Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6775|UK
O sorry we forgot its only important that the nationalists get closure. Fuck everyone else right....
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6114|eXtreme to the maX
to what end?
So what was the point of the Savile enquiry?
Why don't you think IRA atrocities should be investigated? I don't really see how blowing up bandsmen in parks or people in pubs protects catholics from protestants.

Honestly, no-one I can think of in Britain gave a shit about Northern Ireland, no-one wanted our troops there, no-one gave a shit about the protestants and no-one would have been interested in helping the protestants kill catholics or vice-versa.
The catholic-protestant squabble is an Irish thing no-one outside Ireland gives a crap about.

The IRA were dumb enough to escalate the troubles and caused their fellow irishmen years of pain in the process.
Its a shame the SAS didn't whack Adams and McGuinness right at the start.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6751|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

Dilbert_X wrote:

to what end?
So what was the point of the Savile enquiry?
Why don't you think IRA atrocities should be investigated? I don't really see how blowing up bandsmen in parks or people in pubs protects catholics from protestants.

Honestly, no-one I can think of in Britain gave a shit about Northern Ireland, no-one wanted our troops there, no-one gave a shit about the protestants and no-one would have been interested in helping the protestants kill catholics or vice-versa.
The catholic-protestant squabble is an Irish thing no-one outside Ireland gives a crap about.

The IRA were dumb enough to escalate the troubles and caused their fellow irishmen years of pain in the process.
Its a shame the SAS didn't whack Adams and McGuinness right at the start.
The point of the Savile enquiry was to establish why the instruments of the state murdered 14 innocent civilians & wounded 13 others. The people of Derry and the victims all knew the truth, and have been campaigning since the event to find justice for the innocent people murdered - for 38 years the stain of bloody Sunday officially was on the people of Derry who all this time have known the reality of what the States forces did that day. Now the whole world knows that the Stain is on the Crown Forces & no where else " unjustified and unjustifiable".   

we don't need an enquirey into say the Enniskillen bombing because we know what terrorist grouping planted it , & we certainly know the people of Enniskillen didn't plant it and then blame the IRA.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
And everything the IRA did was "unjustified and unjustifiable".
IG-Calibre
comhalta

Dilbert_X wrote:

And everything the IRA did was "unjustified and unjustifiable".
I couldn't agree more, however, the actions of a few terrorists certainly doesn't legitimate the callous indiscriminate murder of innocent Civilians by the State, nor give them the right to deliberately lie about their actions, cover up the fact, and alow the murderers to get off scot-free, so you can forget your piss poor fucking whataboutery as it doesn't hold water.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The IRA callously killed plenty of entirely blameless civilians going about their lives, they should hand themselves in.
The IRA claimed to be the legitimate military wing of a legitimate govt in exile, they should be held to the exact same standards as the British then.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-06-17 08:16:48)

pace51
Boom?
+194|5182|Markham, Ontario
They're no better than when they were fenians. However, this is another one of those

"Your freedom fighter is my terrorist"

And vice versa.

Aalthough, I think the IRA goes way too far.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

I'd never call the IRA anything other than a cowardly, murdering terrorist group who had little qualms about killing any person involved in the conflict regardless of whose side they were on.
IG-Calibre
comhalta

Dilbert_X wrote:

The IRA callously killed plenty of entirely blameless civilians going about their lives, they should hand themselves in.
The IRA claimed to be the legitimate military wing of a legitimate govt in exile, they should be held to the exact same standards as the British then.
aye.... in their minds maybe!!  & that's the official IRA a different organisation to the Provisional IRA which was the main grouping in the North of Ireland, besides the democratic reality is completely different, so, no is the answer to that miss guided waffle.  Again, I must say I think you do yourself a great disservice & look pretty fucking retarded with this constant trying to find some perceived equivocation between the British state & the IRA tbh.  I think the Great British people would demand that they be held to a higher standard than a terrorist organisation, especially those who served the crown forces with integrity.

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2010-06-17 08:51:23)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6590|SE London

Vilham wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Haha. Sure it was.
Damn straight it was.

Bloody Sunday was an absolute disgrace. The findings of this inquiry show that unambiguously.

I do think the reaction to the inquiry has been a little over the top though. All the calls for prosecuting those who testified to the inquiry on the basis that they would be immune for prosecution are absurd. If you have immunity from prosecution, that is immunity from prosecution - you can't then turn around and say "it was only immunity from prosecution for murder charges, not perjury charges". You can't retrospectively change the terms of immunity from prosecution - that would set a dangerous precedent.
Please care explain what that has to do with my point? I think you might have completely misunderstood my point and IGs comment before that.
OK - it's pretty simple. He said the law was fully applied to all terrorists, you said "haha sure it was", I said "damn straight it was". Why? Because your implication that it wasn't is bollocks.

The rest is not aimed at you. It's just a comment on one aspect of the reaction to the findings of the inquiry that caught my attention.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2010-06-17 13:12:08)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

IG-Calibre wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

aye.... in their minds maybe!!  & that's the official IRA a different organisation to the Provisional IRA which was the main grouping in the North of Ireland, besides the democratic reality is completely different, so, no is the answer to that miss guided waffle.  Again, I must say I think you do yourself a great disservice & look pretty fucking retarded with this constant trying to find some perceived equivocation between the British state & the IRA tbh.  I think the Great British people would demand that they be held to a higher standard than a terrorist organisation, especially those who served the crown forces with integrity.
We don't have to demand it, we know it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

IG-Calibre wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

The Brits aren't too interested in the internal squabbling of the Republicans.

Since the terrorists have been given immunity from prosecution then so should the soldiers.

So anyway, why are the IRA still buying weapons and planting bombs?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/northern_ire … 166726.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/northern_ire … 347051.stm

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-06-18 06:25:50)

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6509|so randum

pace51 wrote:

They're no better than when they were fenians. However, this is another one of those

"Your freedom fighter is my terrorist"

And vice versa.

Aalthough, I think the IRA goes way too far.
stop posting for the sake of fucking posting
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6494|England
The IRA is still active, there was a shooting outside a British Army base in N Ireland not to long back, I remember we were put on high Alert for a while in Germany because of fear of another attack.
Jepeto87
+38|6694|Dublin
That was a splinter group.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

Not the real IRA of course, that'd be too complicated. Not the Provisional IRA, not the breakaway IRA, no, the absolutely bonkers-mad-only-two-of-them-left-nobody-even-knows-who-the-other-one-is-IRA. - Bill Bailey
Jepeto87
+38|6694|Dublin
Ironically the real IRA are the group that the above articles and lostfate mentioned, the split from the Provisional IRA who themselves split with the old IRA. Not to be mistaken from the IRA from the Republic of Irelands war of independance the majority of which went on to be called the IDF, very complicated stuff lol

There's also CIRA, INLA . . . Probably more but I cant recall

Last edited by Jepeto87 (2010-06-18 11:28:39)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard