Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6799|Nårvei

They've used two additional "goal-refs" in the Euro-league with great sucess but that's UEFA and not FIFA, FIFAs judgement was that on a lower level 6 judges would be far too exspensive.

Lets keep it then to the top of each national division and for championships like the Euro cup, World Cup, Copa America etc etc ...

Both matches yesterday had great flaws from both refs and FIFA will have to adress this!
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6573|England
Ok, I see how it would be simple to implement goal line cameras to see if the ball crossed the line.  When the argument for replays breaks down is in say tight offside calls.  For example, an attacking player recieves the ball and there is a suspicion of offside - what do you do?  Do you let play develop and see if a goal is scored, then go to the video replay?  It could take a good few minutes for that happen from the initial suspected incident.  If you do that, and the goal is judged fair due to no offside then all well and good, but if there was an offside then letting the play develop was a waste of time, then it has to be added on at the end of the half.  In the event of that happening twice or three times in a half you could see 10 mins being added on for those calls alone.  Another situation would be in the event of cards/sendings off.  Would the ref blow and then consult the replay?  What happens if the replay shows that no offence had been committed?  How do you restart the game?  Can't be with a free kick if no offence was committed.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
Varegg
+2,206|6799|Nårvei

You can't have video refs for eveything but the least you can have is to be sure if a goal is scored or not ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6313|New Haven, CT
I meant only in offsides that lead directly to goals and goals disallowed on offsides. The advantage conferred to the attacking team is reduced if the defense has time to catch up, and I don't think in that instance stopping play is worth it.

Regarding the cards, don't they restart the game from an injury with a throw-in because a team kicked it out? That should work for the requisite red card reviews.
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6573|England

nukchebi0 wrote:

Regarding the cards, don't they restart the game from an injury with a throw-in because a team kicked it out? That should work for the requisite red card reviews.
That is not an actual rule.  It's done in the name of sportsmanship.
"My best moment? I have a lot of good moments but the one I prefer is when I kicked the hooligan." - Eric Cantona.
BLdw
+27|5160|M104 "Sombrero"

Kmarion wrote:

I would be amazed if it was done within 30 seconds as well.
You are free to be amazed, we don't live in 1990's anymore. Let's take a look of replay from 6:20 in ARG - MEX game. Slide tackle takes place in 6:20 and slow motion of the situation is out at 6:28. Or 8:30 when slow motion of the situation is out couple seconds later at 8:36. There's no need for referee (main) to see instant replay to make his final call, they have headsets and they should use them the best they can. In my opinion this technology should be used to check game breaking events.

Kmarion wrote:

Make the right call in the first place
There have been bad calls ever since 1982 World Cups (that's the earliest world cup I watched), when is the right time we start making right calls in the first place? The only difference here is that these days football players act more and we have better technology to keep the game as fair as possible for both teams.

Kmarion wrote:

The stop and start process of video review would destroy the fluidity of the game.
I repeat myself here, no it does not. We don't live in 1990's anymore. We have the technology to watch instant replays couple seconds later, we have headsets to communicate with each-other, why not use them to our advantage?

Saying it's a slippery slope to [somewhere] and how it would end the free flow of the game is just odd. Instead of that, our current technology could make the game even more fluid, when we could just avoid wrong red cards and wrong goal calls.

Kmarion wrote:

Red cards can be appealed for the following games.
This must be such a relief for the team if they just dropped out because of it..
BLdw
+27|5160|M104 "Sombrero"

mikkel wrote:

It's always the newcomers, the people who've watched a match or two, who come to offer their expert opinions on the matter as if everyone else is wrong. These people need to come to terms with the fact that, apparently, they just don't like the sport, and that it doesn't mean that the sport should change. These people will stop moaning as soon as the World Cup is over, and the rest of us can get back to watching quality football from the best leagues.
That's the way to generalize.
nukchebi0
Пушкин, наше всё
+387|6313|New Haven, CT
Seriously, the referee wouldn't even need to hear complaints. They could have a separate replay official watching the game on a screen much like the TV announcers. If the latter can determine within 15-30 seconds a call was incorrect, wouldn't a trained official utilizing the same official be able to effortlessly correct the on-field call if necessary?
KingCheese
Paul Scholes
+77|6573|England
But I neeeeeeeeeeeeed my "referees and wanker" and "who's the bastard in the black" chants!
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6730

Fuck I Laughed
Varegg
+2,206|6799|Nårvei

He got a cut under his eye from that headbut, stupid camera man ... but I must admit I laughed
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6731|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann
gotta love the English, they were beaten by Germany in 2001 & Kevin Keegan resigned and there was a chorus from all the experts of  "No English man was up to the task of taking England to a world cup final, no one in England had the tatics or understanding of the game that European managers had"  if you had suggested Roy Hodgson you would of been laughed at as a fool.  So? they spent a gazzillion pounds on both Sven-Göran Eriksson & Fabio Capello resulting in no silverwear or gold and to add insult to injury then get thrashed by Germany worse than when poor oul Keegan was sipping from the poisoned chalice of the job as England Manager 

Now today on the radio it's all - European Managers don't understand the English game, it needs an English man to do the job properly and apparently there's no better man than Roy Hodgson for the job.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA  great entertainment alltogether..
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5226|Cleveland, Ohio

11 Bravo wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

The stop and start process of video review would destroy the fluidity of the game. We already have a sport like that.
explain why the old school announcers like andy and martin say they should use that technology?
and diving and rolling around on the ground already ruins the fluidity anyway.  however, as i said pages ago, the efforts of players and the hopes of a country should not be shit on because someone fucks up.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6511
but but the youth leagues cant afford it!

11 Bravo
Banned

ig wrote:

ya.....that argument is shit also.  they dont use instant replay in the minor leagues for baseball like the majors do.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6610|London, England

11 Bravo wrote:

ig wrote:

ya.....that argument is shit also.  they dont use instant replay in the minor leagues for baseball like the majors do.
It's the different philosophies though. And our league systems are totally different. A team from the Belgian third division can rise to the top and then play in the Champions league final if they were good enough.

Same goes for some random Brazillian football club that can rise and play in the Club world cup. Which is why they want to keep things equal. We have league systems in place in football (except the US, maybe some other countries)

It's a whole different setup to baseball/NFL and all that shit.

Extra refs is a better solution which they have already trialled. I think they'll go ahead with that instead.
11 Bravo
Banned
are you telling me these guys cant afford cameras?  if you are saying that then you need some help.
CammRobb
Banned
+1,510|6119|Carnoustie MASSIF
Ish time for shum total fooshball. Come on you dush.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6662|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

CammRobb wrote:

Ish time for shum total fooshball. Come on you dush.
Mollie texted you Sat night to say Happy Birthday and you didnt even reply.
11 Bravo
Banned
fucking russians
Varegg
+2,206|6799|Nårvei

11 Bravo wrote:

are you telling me these guys cant afford cameras?  if you are saying that then you need some help.
He's saying that FIFA say it is so ... most of us actually agree that there can be different rules regarding goal-refs and use of cameras in the top leagues and the lesser leagues ...
11 Bravo
Banned
i dont think that is what he was saying.
mikkel
+383|6590

nukchebi0 wrote:

mikkel wrote:

It's always the newcomers, the people who've watched a match or two, who come to offer their expert opinions on the matter as if everyone else is wrong. These people need to come to terms with the fact that, apparently, they just don't like the sport, and that it doesn't mean that the sport should change. These people will stop moaning as soon as the World Cup is over, and the rest of us can get back to watching quality football from the best leagues.
Protip: don't assume things. I like the sport, mostly - I just can't handle the pathetically antiquated officiating standards.

nukchebi0 wrote:

I don't need to assume anything. You've made it painfully obvious that you have very little knowledge of the sport, and I think everyone is very aware from your pointlessly disparaging remarks about the sport that you do not like how it's played. You need to realise that you have no obligation to follow it, and that the vast majority of people who follow the sport are fine with the way that it is. This is like wanting an inward-opening door to open outward, and calling it names for not doing so. It isn't terribly bright.

Last edited by mikkel (2010-06-28 07:08:24)

Varegg
+2,206|6799|Nårvei

11 Bravo wrote:

i dont think that is what he was saying.
Well ... it is ...
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6610|London, England
shexy shexy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard