Harmontri
+1|5056
I did try to post this is techniques, strats and guides, but I guess I can't post there, moderator only approved threads get moved there if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask you guys, can you give me any tips on how to increase my accuracy with the AK74 at range? I mean, I've come across players who can seem to land every shot at range, but when it comes to myself, sometimes I land my shots, sometimes not, especially if I'm having to make several shots at a time. I thought this would be something I would figure out when I got better/played more, but I still haven't 'figured it out/got the feel' for the AK74 at range. I'm in the prone position and I've tried aiming for the bodymass, and then firing a single shot, wait to limit the deviation/recoil on the next shot, then fire again. I've also tried firing two shots at a time and then rest, then the same again, but I've still got no consistency for range. Maybe I need to aim my crosshair down and to the left a bit or something?

I mean, looking at the weapons table the deviation per shot/recoil doesn't seem too bad, in fact it's the same as other weapons I'm not too bad with at range, but the AK... Still, how some people manage to master this impresses me, especially the L85, that's a gun I can't handle, the recoil is just crazy on that thing, long or short!

Can you guys offer any insight into this at all?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
There is no Ak74 in BF2.

Aim, single shot. Tappa tappa tappa.

Play some single player and do some experiments on bots to see where shots land.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2010-06-28 15:03:54)

Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5510|America
It's impossible to make every shot with any weapon count since hit reg in BF2 is still garbage.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Harmontri
+1|5056
Lol, damn, well whatever that AK number is, you know the one I'm talking about, MEC medic/assault. I have tried to practise with the bots a bit, but bots do no behave! Those damn idiots ALWAYS jump in vehicles.

Blade4509, hit reg huh? That makes me feel a little better. I must have missed that whole era in the BF2 community.

Last edited by Harmontri (2010-06-28 15:14:56)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
You missed about five years of BF2 eras. But that's ok. It's AK-101 by the way. The more you play, the more you will feel how the weapons behave. It will come to you.
Harmontri
+1|5056
Such a shame. I shoudn't have, I mean I first got my account registered way back in 2005, round about when this first came out. The thing was, that this was when I played at my friend's house - I didn't actually have BF2 nor a PC that could run it, so I could only play it at his when I could get him off it lol! Then I went several years without it until a big gaming LAN centre opened near my college and I got my mate hooked too, lol. That was about 3 years ago now. I then finally got my own copy of BF2 - now let me tell you, I don't play many games, let alone buy them, so getting my own copy meant that this game must be pretty damn good! I finally got a capable laptop (after having to sneak my girlfriend's laptop away to play BF2 on it, lol) and here I am... It's a shame I'll never get to play some of the other maps (like Iron Gator referred to in another post), but then again, I'm pretty happy just playing Karkand all the time with some Dragon Valley thrown in.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6176|Sydney | ♥

crouching one shot = greater accuracy.

Also, if you're realliny into infantry combat, you can read some of the older guides.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=55088

This also shows the hit detection spot for each gun.

ALSO! Patch 1.5 means that prone spamming now gives a 5 second deveation after you prone. that is, your accuracy is close to a drugged moose for 5 seconds.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6464|cuntshitlake

marinejuana's guide is the best on bf2s. a couple of tips from me:

• do not use ironsights unless extreme range. the crosshair is accurate enough and aiming down the sight shits your mobility.
  • tap your fire button for single-shots / short bursts medium-long range, only spray auto at close quarters (unless you are swedish or german in which case ignore this point)
  • never put your AK on single shot. single shots on full auto are just as accurate.
  • crouchspam, most of the time proning is only useful for hiding (and bullet evading because pronespamming makes your hitbox crazy)
main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney

tazz. wrote:

crouching one shot = greater accuracy.
Beat me to it. Good playing against you earlier too
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6000|Vortex Ring State
There is a AK-74, the AK-74U.

I was gonna say...

Carbines require no aim with their RDSs.

Crouch, fire, they're almost laser accurate like that.
pace51
Boom?
+194|5174|Markham, Ontario

Harmontri wrote:

Such a shame. I shoudn't have, I mean I first got my account registered way back in 2005, round about when this first came out. The thing was, that this was when I played at my friend's house - I didn't actually have BF2 nor a PC that could run it, so I could only play it at his when I could get him off it lol! Then I went several years without it until a big gaming LAN centre opened near my college and I got my mate hooked too, lol. That was about 3 years ago now. I then finally got my own copy of BF2 - now let me tell you, I don't play many games, let alone buy them, so getting my own copy meant that this game must be pretty damn good! I finally got a capable laptop (after having to sneak my girlfriend's laptop away to play BF2 on it, lol) and here I am... It's a shame I'll never get to play some of the other maps (like Iron Gator referred to in another post), but then again, I'm pretty happy just playing Karkand all the time with some Dragon Valley thrown in.
Hmmm. Try using the crosshairs up close, and bursts with the iron sights at range. If you're low health, zoom in and go full auto on your target, you'll get a few hits quickly.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6328|Australia
I've had some luck putting the crosshairs/sights on their chest and firing a short burst - the recoil takes it up to their head.

Also, with the L85, only fire it with single shots unless your target is right in front of you. Even 2-3 round bursts will send your bullets clear of your target.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6000|Vortex Ring State

Harmontri wrote:

You can play Iron Gator... Just buy the SF pack
Harmontri
+1|5056
Thanks for all the tip folks. I will certainly go through those guides.

It's not that I can't physically play it, in the last patch, EA opened up all the SF and AF maps to everyone (am I right?). It's just that no one plays it very often/servers with people playing it are hard to come by.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
Uhh, the AK-101 is actually really inaccurate.
Harmontri
+1|5056
DUnlimited, those tips you gave me man have really made a difference! Thanks a lot dude.

Tazz, when you say prone spamming, at what point does BF2 consider you to be prone spamming? Proning twice in the space of three seconds or something?

Last edited by Harmontri (2010-07-02 16:11:27)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard