Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
EA are removing squad hopping from the game, this is where you can spawn straight off your squad leader when you join a squad, they are going to make it so that you must spawn first before you can spawn off the squad leader. Whats your opinion on this?

If you disagree with this theres a petition going, check my sigy.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6561|Your attic
At first I thought, bah stupid EA becuase it would ruin how I normally play

But then thinking about it, this will encourage squads to stick together (and when was the last time you saw that other then between clans) and it will mean that the SL has to hang back a bit, and actually work for his squad members instead of just for himself, so for once in my life I will say............

EA FTW
Empathy
+12|6671
I say stop F***ing with year old game mechanics.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
Yeah it will involve squad leaders but it willl also completly change clan matches.
TXGFpoman
+2|6643
I personally am glad they are killing squad hopping. As stated above, this will encourage a squad to work as a squad, not an exploit. Yes I said it, Exploit. Squad hopping is an exploit. This is the number one problem with Tourney/clan play. It is not about who can play better as a team, shoot better, it is about which team can exploit the game better.

Last year around this time clan matches was a "who can load up a blackhawk and take points better"

Just my $0.02

Last edited by TXGFpoman (2006-05-01 10:52:44)

dankassasin42o
+68|6649|Reefersyde, CA
why is it noobs complain about every patch, where as half decent players adapt an over come???

I thought the mods were stopping BS crying posts as this one?
dankassasin42o
+68|6649|Reefersyde, CA
LOL   i got -1 for this.  LOL    why CUZ ITS TRUE?
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
Coz it has nothing to do with the post, your just creating friction between posters.

Writing anything like 'OMFG this post is so gay stop complainign about the game' isnt constructive in any manner or form.
dankassasin42o
+68|6649|Reefersyde, CA
acctually it has very well to do with it.  it was a post about the upcoming patch.   and i asked why every noob COMPLAINs about every patch.    thats not friction, thats FACTS.      it was a compare an contrast.   therefore it was constructive.    but of course NO ONE anwsered the question, they all -1 me. and cry to them selves, which in turn makes it appear unconstructive.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6603|USA
lets let it come out and then see how we like it, personnally i love the idea, it makes it so people cant just hop squads to spawn in strategic locations.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6720
i think in a way it is a good idea. i havnt really seen much squad hopping which has caused one team to do better than the other. sometime i actually like it when a small squad starts doing it cause it means more kills for me.
but at times on the bigger maps, i do like to squad jump just so i can spawn closer to the action and not have to find a vehicle, then travel across the map to where the bad guys are.
dankassasin42o
+68|6649|Reefersyde, CA
its not like squad hopping helps anyway.  u loose all your caps, you cant even spawn if theres a leader alive.   so whats the point?    now say, with squad hopping being disallowed,  i think they should make it possible to spawn on the SL even if your team has no flags.  since you can only have at most 6
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6708|The Hague, Netherlands

I found it quite usefull, like a squadleader all by himself near a enemy flag and then quick swap and spawn with him. but well. just another thing that EA/Dice had to "Fix" or "change" whatever.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
HaVoK-RooKiE
+27|6618|United Kingdom
I have signed it and sent it out to everyone. Apparently you people that say good riddons to squad hopping do not compete and play with people you know. It is very handy and usefull not only in matches but in normal game play. Like the guy said up above, one guy is taking a flag all by himself and he is asking for reinforcement. BAM swaped squads spawned on him got flag. You all who dont know about this apparently need to get your heads out of the clouds and loook why your team is loosing rounds.
travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6669|U.S
I have not seen anything talking about removing this on the official site so it probably isnt beeing worked on at the moment so dont worry until it says that on the official site and dont listen to unofficial sites they make up things once and while.
MY $.02
Shadow_Omega
+16|6557

dankassasin42o wrote:

why is it noobs complain about every patch, where as half decent players adapt an over come???

I thought the mods were stopping BS crying posts as this one?
ditto
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6779|Marathon, Florida Keys
when me and my clan play, we each are squad leaders so when one of us is at a flag we can all leave our squad and join that one person at a flag, this patch is gonna mess up all our shit, i wish EA would stop changing features in the game that have been around since day 1, especially one that no one ever complains about.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6563|Houston, TX
there are several topics about this... seeing as how it is big news you probably should have SEARCHED
Anyways, sign it if you haven't, whether you want to admit it or not you have probably used this feature and liked it.
Got problems with people using it against you? Why? All it means is more kills for you if you're in the right place at the right time with the right gun... I personally love both usages of squad hopping.
Empathy
+12|6671

Naughty_Om wrote:

lets let it come out and then see how we like it, personnally i love the idea, it makes it so people cant just hop squads to spawn in strategic locations.
BUT.... thats the entire POINT of changing your squad. It HELPS your team to capture a strategic location. Its all strategy, and changing a game mechanic that was NOT broken after the game has been out for a YEAR severely damages the established gameplay of BF2. This is NOT what needs to happen to BF2, what needs to happen is BUGFIXES that ruin the game. Like I've maintained, I HAVE NOT heard a single complaint about squad hoppers UNTIL this patch note came around. Since then, many people (henceforth called "noobs") have come forth saying its a good change that prevents a "gay tactic". Now, tell me, define a "gay tactic" its the tactic that offends or beats a lesser player (noob). Anyone remember the article about street fighter players having to adapt to using "gay moves" to win tournaments while all the little smurfs got beat and whined about it. The point of a game is to play to WIN, there is no such thing as a "gay" move unless it involves altercating the game files in some manner, in which case that is downright CHEATING. Squad hopping has not been cheating, has never been regarded as cheating. In fact, it has been a game MECHANIC (read: staple of gameplay) for many players (read: not just "pros" but players who like to play with friends). Changing such staples of gameplay is not necessary, nor is it helpful for keeping players (other than the noobs) around playing the game (and/or referring it to friends). It seems to me that DICE/EA wants to kill BF2 to prepare the road for 2142 (which looks like a turd to me, OMGz MECHZ LOLZ!).
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
Btw for whoever -1 me for saying coz not cuz, say it phonetically and then tell me its spelt Cuz, because sounds like coz alot more than cuz. Anyway back to the post.

I do agree that it could be counted as an abuse of the game. However this has been in the game as the post above says for a year. Changing something like this can completly change the way clans play. I personally completly agree with Empathy.
dankassasin42o
+68|6649|Reefersyde, CA

Vilham wrote:

Btw for whoever -1 me for saying coz not cuz, say it phonetically and then tell me its spelt Cuz, because sounds like coz alot more than cuz. Anyway back to the post.

I do agree that it could be counted as an abuse of the game. However this has been in the game as the post above says for a year. Changing something like this can completly change the way clans play. I personally completly agree with Empathy.
deprived from the word, "Because", shortened b'cuz, or cuz.   -1 for you again.
dankassasin42o
+68|6649|Reefersyde, CA
The only reason you and your clan need more then 1 squad, is if you have more then 6 people, or are having pilots/gunners.   THE ONLY REASONS.   the other reason they'd take squad hoping out.    ITS PART OF GLITCHING.  how else that fag in the wall get all them people with him????
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

dankassasin42o wrote:

Vilham wrote:

deprived from the word, "Because", shortened b'cuz, or cuz.   -1 for you again.
wrong shortened cos or to be pedantic b'cos
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK

dankassasin42o wrote:

The only reason you and your clan need more then 1 squad, is if you have more then 6 people, or are having pilots/gunners.   THE ONLY REASONS.   the other reason they'd take squad hoping out.    ITS PART OF GLITCHING.  how else that fag in the wall get all them people with him????
Im guessing you dont play clan matches then cos then you would know that you dont have one squad you have atleast 2 in a 5v5 and in 8v8 you have about 3.
IronFerret
+48|6627|Mexico City.
whats the "oficial" ea reason for this?!?...

my theory is lets fuck up bf2 with stupid patches (who actually dont fix bugs) and then release bf2142 with all the cool features bf2 had in the original release.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard