Barrakuda777
+86|6737|Somewhere near a shrub or rock
Should I buy the game, and more importantly if I do, is the sniping similar to how it was in bf2?

)
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio
yes....as long as you dont make any sniper vids.
mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5964|Sheffield

11 Bravo wrote:

yes....as long as you dont make any sniper vids.
this all over.

Last thing I want is a media section filled with wookie/crap sniper videos.

Last edited by mooneyno1 (2010-06-04 04:00:09)

Barrakuda777
Ok, lets assume i promise not to film....

Is the sniper gameplay comprable? Is it still 1 shot headshots .... and do they have my SVD still?
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5238|Cleveland, Ohio

Barrakuda777 wrote:

Is the sniper gameplay comprable? Is it still 1 shot headshots .... and do they have my SVD still?
its very easy to snipe.  although its more fun and sometimes easier to snipe with the shotgun.
mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5964|Sheffield

Barrakuda777 wrote:

you will get headshots in BC2 that make no sense at all. Sniping in BC2 = easier.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6621|Mhz

11 Bravo wrote:

Barrakuda777 wrote:

its very easy to snipe.  although its more fun and sometimes easier to snipe with the shotgun.
'tis true, shotty sniping is the single fastest way to make people rage at you, with invariably hilarious consequences.
Barrakuda777
So ... the important one.

Is my dragunov still there?

And easier?!?!? Oh dear.
hintakaari
+113|5940
its not like in bf2.

Bullets are slower and drops a lot more.
Scope moves around by itself.
Knife doesnt kill
hitboxes are sometimes worse than in bf2
movement is shit
you cant see shit because all the glow and smoke
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Yeah it has its issues, but no more than bf2 had really. Knife may be proclaimed as being broken but many people have no trouble getting tags. People tend to whine when they don't do as good as they think they should, so they blame bugs and glitches. Go get it
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6000|Vortex Ring State

hintakaari wrote:

its not like in bf2.

Bullets are slower and drops a lot more.
Scope moves around by itself.
Knife doesnt kill
hitboxes are sometimes worse than in bf2
movement is shit
you cant see shit because all the glow and smoke
well you're just too pro in bf2,

oh and BC2 = epic rage lulz from non-veterans when you kiil them with the garand.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5359|London, England
Sniping in BC2... Well, you have more weapon choices. There are four bolt action rifles, the M24, SV98, GOL and M95. They all do the same damage for balance purposes with 100 being the top damage within 20 meters with magnum ammo and 50 damage being the minimum damage reached at 64 meters or so. Headshot is 3.25x damage so it is a OHK at any range. There are also two semi-automatic sniper rifles, the T88 and SVU (silenced) that require three hits to kill and the VSS is a fully automatic, silenced sniper rifle with a 20 round clip.

You also get access to C4 if you wish to get up close, or you can call in a mortar strike which is very similar to the commanders artillery strike in BF2 (without the gun emplacements on the map) with a one minute cooldown.

Lastly, there is also hardcore mode which removes kill cams, reduces player health to 50 (from 100), removes spotting and the map and is essentially a prebuilt game mode for bad snipers. Shoot someone in the foot and they die.

Games worth buying and it's ton of fun I'm currently level 41.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Barrakuda777
Sounds tempting....

2 questions.

How bad is the scope sway, and is there any bullet deviation when scoped (will i hit what i aim at?)

no SVD?!?!?

WTF, tell me that silenced semi is basically the same thing??
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6621|Mhz

Theres a couple of semis, all basically no different to each other, one is a bit like the SVD i suppose, same style scope and it's semi auto, but as said, bullet travel speed is a low slower and the drop significantly greater so it's not going to behave like anything from BF2, nothing will, except shotguns, which with slugs are surprisingly similar to BF2 sniper rifles, in both travel time and bullet drop.

A lot of the old CQC BF2 snipers seem to like going with an RDS on one of the bolt snipers as well.

Deviation is fine when scoped, and much more accurate than BF2 when not scoped, reg is dodgy as fuck at times, for me anyway, for some it's ok, don't know anyone who says it's perfect.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Barrakuda777 wrote:

Sounds tempting....

2 questions.

How bad is the scope sway, and is there any bullet deviation when scoped (will i hit what i aim at?)

no SVD?!?!?

WTF, tell me that silenced semi is basically the same thing??
Here are the scope views. Kind of small...

https://www.alexramon.com/images/misc/sights-recon.jpg

There is bullet drop.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Theres a couple of semis, all basically no different to each other, one is a bit like the SVD i suppose, same style scope and it's semi auto, but as said, bullet travel speed is a low slower and the drop significantly greater so it's not going to behave like anything from BF2, nothing will, except shotguns, which with slugs are surprisingly similar to BF2 sniper rifles, in both travel time and bullet drop.

A lot of the old CQC BF2 snipers seem to like going with an RDS on one of the bolt snipers as well.

Deviation is fine when scoped, and much more accurate than BF2 when not scoped, reg is dodgy as fuck at times, for me anyway, for some it's ok, don't know anyone who says it's perfect.
All bullets travel the same speed in BC2. Shotguns have no bullet drop, sniper rifles in BF2 had drop.

Hint: If you put an RDS or 4x Scope on a sniper rifle then it removes the bullet drop.
-Frederick Bastiat
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6621|Mhz

Wrong on all points there (except bf2 snipers havng drop, we all know they did) but cba arguing it
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

Wrong on all points there (except bf2 snipers havng drop, we all know they did) but cba arguing it
No, I'm not wrong on any point. All bullets travel the same speed and the two short range scopes do get rid of bullet drop for sniper rifles.
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
this game is not worth your time

and there will be no miracle 'the return of christ' patch to fix all of its woes.

in fact, past precedent suggests that whenever they stick their grubby fingers in the game-code, just as many new problems surface as old ones are repaired. the game's community will continue stumbling forward in a state of aggravated-stasis, continually talking of the 'next patch' as the bf2 community did vis-a-vis hitreg and game balance, just like the jehovah's witnesses predicting the ever-extended date of apocalypse.

tl;dr: no.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6721|Scotland
I spent £34.99 on this game.

I have a dual core 2.67GHz, 4GB RAM, and an ATi Radeon HD4870 with 512MB

and it still lagged like shit with medium settings. Fuck that.
Christbane
+51|6236
I have the same at work, dual core with 4gb ram except with a 9600 and it runs smooth on med settings
mooneyno1
Carl Gustav <3333
+16|5964|Sheffield

Airwolf wrote:

E6600 @ 2.4 ghz
2 gig shit ram
384mb 8800GS

40 fps on low in 1024 x 768

40fps is enough to play it without lag, anyone who disagrees deserves a slap.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6668

Sadly, there is no direct replacment to the SVD.  Recoil is too significant at range for both of the BC2 semi-autos.
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6354|Troy, New York

Airwolf wrote:

Same here.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard