RTHKI wrote:

FFLink wrote:

well he did say he and his brother dont look as similar as his adopted sister and her sis, so that leaves room for them still being identical. . they look similar but not very similar
Huh?

I thought identical meant exactly the same, not similar, which implies not being exactly the same.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5242|Cleveland, Ohio

m3thod wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

[HOF]Mercenary wrote:

Did I just get trolled?
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/ … 220069.jpg

yeah bro
which one is the girl?
i love you sometimes

Last edited by 11 Bravo (2010-07-01 00:11:44)

Benzin
+576|6003
That's awesome that your family has adopted so many children. Hope your sister's twin can come and live with you guys.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6814|Nårvei

[HOF]Mercenary wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Not sure if srs. . . Identical vs Fraternal has nothing to do with how you look. Trust me, I know the difference and I am identical.

Did I just get trolled?
Wat wat wat?

Of course identical vs fraternal has very much to do with how you look ... identical twins have if at all very tiny differences seeing as they come from the same egg while fraternal is two seperate eggs getting fertilized ... even the article you linked from states that very fact ...

So if you look much different from your twin you are not identical but just a sibling with the same birthday aka two sperms and two eggs ...

And yes I am a father of twins ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6625|London, England
Why do so many americans adopt from China and such? Why can't you start closer to home?

Even super red white and blue patriots like FEOS adopt from red China

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2010-07-01 03:23:20)

Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6580|London
Because everyone seceretly wants to parent some genius prodigy
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6183

Varegg wrote:

[HOF]Mercenary wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Did I just get trolled?
Wat wat wat?

Of course identical vs fraternal has very much to do with how you look ... identical twins have if at all very tiny differences seeing as they come from the same egg while fraternal is two seperate eggs getting fertilized ... even the article you linked from states that very fact ...

So if you look much different from your twin you are not identical but just a sibling with the same birthday aka two sperms and two eggs ...

And yes I am a father of twins ...
Well of course the majority of identical twins look similar, but it is a result of the twins coming from a single egg which splits in the womb. Sharing genetics makes identical twins identical, not, technically, how they look. Looking the same, in my opinion, is a side effect of sharing the same genetics.

Of course, I never said that me and my brother l look different, I merely stated that my adopted sister and her supposed twin look more similair then my brother and I.

I guess a more appropriate statement would have been, "Identical twins do not necessarily look exactly the same. Sharing DNA is what technically decides identical vs fraternal."

Mekstizzle wrote:

Why do so many americans adopt from China and such? Why can't you start closer to home?

Well, I believe for a lot of people what you are getting at may be true. People, if they're going to go to the trouble want the recognition for adopting the kid.

In my families case, each of the children we have adopted has had a major "problem" that we can afford to provide treatment for, but most families could not. For example, in this case, my sister has cleft pallet. Paying for plastic surgeons for multiple operations is not something most people can provide funding for.

My little brother (born in Mongolia) is missing three of the fingers on his right hand. It is not genetic, but rather the result of parental abuse before he was admitted to the orphanage. In his case, we (meaning of course my father) paid for an operation that would have used two of his toes as fingers, hopefully enabling him to use the hand. Unfortunately, my little brother was allergic to the anesthetic and the operation was not able to be performed.

I guess my point is that there are compelling reasons to adopt internally and to foreign countries. For example, internally, kids will grow up in foster homes. Not optimal, but they will get a formal education. In Russia, if a kid hasn't been adopted by 15 he or she is kicked out of the orphanage.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6814|Nårvei

You used the phrase "Identical vs Fraternal has nothing to do with how you look"

When your DNA is a 100% match it sure has a lot to do with how you look ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
[HOF]Mercenary
o_O
+53|6183

Varegg wrote:

You used the phrase "Identical vs Fraternal has nothing to do with how you look"

When your DNA is a 100% match it sure has a lot to do with how you look ...

[HOF]Mercenary wrote:

I guess a more appropriate statement would have been, "Identical twins do not necessarily look exactly the same. Sharing DNA is what technically decides identical vs fraternal."
I agree! My statement was not accurate. Thank you for the correction.
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6384|MN
Congrats on the possible bigger family.  I Hope she is a twin and you guys are able to adopt her.

Mekstizzle wrote:

Lots of reasons.  You want a full page response?  Here is the short version (results may vary):

• Cost
  • Less complicated
  • Need
  • Less/no Biological influence
  • More?

Aries_37 wrote:

Because everyone seceretly wants to parent some genius prodigy
Yeah, that must be it.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard