IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6751|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

The_Guardsman wrote:

Most of what you mentioned was before my time and WHEN l did my training l was'nt taught all that. Not being funny mate, but alot of people join the Army to make good mates, get paid, they cant find work else where and do adventure training. Not go to another place to be treated like shit by the locals. Would you if the roles were reversed be all happy and smiley?
Glad you do think that the IRA are terrorists. I can see that you had a bad time at the hand of the British Army and can see why your not overly joyed with them, but remember we're not all like that and l tried to be friendly to people over there. Some said hello, others just spat at me and tried to kill me.
Nah, i'm not having a go at you personally man, I met some Brits who seemed sound, met a few wankers too  - Lets face it, it was a shitty situation for everyone. All water under the bridge now.  Sure I can even stand at the North VCP in Al Basrah now in Project Reality and say things like "is that your own car sir, can I see your licence?"

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2007-05-27 06:41:00)

CameronPoe
+2,925|6563
The PIRA dishonoured the cause of Irish freedom by resorting to attacks on civilians. If they had acted like soldiers then we could all speak fondly of them. They violated the following core principle:

We place the cause of the Irish Republic under the protection of the Most High God, Whose blessing we invoke upon our arms, and we pray that no one who serves that cause will dishonour it by cowardice, inhumanity, or rapine. In this supreme hour the Irish nation must, by its valour and discipline and by the readiness of its children to sacrifice themselves for the common good, prove itself worthy of the august destiny to which it is called.
If they had stuck to targetting the British army, governmental institutions and security apparatus nobody would have any cause for complaint.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2007-05-27 06:42:05)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6362

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2005 wrote:

david363 wrote:

thanx for bringing this up
Have to throw a curve ball every once and a while.
I think it was your 4th ball and the batter is walking to first base.
more like a Roger Clemens / Mike Piaza thing . . .
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6298|Éire

The_Guardsman wrote:

Most of what you mentioned was before my time and WHEN l did my training l was'nt taught all that. Not being funny mate, but alot of people join the Army to make good mates, get paid, they cant find work else where and do adventure training. Not go to another place to be treated like shit by the locals. Would you if the roles were reversed be all happy and smiley?
Glad you do think that the IRA are terrorists. I can see that you had a bad time at the hand of the British Army and can see why your not overly joyed with them, but remember we're not all like that and l tried to be friendly to people over there. Some said hello, others just spat at me and tried to kill me.
During the troubles the IRA AND the British army were terrorists ...anyone who tries to argue otherwise is misguided. There is no black and white/good vs. evil in that whole situation. There were atrocities carried out by both sides in the name of a principal both sides truly believed in ...defending the empire (British) and reclaiming your Motherland from invaders (Irish).

Anyone who thinks the British were blame free on Bloody Sunday is as deluded as someone who attempts to defend the Omagh bombing. The British acted like Israel that day, absolutely disgraceful heavy handedness followed by disgraceful cover up attempts and whitewash inquests. Whether or not a few rounds came from the crowd does not defend the Paras response. How many Paras were killed or injured on Bloody Sunday?
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6753|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark

IG-Calibre wrote:

The_Guardsman wrote:

Nah, i'm not having a go at you personally man, I met some Brits who seemed sound, met a few wankers too  - Lets face it, it was a shitty situation for everyone. All water under the bridge now.  Sure I can even stand at the North VCP in Al Basrah now in Project Reality and say things like "is that your own car sir, can I see your licence?"
Gleaming, good effort mate
IG-Calibre
comhalta
The former head of the British Army has said he believes innocent people were shot on Bloody Sunday.
He's fairly changed his tune!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/6699729.stm
JahManRed
wank
+646|6636|IRELAND

IG-Calibre wrote:

The former head of the British Army has said he believes innocent people were shot on Bloody Sunday.

He could have said that in the  Widgery Inquiry 35 years ago. He didn't, he let the British army and Unionist population in Northern Ireland have a justification by insinuating that all the ppl shot were involved in shooting or blast bomb throwing.
It puts it in context when you consider that the incident and subsequent cover up ignited the troubles and acted as the IRA's best recruiting Sargent. If this Solder and others had come forward and therefore satisfied the enraged nationalists need for a transparent inquiry forcing the solders involved to testify, who's to know how many lives would have been saved.
He guaranteed decades of struggle and heartache for the families who were trying in vein to clear their relatives of blame.
IG-Calibre
comhalta

JahManRed wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

He could have said that in the  Widgery Inquiry 35 years ago. He didn't, he let the British army and Unionist population in Northern Ireland have a justification by insinuating that all the ppl shot were involved in shooting or blast bomb throwing.
It puts it in context when you consider that the incident and subsequent cover up ignited the troubles and acted as the IRA's best recruiting Sargent. If this Solder and others had come forward and therefore satisfied the enraged nationalists need for a transparent inquiry forcing the solders involved to testify, who's to know how many lives would have been saved.
He guaranteed decades of struggle and heartache for the families who were trying in vein to clear their relatives of blame.
Aye not forgetting the 15, including two children and three women, that were killed in The McGurk's Bar bombing in 1971 which is viewed as the first major atrocity of the Troubles. Which the British Government maintained was the work of the IRA for years (which they denied at the time) and it turned out it was the work of Loyalist Paramilitaries.

Again the families are calling on the authorities to re-open the investigation into the bombing, and for an inquiry into the events surrounding this atrocity. was this a deliberate act of collusion between the British state and it's hidden hand the UVF to discredit the Republican movement?

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2007-05-29 08:21:40)

IG-Calibre
comhalta
That's an interesting program which yer man Jackson says he believes the civilians are innocent, It's about the soldiers perspective of operation "Banner" the longest "campaign" in British military history, an operation that was supposed to last 6 weeks, lasted 37 years, the story of the soldiers life here..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/tv … spotlight/
IG-Calibre
comhalta

The_Guardsman wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

One victim was found to have a bullet pass through one underarm and out the other ...he had his arms in the air.
Aye, probably waving a White handkerchief in the air - there is no evidence to support the claim that any civilian was firing a rifle, & also the question surrounding the legitimacy of the 4 "nail Bombs"
I have a book at home called Bloody Sunday Lord Widgery's report 1972. The chap l think your on about when examined had lead deposits on his scarf and hands, which indicates he had used a fire arm.
Had a flick through the book and it says of the deceased

5 had no evidence of having used fire arms or nail bombs, but some had been near others that had
8 Had evidence of using fire arms or throwing nail bombs

It also mentions one of the dead was found with 4 nail bombs in his clothing and that one of the injured was hit by a low-velocity round fired wildly by a civie.

I can't in an instance belive that Soldiers just open fire for fits and giggles. I belive they were provoked into firing, granted it maybe over the top l will admit that and innocents people died, but heres a quote from the book.
"There would have been no deaths in Londonderry on 30th of January if those who organised the illegal march had not thereby created a highly dangerous situation in which a clash between demonstrators and the security forces was almost inevitable."

At the end of the day the terrorists that committed the bombings and killing of  British soldiers, RUC officers and Civilians are all free.
I belive that the IRA and other groups such as the LUF, UVF, CIRA, PIRA, RIRA and the such are terrorists and not freedom fighters, maybe years ago the IRA could have been classed as freedom fighters, but now ,no. As soon as you start killing Innocent civilian by executing and bombings and doing illegal activities such as drug dealing, extortion and the such are terrorists and nothing more!
well I reckon after today mate you can throw that "shit book" in the bin, eh?  THEY WERE ALL COMPLETELY INNOCENT end of story..
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6114|eXtreme to the maX

IG-Calibre wrote:

well I reckon after today mate you can throw that "shit book" in the bin, eh?  THEY WERE ALL COMPLETELY INNOCENT end of story..
Suggest waiting until the report is out.

'Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness, Sinn Fein, was present at the time of the violence and "probably armed with a sub-machine gun" but did not engage in "any activity that provided any of the soldiers with any justification for opening fire"'

Its just as likely its a whitewash to keep the IRA in the peace process.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-06-15 16:23:30)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
IG-Calibre
comhalta

Dilbert_X wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

'Northern Ireland's Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness, Sinn Fein, was present at the time of the violence and "probably armed with a sub-machine gun" but did not engage in "any activity that provided any of the soldiers with any justification for opening fire"'

what a siht fucking scummy post.. are you blind? have you not watched any news today?
The long-awaited Saville Report cleared the victims of any blame for the killings during a civil rights march in Londonderry more than 38 years ago.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ … untry.html

Scum in Britsh uniform murdered 14 innocent people and more scum covered it up - then they all went off to buck palace for tea & buns and Medals from lizzy Windsor. Fact, as now recorded by history.

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2010-06-15 18:03:30)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

IG-Calibre wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

what a siht fucking scummy post.. are you blind? have you not watched any news today?
The long-awaited Saville Report cleared the victims of any blame for the killings during a civil rights march in Londonderry more than 38 years ago.

Scum in Britsh uniform murdered 14 innocent people and more scum covered it up - then they all went off to buck palace for tea & buns and Medals from lizzy Windsor. Fact, as now recorded by history.
There were IRA guys in the crowd with machine guns though, while the victims may be blameless the IRA aren't.
I'm not saying the paratroopers were in the right, or that using shock troops for police work is sensible.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-06-15 19:00:43)

IG-Calibre
comhalta

Dilbert_X wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

There were IRA guys in the crowd with machine guns though, while the victims may be blameless the IRA aren't.
I'm not saying the paratroopers were in the right, or that using shock troops for police work is sensible.
no.. an anonymous source made the claim to the enquiry that McGuiness was seen with a machine gun, which he completely refutes and which was not corroborate by anyone else - you know? the thousands of non-IRA innocent Civil rights marchers that were on the march - there are numerious photos of McGuinness and none show him carrying any weapon.  The Brits opened fire - they didn't return it as they claimed LIED, there were no nail bombers either, more lies from Jackson - they murdered innocent people, the heroes of the British army murdered people with their hands in the air / or shot them dead in the back running away, even one waving a white flag trying to go to the aid of another. Classy regiment the Paras.  So your post holds no water, the IRA are in no way to blame for the crown forces actions on Bloody Sunday in Derry. I'd read your Prime ministers statement again..

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2010-06-16 04:35:20)

Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6535|London (At Heart)

We've accepted all blame for it now, it's 30 years on, can it just be put to rest and confied to the history books now?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

IG-Calibre wrote:

no.. an anonymous source made the claim to the enquiry that McGuiness was seen with a machine gun, which he completely refutes and which was not corroborate by anyone else - you ..
The enquiry found that he was probably carrying a Thompson machine gun while at the demonstration, also that a 17 year old was carrying nail bombs.

You either accept the enquiry as a whole or not at all.
Also
Saville says that there was "some firing by republican paramilitaries" but that on balance the Army fired first.

A member of the Official IRA told the inquiry that they had shot at soldiers very early on in retaliation to the shooting of two of the protesters. Saville said: "These two Official IRA members had gone to a pre-arranged sniping position in order to fire at the soldiers; and probably did so when an opportunity presented itself rather than because two civilians had been injured."
'On balance', 12 years, hundreds of millions of pounds and thats as far as it goes, 'on balance'.....
So its still a fine balance between who fired first, the British or the IRA.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-06-16 05:01:56)

IG-Calibre
comhalta

Dilbert_X wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

no.. an anonymous source made the claim to the enquiry that McGuiness was seen with a machine gun, which he completely refutes and which was not corroborate by anyone else - you ..
The enquiry found that he was probably carrying a Thompson machine gun while at the demonstration, also that a 17 year old was carrying nail bombs.

You either accept the enquiry as a whole or not at all.
Also
Saville says that there was "some firing by republican paramilitaries" but that on balance the Army fired first.

A member of the Official IRA told the inquiry that they had shot at soldiers very early on in retaliation to the shooting of two of the protesters. Saville said: "These two Official IRA members had gone to a pre-arranged sniping position in order to fire at the soldiers; and probably did so when an opportunity presented itself rather than because two civilians had been injured."
'On balance', 12 years, hundreds of millions of pounds and thats as far as it goes, 'on balance'.....
So its still a fine balance between who fired first, the British or the IRA.
an RUC source called "Infliction" claimed to have seen Mc Guiness with the gun - none of the 30 thousand other marchers there did. wonder why? eh?

again you're trying to Justify the unjustifiable.. I do accept the whole findings of the enquiry which has completely disgraced the crown forces, next up the enquiry for the familys into the Ballymurphy massacre in 1971 when the crown forces murdered another 9 civilians, I hope these familys get the same closure as the bloody Sunday familys.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballymurphy_Massacre

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2010-06-16 05:37:13)

Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6774|UK
Yup and then an inquiry in which all former members of the IRA go to trial. Like Jerry Adams, Mc Guiness and half of Sien Fien.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
interesting watching the person in command of the troops on Bloody Sunday now after the Savile report is published..

http://www.channel4.com/news/articles/p … ry/3681327

Last edited by IG-Calibre (2010-06-16 06:00:05)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6231|Escea

I quite liked what that Colonel said about context. People seem to forget what it was like to be a member of the security forces back then, being sniped at or shot at or blown up at any time, and that many of them would be on edge. Bloody Sunday was tragic yes, but tbh, the IRA have pulled off a lot worse shit and killed a lot more of the Irish population. Dickhead's like McGuinness should face trials for being part of a terrorist organisation. I actually thought him being there to comment was in bad taste, considering the accusations that he was carrying a submachine gun and being exactly the sort of character the troops were expecting to encounter.
IG-Calibre
comhalta

Vilham wrote:

Yup and then an inquiry in which all former members of the IRA go to trial. Like Jerry Adams, Mc Guiness and half of Sien Fien.
I think you will find that for 4 decades the full vigour of the law was applied to all terrorists involved in the troubles - unlike the instruments of the state that killed indiscriminately without fear of prosecution..
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6774|UK

IG-Calibre wrote:

Vilham wrote:

I think you will find that for 4 decades the full vigour of the law was applied to all terrorists involved in the troubles - unlike the instruments of the state that killed indiscriminately without fear of prosecution..
Haha. Sure it was.
IG-Calibre
comhalta
Derek Wilford again telling the Lies concocted by Mike Jackson saying that between 150 and 200 rounds were fired at his men before they returned fired on bloody Sunday- this, the man who believes the Paras were "magnificent" that day. What a fucking embarrassment to the British..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ire … 325283.stm
LostFate
Same shit, Different Arsehole
+95|6493|England

CameronPoe wrote:

Not to detract from the callous acts of murder they committed but I'd like to see the number of Irish killed, starved or forced to emigrate by the brits over the past 800 years.
The IRA weren't freedom fighters cam if that's what you're trying to get at, look at the Omagh bombing none of the people killed we're British soldiers apparently oppressing the people of Ireland

The victims included people from many different backgrounds—Protestants,  Catholics,  a Mormon, nine children, a woman pregnant with twins,  two Spanish tourists, and other tourists on a day trip from the Republic of Ireland

Nothing but scum bag terrorist's.
IG-Calibre
comhalta

Vilham wrote:

IG-Calibre wrote:

Vilham wrote:

Haha. Sure it was.
Aye. Diplock courts must o' been a figment of my imagination.. silly me.  No IRA personnel were ever prosecuted during the 40 years of the troubles, Long Kesh / Maghaberry were actually Holiday camps, Jesus how did you ever get into the RM's? to think they give a fucking idiot like you a gun & uniform..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard