eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
you*re

and I think than instead of then

Last edited by eleven bravo (2010-06-28 14:53:56)

Tu Stultus Es
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6779|Marathon, Florida Keys
My gpa was 10.5 and donald trump highered me at the graduation afterparty when i did a beer funnel with him.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Lai
+186|6121

Uzique wrote:

honestly if i had kids, i wouldn't be so overwhelmed with emotion at their 'graduation' from secondary school with GCSE's

you can train a chimp to graduate at that level - it's all learning-by-rote at an elementary level

sure i'll be proud as hell if, hypothetically, i have children that actually graduate (i.e. from college)

school? congrats kid, you got pushed through an obligatory legal-requirement education curriculum, now jog on and actually achieve something
Nah,.. depends on the system as well I guess.

I Holland they haven't got A-levels, leaving certs or high schools as you know them. Rather they have a grammar school system where kids are admitted to different levels of education when they're twelve. There are two types of schools were graduating automatically means admission to University, no tests required and regardless of grades.

+ Pros: Better education aimed at the particular intellectual capabilities of individual persons.
- Cons: You can't always fucking know someone's definite intellectual capabilities at the age of twelve.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
People cry because it marks then end of a large part of their lives, parents cry because "their baby is all grown up". Nobody cries because of their vast feat of academia.
GR34
+215|6515|ALBERTA> CANADA
2010 get some hed! lol you should know where that's from ryan
Wallpaper
+303|5964|The pool
owned. I graduated a month ago
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Wallpaper wrote:

owned. I graduated a month ago
owned! i graduated . . . i'd rather not say!
VicktorVauhn
+319|6362|Southern California

eleven bravo wrote:

you*re

Yeah, and I graduated from high school... fucking easily.

But really, you*re a fucking douche bag who thinks memorizing a few rules is what make you smart... It's a video game forum and its pretty pathetic to be so hung up on trivial grammar that you correct shit like that.

If your going to play grammar nazi at least learn the rules enough to make corrections with out having to guess.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6100|North Tonawanda, NY

VicktorVauhn wrote:

If your going to play grammar nazi at least learn the rules enough to make corrections with out having to guess.
har
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

VicktorVauhn wrote:

If your going to play grammar nazi
you*re
Reciprocity
+721|6550|the dank(super) side of Oregon
Sentient androids can't make contractions.

it's a fact.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

Reciprocity wrote:

Sentient androids can't make contractions.

it's a fact.
how do they give birth?
Reciprocity
+721|6550|the dank(super) side of Oregon
grammatical contractions.

robits can't make babies....?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6507|Long Island, New York

Ryan wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

What exactly is there to be nervous about? You walk on, shake someones hand, walk off.
Yea but it's the atmosphere. Around 300 grads, 800 or so people in the audience. Some will be crying, others clapping, etc.

Just hard to imagine how 12 years went by so fast, and how the ceremonies will be over in like 3 hours.
pff

i walked with 687 other grads and 5000 people in the audience

pussy canadians
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD
Yeah I wasn't nervous either. Although I did accidentally trip on the leg of some stupid table and nearly fell, but I swiftly regained my composure and gait and grabbed my diploma. I was tempted to say "haha, now I have my diploma, you can't take it away motherfucker" but let's be real, I'm not ballsy/stupid enough to do that.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom

VicktorVauhn wrote:

eleven bravo wrote:

you*re

Yeah, and I graduated from high school... fucking easily.

But really, you*re a fucking douche bag who thinks memorizing a few rules is what make you smart... It's a video game forum and its pretty pathetic to be so hung up on trivial grammar that you correct shit like that.

what a moron
Tu Stultus Es
Jackabo
+127|6528|Dublin, Ireland
I graduated 3 weeks ago. I played guitar for the ceremony songs and brought up the bread and wine (we have a mass for our graduation ceremony). It was really nice. It was like 2 hours long but everybody enjoyed it. After we went into town and got shitfaced.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Congrats.

Though in Aus we say "I completed High School" and only consider a Graduation from University, which Americans call College.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
yea we graduate from college even if the school is a university in name
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

ig wrote:

grats. nothing to be nervous aboot
ya.....not exactly a tough accomplishment either.
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

lol I come back and there's 3 pages of replies.

That was exciting last night, boring, but good.
The banquet is tonight and the after party. Gonna be fuuuun.
Ryan
+1,230|6813|Alberta, Canada

VicktorVauhn wrote:

Ryan wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

What exactly is there to be nervous about? You walk on, shake someones hand, walk off.
Yea but it's the atmosphere. Around 300 grads, 800 or so people in the audience. Some will be crying, others clapping, etc.

Just hard to imagine how 12 years went by so fast, and how the ceremonies will be over in like 3 hours.
If you cry at a highschool graduation, you are probably retarded.

How can you be that amazed/excited/emotionally drained by accomplishing what 99% or more of functioning society already has?

Highschool graduation is expected, routine, and means little more then your not a complete fuck up.
Unlike 98% of the kids in my grad class, I actually tried my hardest, not just in grade 12, but throughout school.

I achieved honor standings from grade 2 through 12, each consecutive year. I couldn't get it in grade one because they ddin't offer it.

So yea, to me it is an achievement. Most kids slack off, grab their diploma and go work at a fast food joint or the oil rigs for the rest of their lives, but I want something more than that, hence why I put so much effort into doing well in school.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

11 Bravo wrote:

not exactly a tough accomplishment either.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
i love how grandiose people are when they graduate from COMPULSORY education

all that starry-eyed rhetoric: "i want more for myself than just working the used-car lot..."

you've got a long way to go if you wanna become the next poster-child of the american dream

no offence, congrats to what you have accomplished so far... but don't milk it for more than it's worth
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
the year I finished high school, 80 out of 200+ seniors graduated. sad really.  if you end up going to jr college from my school back in 2000 it was major accomplishment

Last edited by eleven bravo (2010-06-29 08:18:27)

Tu Stultus Es

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard