Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker
Since voip is fubar (cept for the 9 yr old with the chipmunk voice wth), what do you all use for mic chat?  When I was with a clan, they have a ventrilo server and it worked great.  Used skype for awhile when just myself and a buddy play the game, but it seems to disconnect on his end too easily now.  Anyone use Teamspeak etc?  Please state the reason for your preference.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

ventrilo/ts3 will both serve you fine.

ts3 has a few more features, like file transfer, setting avatars, and most importantly for those in the server with me, volume autocontrol.  like if i yell, it will automatically tune down my voice a bit.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6283

Teamspeak 3's got much better codecs and security options now.

The only downside I've seen with it is the ridiculous amount of permission options. They get kinda confusing when you're trying to set it up for the first time.

I prefer it over Vent mainly because of the layout (information about each user on the right, a log/integrated chat at the bottom)
Brasso
+1,549|6601

oh yeah i forgot about the chat.  the chat is quite nice when you want to share links and such (no more editing comments like in vent)

resource usage (on my computer at least, connected to my local server)
vent: 5K mem usage
ts3: 22K

Last edited by Brasso (2010-06-08 14:31:07)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5954|Perth, Australia
I personally use xFire.

Works well 1 to 1 and now there are about 5 of us playing BC2 so now we all just pile into a voice chat room. Very simple with good sound quality (at least compared to steam and mumble).
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6145|Sydney | ♥

ts3 is good.

ts2 (layout wise) was alot better.

I lived for the web ui.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6649|Middle of nowhere
Mumble, you all need to get it.
Rod Foxx
Warblgarbl
+78|5954|Perth, Australia

genius_man16 wrote:

I tried mumble with some friends before. But no matter how we set it up or what we did the sound quality was always really low.

I'm pretty certain it must be us though because i've watched some livestreams with people using mumble and it sounds perfect
DUnlimited
got any popo lolo intersting?
+1,160|6434|cuntshitlake

mumble sounds shit
TS2 sounds shit
Vent is the most simple / has the best layout. Good audio quality
TS3 is confusing but has good audio quality and the best latency out of these.

Last edited by DUnlimited (2010-06-09 22:39:06)

main battle tank karthus medikopter 117 megamegapowershot gg
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6649|Middle of nowhere

Rod Foxx wrote:

genius_man16 wrote:

I tried mumble with some friends before. But no matter how we set it up or what we did the sound quality was always really low.

I'm pretty certain it must be us though because i've watched some livestreams with people using mumble and it sounds perfect
Yeah, anyone who says mumble is shit is doing it wrong.  Although I just installed it and it worked perfect for me, so i couldn't help with any troubleshooting

TS3 works okay for me but Mumble is easier to log into, and it has the hilarious voice that reads all of what you type, so I use it instead

Vent for me is shit
Zukabazuka
+23|6656
Using skype, works fine, quality for me in it is pretty good. Just call the people you wanna play with and start playing. Feels great.
prototype
+52|6282
you guys think that the patch will make the in game com better ?
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

prototype wrote:

you guys think that the patch will make the in game com better ?
in short, no ...
Brasso
+1,549|6601

i completely forgot about mumble.  for me mumble is just as good as TS3, and the in-game overlay is a nice feature.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard